Thread: School Supplies

Default School Supplies

My girlfriend and I have put together 13 backpacks with school supplies. I'm looking for suggestions on how is the best way to give them out. I don't want to going to a school because I was raised if you don't have enough for everyone than don't bring anything. I know supplies are badly needed in Jamaica. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This looks awesome!!! You could hand them out to staff or vendors; I always try to find out if they have children at home, their gender and ages and then return with something appropriate.

We got supply also. I left a reply on an older thread, but got no response. We're just gonna turn them in at the desk
    Ed & Margo

CTI Dec 2009
    CTI Dec 2013
    Roll Tide!!!

ya mon if you are going to negril you could give them to st. anthonys soup kitchen in negril, it is sponsored by the catholic church there, they feed the needy children and people of negril, they serve on the average of 150 people a day, jan and i were there last week and visited them, they have a little shop for donations to go where they give these things where needed, you can go thru shelly ann at couples swept away and she could make the arrangements bless mon,,,wayne

There are some smaller schools. Otherwise, these would make great gifts for staff's children as mentioned above. Not everyone has children though. On our last visit, our primary housekeeper didn't have children, but she did have a niece and nephew who appreciated the supplies we brought.

Great looking picture!!! Roan whom works at Feathers as a chef (cook) has a little guy. And Mark in watersports donates time at a shelter for children. Both of them would be most appreciative!!! I am referring to CSA employess.

If you hirer a driver for the day, I would give them to him. Thats what we always do. One year we went to P.A. and the driver gave our donations to his church. They were over joyed as that part of the Island seldom sees donation and there are many poor.

We did the same thing at CSA in august with the supplies. We gave the supplies out to some of our favorites at the resort (bartenders, sport guys, housekeepers etc) and they really did appreciate it. It is kind of hard to figure out who to give them to but they all need the supplies. Make sue you enclose a list of supplies and who it's for and from. Good choice of supplies, looks just like what we gave out.

You can leave them at the front desk, and they will distribute them to the schools for the Issa Foundation. I have brought just supplies and have done that. I let them know what I want done with them.
    Linda

We are staying at CSS. Thank you for the inputs. We included a tooth brush after seeing some little girls in Jamaica buying candy at a store and one little girl didn't have any money. I gave her a few dollars and instead of buying candy like her friends she purchased a toothbrush with the money. It touched me. If anyone was wondering the backpacks as shown cost only $13.50 each to make up thanks to Wal-Mart back to school sales.

It's great to hear all these suggestions. Thanks all!!!!
    Ed & Margo

CTI Dec 2009
    CTI Dec 2013
    Roll Tide!!!