Default Couples Swept Away Questions Answered

We are currently at Swept Away thought I would take a minute to answer some questions I know that have been asked lately. I will check again in a few days if anyone has any others I can help with.

1. Incidental deposit.....can be done in cash or credit card. They place a $300 hold on your card. Not a charge a hold. Then on check out you square up with them and it's taken off and charges are made. Same for cash.

2. It's lobster season. Lobster served on Saturday nights at all restaurants.

3. We arrived at 1357 on a Friday with a full plane from Delta and another one right behind us. Immigration was about five to ten minutes. We had nothing to declare in customs and it was five to ten minutes. We did not use Club Mobay. Don't be scared of the lines it moves fast.

4. Intralink......we paid through the resort then emailed them directly for flight times. They do have a schedule posted but we were earlier then my reservation said. The gentlemen, Kawayne from them met us at Couples Lounge arranged for us to leave immediately instead of in two hours. We would of been 12 minutes to get to resort but Shane the pilot and his copilot asked if we wanted to do a fly bye of the resort to take pictures of course said yes and it told an extra three minutes.

5. Rewards gift was shirts. Of course they are too small but no big deal. May ask for water bottles....will update you if we do.

6. Construction.......we are in the ocean verandah rooms, building next to Patois. There is construction in the building behind us. They only work from about 9-5. Can't hear noise while in room. We were up moving before they started so no big deal. Updates to bathrooms are nice. Modern sink, rain shower head. They aren't doing just bathrooms they are doing full room. They are sanding and staining bed frames, new mattresses, etc. very nice.

7. Repeaters dinner invite and resort credit were in an envelope that was stapled to the bag with our t shirts in it. Dinner is Monday at Patois.

8. Did reservations for everything on first day. There is planner in your welcome envelope that assists you.

9. Since we were so early room want ready yet. They held our luggage and we got a drink or two and lunch walked around and it was ready.

That's all I can remember.........if you have anymore questions I can help with I will check again in a few days and try to answer them.

Having a great time, staff is excellent and welcoming. Off for lobster and drinks.

Thank you SWJones for taking the time. WE are leaving in just over a week, so Its nice to hear what is going on.

Hi SW how is your view from your verandah? Have you walked down the beach? If so which direction and what did you do/see? How is the weather? Is it crowded? We arrive in 16 days and are unbelievably excited!!! What pointers and tips can you add? Thanks for your wonderful input.... J and N

My question is regarding the Silverbirds steel band. Do they still perform there, and if so, is it on Wednesday or some other night?

SWJones,
    Thanks for the update, especially on the OV rooms. We have one booked and wondered about the construction since it seems to be the "big" talk for CSA. We should be there in 4 days! and our Wedding Consultant was going to try and get us a room that was finished to add to a special time.

Once last question though... I know that there is "No tipping" allowed, but I have read that some people have done gifts? Is this still ok to do and what type of gifts are good for the staff (other than chocolate, doesn't travel well....LOL) ?

Gift are okay if attached with a note. Our first visit I didn't bring anything. This time I brought Hershey chocolate bars and I leave one everyone for housekeeping with a note. I am a quilter and had made a couple small quilts for some our "favorites" from last time, one of them has left. I am giving one to "Momma" that does the Catamaran tour (if you can go do it on Monday or Tuesday she works those days). I will probably leave one for the housekeeping when we leave.

I have read people bring all sorts of things......I really don't know what to suggest. I think the staff appreciate it but what helps them is when you remember their name and write it down at the end of your stay, they get rewards for it.

J and N,

If you go to the message board and look at the thread called "Ocean Verandah?" They have attached a map.....we are in building number 12 second floor. We are next to the koi pond and bridge. We can see the ocean but do not have a direct clear view. The foliage is grown up and is beautiful so it blocks a full view. I don't think there is a room that has a full view. Last time we stayed in garden verandah, had a nice room and it seemed larger then our ocean one. We talked next time we may go back to garden if not beach.

We have not walked down the beach, probably today. Another guest said they walked to the end going towards Patois. She said it was nice to see. If you take the glass bottom boat tour they take you the other direction and show you the resorts along the shore line. It is worth the hour of time.

Tips and pointers......being a couple of suits and coverups, they aren't drying very fast with humidity and wet ones aren't always friendly to put one. Eat everywhere......try it even if you wouldn't at home you maybe surprised, soups especially. Do the catamaran tour, try Monday or Tuesday "Momma" if fun. Do the glass bottom boat, before you do the shopping tour look around the resort especially Wednesdays they have all kinds of vendors come in and set up, if you like crafts make a basket or bracelet. They offer so much to do at the resort for free take advantage of it, snorkling, hobie cat boats, etc. Say thank you the staffs works really hard. It's okay to say ya mon and tell them you respect them. Mostly...........have fun and turn off your cell phone and leave it in the room!!!!!! (Pet peeve of mine, sorry. I only get on here once a day to check on my children and my husband is technically working so he has to check email once a day other then that we don't touch our electronics. People walk around texting etc. You are on vacation, worked hard to pay for it and it's not cheap so enjoy.........sorry rant over!!!!!!)

SWJones, Can you tell me what days they offer the catamaran cruise? This is one of our favorite activities and, unfortunately, our only full days this trip will be a Sunday and Monday (we are doing a split stay this time). Hoping the cruise falls on one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by thomp View Post
    My question is regarding the Silverbirds steel band. Do they still perform there, and if so, is it on Wednesday or some other night?
    We just got back from CN and have to say The Silverbirds were a BIG disappointment. We booked Friday to the following Saturday so we would have 2 Friday nights there which is the night the Silverbirds play. We only went the first Friday night because they have changed their act so dramatically. They now play 2 or 3 songs then spend the rest of their time competing with each other in dance moves. You know flipping, spinning, hand standing and several rotund girls shaking their butt. That is why they have not won an award since 2009. They should go back to what made them famous. Just my thoughts......
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Thank you S&W....You sound like you are having an amazing vacation!. I completely agree with you on the cell phone issue. Ours will be for checking in on family and that is it! I appreciate the tip on swimsuits. I plan on taking 3 but wonder if there are shops nearby that carry swimwear? We would both like to look for a new one while in Negril. I love the view of the OVS.....We requested second floor as well. We are counting down the days....15 more days to go!

John and Nicole, the shops at csa do carry swim suits and just about anything else you would need. There are Many shops down the beach but not sure if they have alot of suits but I think I remember seeing a Jamaican flag bikini.

Hey SWJones we were bldg. 12 mates 4113 bottom floor corner, perfect room less than 100 yards to beach, perfect location to Patios and 5 minute walk to other side of resort. Never heard construction noise as we left the room at 6:30 and never went back until dark.

Quote Originally Posted by SWJones View Post

6. Construction.......we are in the ocean verandah rooms, building next to Patois. There is construction in the building behind us. They only work from about 9-5. Can't hear noise while in room. We were up moving before they started so no big deal. Updates to bathrooms are nice. Modern sink, rain shower head. They aren't doing just bathrooms they are doing full room. They are sanding and staining bed frames, new mattresses, etc. very nice.
    Ouuuuuuuuuuu! That sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see the new digs!

We will be visiting CSA in less than 2 weeks!! One thing I've been wondering....does the resort offer domestic beers??

Crfirsttimer, no

In the past they have always had miller lite in the can.

You won't find much for American domestic beer in Jamaica. You might be able to find a Miller Lite at one of the bars, on occasion. When we were there last, you could get a Heineken at the Martini Bar and a Guiness at the bar over at the sports complex. But that's about it.

You're in Jamaica, drink Red Stripe. Believe me, the "real" Red Stripe brewed in Jamaica tastes better than the stuff you buy in the States (which is not brewed in Jamaica). They also have Red Stripe Light.

Crfirsttimer,

Red stripe is domestic beer-you are in Jamaica. Also, for some reason, it tastes way better in Jamaica-maybe because its fresh and you are on the beach :-) If you mean American beer, I have seen some around in cans, but it isn't everywhere. If you like dark beer, I have occasionally seen Guinness and Jamaica makes a great Dragon beer.

The Red Stripe beer you can get in the states says " Jamaican STYLE beer". I think it's brewed in P.A.

You know, since I have come back from Jamaica (6th trip), the American domestics just don't have the same appeal as they used to. I really like the Red Stripe made in Jamaica.

Is the construction going to be distracting? We are leaving in 4 days and this is a little concerning to me.
    Thank you.

I did not notice the construction at all unless we walked by the building they were working on. Then I would stop and watch them work and wonder what for kind of fits OSHA would have. Enjoyed it.