Default Couples massage on SSB

Just booked a couples massage on SSB. Would appreciate hearing about others who have done this. This is our first trip to SS and our first time to a nude beach. We booked it the morning of our first day as a way to get introduced to the beach and pool.

Can't wait. 35 days.

What a good idea. This (April) will be our 1st AN experience. I'm thinking we'll do the same thing.

I had a massage at SSB a couple of years ago, it was very nice as are all of the massages that I have had at CSS during our 4 trips their. They have a separate hut located under the trees at SSB where they do the massage but as you are nude their there is no screening around the hut and you do not have a sheet draped over you so you are totally exposed to anyone who is on the beach and those who walk by the entrance to the beach. The day I was there it rained lightly during my massage so a few rain drops came through the thatched roof material. I don't think it is very common for them to have massages at SSB as I have never seen anyone else have a massage in the 4 trips that we have been to CSS and we spend most of our time at SSB.
    FONT="Verdana"]David and Jeanette, Nova Scotia[/FONT][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_in_the_sun View Post
    I had a massage at SSB a couple of years ago, it was very nice as are all of the massages that I have had at CSS during our 4 trips their. They have a separate hut located under the trees at SSB where they do the massage but as you are nude their there is no screening around the hut and you do not have a sheet draped over you so you are totally exposed to anyone who is on the beach and those who walk by the entrance to the beach. The day I was there it rained lightly during my massage so a few rain drops came through the thatched roof material. I don't think it is very common for them to have massages at SSB as I have never seen anyone else have a massage in the 4 trips that we have been to CSS and we spend most of our time at SSB.
    Thanks for your recap of your experience. I was expecting to be draped out of respect to the staff. This may be a little more adventurous than i had envisioned.

We had one a couple of years ago on SSB and loved it. We couldn't last year because the hut was not repaired after the storm a few months earlier with all the other damage they had to clean up. I think you will enjoy it.
    Linda

I had one last May and the lady asked me if I wanted to be covered or not. It is an option. I laughed because after spending all day nekkid I figured why cover up now? However, the massage was at 6pm so the textile peeps were coming over, only that was a little wierd.

My wife and I often give each other massages at home. Does anyone know if it is allowed for the guests to use the massage hut for mutual massages? No funny stuff, just a deep tissue massage. Would management, or the other guests, on SSB think this is inappropriate, or creepy, behavior? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share on this subject?

My bet. You will love SSB, the resort and a couples massage in one of the huts with nothing more than the sound of the water is a perfect start of finish to any day. It may take you all of 20 seconds to relax on SSB - it's friendly and very comfortable. Just wish the water was better for swimming - but the pool is right there. One hint - try Bella Vista for lunch at least once.

I've never seen anyone get a massage on SSB in my 5 trips there, except for me. On my last two visits I have gotten massages on SSB. It's very convenient to be able to get a massage there without having to walk across the entire property to the spa.

The first time I was uncovered, but the second time the therapist covered me. The feeling of the warm ocean breeze on my skin and not having my sweaty, oily skin stick to the sheet during my uncovered time felt great. Not being covered also allows the therapist to do full body strokes from your feet all the way up to your shoulders, which was a very unique feeling because that can never happen when you get massages in the US because you're always so covered up.

The second time the therapist covered me after I laid down on the table without asking if I wanted to be covered or not. I almost asked if I could be uncovered, but didn't because I felt weird basically asking "Can I be naked?" It was still a good massage, but it was a little disappointing though since the things I mentioned above are part of the novelty of having a massage on SSB verses the spa. Plus it got really warm under the sheet.

I agree as has said before on here that the therapist's comfort is important, that's why I didn't ask for the sheet to be removed on my latest trip. Based on my experience and what other people wrote above there are several therapists at the spa that don't appear to have a problem with giving undraped massages, so they should be the only ones that are sent over to SSB when someone schedules a session there. They can bring along a sheet so that we can choose if we want to be covered or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbommp View Post
    Just booked a couples massage on SSB. Would appreciate hearing about others who have done this. This is our first trip to SS and our first time to a nude beach. We booked it the morning of our first day as a way to get introduced to the beach and pool.

"Can't wait. 35 days.
    My wife and had the couples massage last time at Sans Souci. Hope you enjoy it. Don't worry about the fist time at a nude beach thing. Last ear was our first time also. It was without a doubt the best beach holiday experience ever. All the pretence goes with the clothes and you'll find the whole experience very liberating. Head for the AN beach and enjoy. Before the first hour is up you'll be very comfortable. It's not a competition like the textile side. We'll be there in 2 weeks and can't wait. As soon as we hit reception and check in we're grabbing beach towels and heading for the beach even if our room isn't ready. Relax and enjoy."

We will definitely post our experience for others. 22 sleeps until we arrive! can't wait

I had one yesterday by Mitzi at 4pm. It was sheer heaven. She asked me if I wanted to be covered, I said nope. She and I have another 4pm appointment Thursday on the beach!

Any chance they would ask about not being covered at the spa area? Sometimes the sheet/blanket is too warm and "heavy" feeling. We go nude at the beach so I'd be fine with it, but would feel awkward asking the spa attendant about it. They stop by to sell massages at the beach though so its not like they haven't already seen all I've got. You see pictures of people with just a small towel over their butt. This would even be better, but I've always had them use a full sheet or blanket. Also wondered if it would be different for my husband. Obviously even more awkward for him to ask. Maybe the moderator could get some spa feedback for us.

Just a warning... We did a trading spaces day to SSB from CTI and thought it would be fun to get a massage au naturel. When we arrived at San souci we expected we could book the massages and charge it to our room. Apparently this does not work between resorts. The lesson we learned is if you want to get the massage at SSB and your over on a trading spaces day, bring your credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsiemens View Post
    Just a warning... We did a trading spaces day to SSB from CTI and thought it would be fun to get a massage au naturel. When we arrived at San souci we expected we could book the massages and charge it to our room. Apparently this does not work between resorts. The lesson we learned is if you want to get the massage at SSB and your over on a trading spaces day, bring your credit card.
    Hi kcsiemens, normally on a trading places day you aren't allowed to sign up for services that require a room number to make a reservation. I think you were lucky to receive your massage. If you aren't a guest of that resort, even on trading places you can't use those services.....one love

My wife and I have had massages on SSB every time we've been there. The therapists actually came down to the pool and booked them - while we were nude in the water! They didn't seem to mind and as far as I remember we were not draped with one exception - on our last trip it was raining and my wife was cold - she asked to be draped and was. I was not. It was absolutely incredible every time!

We just returned today and I wanted to share that the couples massage that we scheduled on SSB on the first day of our stay was fantastic and it was exactly what we needed after the 14 hours of travel that we experienced to get to the resort Kenneth and Simone did a great job.

It was also a great way for us to get introduced to SSB as this was our first au natural experience. We ended up spending every day at SSB.

I would highly recommend SSB as a location for the massage and suggest scheduling it as early in the week as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnsue View Post
    My wife and I often give each other massages at home. Does anyone know if it is allowed for the guests to use the massage hut for mutual massages? No funny stuff, just a deep tissue massage. Would management, or the other guests, on SSB think this is inappropriate, or creepy, behavior? Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share on this subject?
    Since the NO PDA rule I don't think this would be a wise idea. Also the hut does not have massage tables stationed there. They bring them down for appointments. It is not unusual for some AN guests to use the massage hut for shade if the beach and pool are full. They have to move, of course, if a massage is scheduled. As to having a cover, it is most definitely your choice. The therapist have seen it all and don't care.

I have heard that you can (and I've heard that you cannot) book a massage before you arrive at your resort. Although it seems clear that the original poster booked a massage at SSB/CSS at least 35 days before their trip.

Soooo ... contrary to some other threads it is possible to book massages in advance of the trip?

Also, I have only seen a discussion of "Couples Massages" down on SSB. Can you also book a solo massage to be done down on SSB? I don't really want one and would be perfectly happy to hang out and read or doze on our beach chairs on SSB while my wife gets a massage at the hut on SSB. Is that doable too?

Should she request anyone in particular for the massage? She generally prefers a male therapist, but it's not mandatory.

Thanks for clarification on these things!

a lady had a (naked) massage on her own the other day on the beach whilst her husband was by the pool - she said she had to pay 15 USD on top of the normal cost of the massage if they have to come to the beach to do it. Also the massage people come to the an pool everyday trying to get business so if you can't be bothered to go to the spa to book you don't have too

rhallva, I've heard that Kenneth is excellent and your wife should enjoy her massage. If you find out how to book a massage prior to checkin please post! Enjoy your trip!
    Last edited by suzyQ; March 29th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbommp View Post

Can't wait. 35 days.
    How did you book your massage prior to checkin?????

I had Mitzi for both SSB massages in December and will request her again. However, I thought it interesting to mention, the massage therapists have the same training. If I didn't know who was doing it I couldn't tell them apart.