Hybrid View

Default transportation ?

Hi All,

just wondeing whats the best way transportation wise to get to CSA ? I know of the bus, but any other options?? thanks

I hate small planes but some people tske the Tim air or International airlink I think they are called. Pretty expensive and sometimes they don't save much time. The couples shuttle is included in your vaca so we sit back and enjoy the ride.

We've never tried it but have heard of others on the Message Board that have flown using TimAir.

We've been to CSA 6 times. Returning in March for #7. Last year we flew TimAir from MoBay to Negril. About a 12 minute flight down the coast. My wife was a little nervous at first but now she is hooked. We arrived in MoBay at 9am and was on the resort by 10:00. It was awesome. $210.00 US was the cost. It allowed us to start our vacation as early as possible. We are sad to leave so the shuttle on the way back to the airport was fine with us. The pilot was great and flew right alone the coast line. Great for a diffferent look at the island and some great photos! Booked again for this year! Which ever way you go enjoy Jamaica!!

Quote Originally Posted by gibbyvaca View Post
    We've been to CSA 6 times. Returning in March for #7. Last year we flew TimAir from MoBay to Negril. About a 12 minute flight down the coast. My wife was a little nervous at first but now she is hooked. We arrived in MoBay at 9am and was on the resort by 10:00. It was awesome. $210.00 US was the cost. It allowed us to start our vacation as early as possible. We are sad to leave so the shuttle on the way back to the airport was fine with us. The pilot was great and flew right alone the coast line. Great for a diffferent look at the island and some great photos! Booked again for this year! Which ever way you go enjoy Jamaica!!

Hi guys, hope you had another great trip.
    How do you get from the Negril 'airstrip' to CSA? Does TimAir provide this as well?
    Thanks.

We have used TimAir on our last few trips. You can also hire a private car to take you. Either way, it's a lot more than taking the included shuttle.

For a private ride from MB to Negril you are looking at about $50/ couple. That generally includes ice cold Red Stripes (in the bottle) for the ride. Plus you can decide for yourself if you want to stop along the way (rather than some stranger on the shuttle deciding for everyone else). For us, the private transport is well worth it.

muck do you have a good name of someone for the private transfer?

Alwaysryu, if muck doesn't respond and you need a driver, email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com
    I know a guy named Henry we've used a couple of times for outings.

We have always gotten a private transfer from MBJ to CSA as we like stopping if we want or driving straight through if we want and it helps us enjoy our vacation the way we want. (We do take the shuttle provided by Couples back to MBJ) We set it up through Yvonne Forester at Yvonne.f@couples.com. The cost has always been $90 one way plus tip. I now always request Carl. He provided us the best, safest experience. I have tipped $10 & $20 in the past but have tipped Carl $30 as I feel he is by far the best driver we have had. Enjoy your vacation....we are 55 days out! Woo Hoo! Can't wait!

We haven't used tim air but I've read you hail a taxi somehow. It's a very short ride on your dime.

The "bus" (van) that Couples sends, is always interesting.

How long is the Couples bus ride from MB to CSA?

We enjoy the van that couples sends, because the driver will talk to you pretty much the whole time about Jamaica and you get to meet and talk to the others who are with you.

The van ride is the best!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

The shuttle van is truly educational, enlightening, and entertaining. The drivers we have used in the past are courteous and professional.

We take a Couples-provided driver, stop and get some food with them, and enjoy some cold beer and serenity on the way to CTI. It's the best way for us, especially since you asked about options other than the bus.

Note; some drivers are much better than others.

I am looking for private transport with larger vehicle for my very tall husband. Any suggestions?