Hybrid View

Default CN Renovations Update

We are returning to CN in January and planning to stay in Building 6. Any new updates on bathroom renovations? Last I heard they were working on 1 & 2 and planned to be finished with everything by years end but can't find any new updates. Sent a message to CN but they have not responded. Thanks!

I am also courious about the renovations. We will be there this Saturday 11/30 for a week.

Elvistcb
    I will try and give you an update and include a few pics if I can during our stay.

Pics Would Be Great! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elvistcb View Post
    Pics Would Be Great! Thanks
    I am at CN now in renoed room. Building 2 is almost done. Pics of washroom:

Pic 1: http://i.imgur.com/cLJ3eBD.jpg

pic2: http://i.imgur.com/AQGRvRH.jpg

pic 3:

http://i.imgur.com/8NyP7Ym.jpg

pic 4:

http://i.imgur.com/p0ETIAM.jpg

pic 5:

http://i.imgur.com/LuNLRQY.jpg

That would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!!

I was just there and do not think Building 6 will be done by then as high season is starting.

Just received this reply to my message to CN customer service. Sounds like GREAT news!!

"We are on the final lap of the renovations and the few rooms that are left will be completed by the end of this week. We are looking forward to a fantastic season hosting our wonderful clients."

Does it flood the bathroom while showering like some people have posted????
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    Does it flood the bathroom while showering like some people have posted????
    It does not! One of the things I looked for!

Water will splatter over the grate but the main bath water goes into it. Basically your floor will get wet but not flooded.

To echo what bamelin said, we had one of the new bathrooms last week and it was great. The shower heads are rain-type that are mounted on the ceiling and point straight down. Some spray hits the bath mat, but you would basically have to purposely work at getting the floor flooded, so I have no idea what the others are talking about. It was the first thing we looked at in our room. We saw it firsthand, and I can assure you this is not an issue.

We were in Building 1, and Building 2 was still being worked on. The construction was another non-issue. You could stay in 1 or 3 and not even notice, if you didn't see the workers every once in a while.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

Thanks bamelin for the update ... Have a requested a room in building 1 or 2 for our soon to come trip & have been curious.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    Thanks bamelin for the update ... Have a requested a room in building 1 or 2 for our soon to come trip & have been curious.
    Oh one quick note about the renoed washrooms, I spoke too soon ... We had a flood today. Water wasn't draining through the grate and started going into the main washroom part. I put towels down to block it.

My wife has long hair and sheds, and I think what's happening is that the drain in the grate is getting clogged over long periods of use. Maybe they remove the grate and can clean inside after each guests use?

We still love the washroom design but wanted to let you all know the reports of flooding are true.

Thanks dank120 ..... We're under 3 weeks to arrival (WOO HOO) ..... Hoping for one of the reno'd rooms because I HATE those old nasty bathtubs so a fresh clean shower will be amazing!!!!
    Julie

Looks nice and thanks so much for the photos. Still confused if the renovations are confined currently to buildings 1 and 2 only. According to the message they sent me back, all of the rooms would be completed by weeks end. Guess we'll see in about 6 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by elvistcb View Post
    Looks nice and thanks so much for the photos. Still confused if the renovations are confined currently to buildings 1 and 2 only. According to the message they sent me back, all of the rooms would be completed by weeks end. Guess we'll see in about 6 weeks!
    Renovations are currently being done in Building 2 only. Building 1 is complete. It appears that 2 will be ready when you arrive. It's not a total makeover. They put new tile and showers in the bathrooms and replaced the A/C units. It's not like they're gutting the whole rooms.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

I just got back from CN. The workers in building 2 are working on the last floor and said it should be done within the next week.

I stayed in Building 1 and loved the walk in shower .... but I will say floods are a problem. We had no issue for 7 days, but day 8, 9 and 10 I got constant floods over the drain grill. My theory is that if the drain grill is not cleaned of hair and guck, it clogs causing the floods.

Any construction at CN now? If yes, which buildings or if starting soon can CN management share which building are next and when to start?