Thread: Cigarettes

Default Cigarettes

10 more days !!
    Is it best to being your own or get cigarettes there, We are from Michigan 10- days more...................

bring your own. you can bring 1 carton per person. cigarettes in Jamaica are different than those from home. They are manufactured in different countries. Buying them at the resort can be expensive as well.
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

You will save money by bringing your own...I believe you can also purchase them in the duty-free arrival area.

Unless you want to pay 9 dollars or more per pack.

Quote Originally Posted by UticaCarol View Post
    10 more days !!
    Is it best to being your own or get cigarettes there, We are from Michigan 10- days more...................
    We're from Michigan as well, two weeks from today...we'll be enjoying the beach, sun and a drink or three....

Does anybody know if you can purchase cigarettes in the duty free ????

Does anybody know if you can purchase cigarettes in the duty free ????
    $70 for 2 cartons in duty free at your home airport

Yes you can
    Irie Mon

10 more days !!
    Just remember no smoking anywhere indoors or under cover ie bars, or inside your rooms. As an avid non-smoker/highly allergic, I say leave them at home!

10 more days !!
    I bought at the duty free in Montego Bay. You can purchase from duty free there while leaving the airport. The cost is 56 dollars for 2 cartons of Marlboro Gold. These are the Caribbean version of zMarlbori Lights and taste basically the same.

As one carton in Toronto of my regular brand would be 68 dollars at Pearson, I jumped at the opportunity in Jamaica. At Couples Negril cigs cost 8.50 a pack.

How about cigar availability at CSS... is there anything good available and are they more expensive than buying them at home (home for me is Canada)? Don't smoke em' all the time but nothing beats a day at the beach with my wife, a cold Red Stripe, and a good cigar!

I would NEVER think of invading anyone's space by my poor habit of smoking !!! Just wondering where and how much .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Just remember no smoking anywhere indoors or under cover ie bars, or inside your rooms. As an avid non-smoker/highly allergic, I say leave them at home!

Amen to that!!!

I would NEVER think of invading anyone's space by my poor habit of smoking !!! Just wondering where and how much .
    Hi Utica- A poster here wrote a great point about smokers and non-smokers. Something to the effect of "I'll respect not to smoke where it's not allowed and away from other folks....at the same time, when I purposely move away to enjoy a smoke, don't come sit near me and then complain about the smoking". Smoking has been banned in most of the places on the resort to protect non-smokers(bars, under cover areas, restaurants, rooms). However, there are still a few places a smoker can light up if they want to enjoy a cigar or cigarette and folks should recognize that fact...

Agree wholeheartedly, Butterfly! If the smokers are there, don't sit down and complain about the smoke. Does this mean people who are non-smokers can complain when a smoker comes and sits by them? Age-old battle. Thank you for being one of the considerate ones!!

There were plenty of places to smoke, and plenty of smokers. No smoking in restaurants or indoors, but otherwise not terribly strict. I was having an upper respiratory infection our entire trip and wasn't bothered by it at all.

we were at CTI the last week of Sept, not that many smokers but they were smoking on the beach and in the pool where the swim up bar is located.

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    we were at CTI the last week of Sept, not that many smokers but they were smoking on the beach and in the pool where the swim up bar is located.
    Yeah- alchohol plus swim up bar, is a trigger for me to get the urge to light one up...I don't smoke otherwise- but it is so hard to resist when you drink and swim, at least for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly, Butterfly! If the smokers are there, don't sit down and complain about the smoke. Does this mean people who are non-smokers can complain when a smoker comes and sits by them? Age-old battle. Thank you for being one of the considerate ones!!
    Yes Suzi

Geez, all they asked was about buying smokes and it turns into something more. This board isn't as fun as it use to be.
    One Love,
    Mya

Myapapaya... Does this mean I shouldn't ask what kind of cocktail people like to drink when they smoke, or if it varies if they smoke a cigarette instead of a cigar? part of the amusement on these boards for me is watching how far people stray off-topic.. But my favorites are the ones who start a new thread that's already been posted dozens of times before.

Oh hell. I've strayed off topic....

If a thread subject has been posted before and you know this already, don't take the time to respond, just move on.....Being a newcomer here, I did a search before I asked a question while back and the searches that came up were from 2009-2011. Things change over the years and may not be current or up to date facts.

I can remember asking a question about shoes at the resort on this forum and someone replied, "I can't believe this is a serious question". Really? Why? Some folks have foot issues, like bone spurs(moi)....and perhaps other folks here have some good footwear suggestions...Oh hec, now I just went off topic. LOL...

The reason I come on these boards, is too enjoy the answers of questions asked. It's fun to pass the time away til my trip in Feb. My problem is, people reminding the people who write the posts of the rules and not just answering the questions. If I were new to the board and saw some of the answers given, I would be a little intimidated to ask a question.
    One Love,
    Mya

Iron Butterfly, we are a lot alike! Bone spurs and delicate tummies! Crap. I'm off topic again!