Default CSS SSB Pool Volleyball

Just wanted to pick up on this topic which has got some views at the end of the thread on "CSS SSB The finished Product".

What do people think of the suitability and safety of the re vamped pool for playing pool volleyball?

Personally we prefer to relax by the pool enjoying the peace and calm or relaxing on a float in the water. We do however sympathise with those who want a bit of activity and hope there is a compromise in that if it is played it is perhaps done at a certain time of the day.

Back in under 4 weeks and counting the days!

It's nowhere near big enough to have a game without taking over the whole pool.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and a group played every afternoon. Most of the people not playing weren't bothered. The game lasted about 30-45 minutes at most and everyone was having fun. I only played the first day and watched the rest. No problem. People were still relaxing and reading pool side. It was a nice group of folks hanging out and enjoying.
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!

Additionally, a rogue smash headed beachward could knock out the bartending staff and spill the rum and that wouldn't be good. Agreed - probably not recommended.

We have not been to SSB since the remodel. Prior to the remodel the first year we were there we played volleyball in the deep end and had a great time. The following year we were told that it was no longer allowed because it disturbed other guest. We never pushed the subject as we didn't want to upset anyone. Now with out the grotto I assume there would be plenty of space but you still have other guest to be concerned with.

We were there the first week and July and we have quite a group join in playing water volleyball. It didn't seem to bother those around the pool area.

But I can see the other side of it too. I guess we should be gracious enough to ask those that aren't playing if it would bother them.

It all comes down to RESPECT MON. I have to say I'll try to be a little more mindful of others there next time !!!
    Allan and Angie

Default Didn't bother us much, buuuuuut we got out of the pool during the game

We too were there a few weeks ago. Yes a couple asked about getting a game up (and 3 couples participated). We sometimes play on the main beach/pool but we feel Sunset Beach pool is different and a bit small. As far as bothering those around the pool I'd have to agree, those not in the water weren't bothered. But the couples who had been at the pool bar vacated after a few sets. Actually the pool is to small for volleyball and a swim-up bar together.

Quote Originally Posted by angels_allan View Post
    We were there the first week and July and we have quite a group join in playing water volleyball. It didn't seem to bother those around the pool area.

But I can see the other side of it too. I guess we should be gracious enough to ask those that aren't playing if it would bother them.

It all comes down to RESPECT MON. I have to say I'll try to be a little more mindful of others there next time !!!

It would be nice if SSB had a portable volleyball net that could be set up somewhere on the sand or down on the beach. I'm thinking people might want to play a game of nude beach volleyball. Any thoughts on whether there would be good participation?

Could be fun... I know the bocce ball is a lot of fun. However, could be a lot more jiggling parts during volleyball... LOL!