Default Not the typical Club MoBay question..

I feel like I've done my research, tracked flights and all for the day of the week we are coming in. Finally decided that since we will be leaving Seattle the night before, we'd really like to skip the customs line. So, I booked Club MoBay and am looking forward to it!!

My question is this: We are landing at 1050 am, and of course will use Club MoBay. We would like to wait for my sister and brother in law who are landing at 1240, also booked Club MoBay, before catching the shuttle to the resort. Would it be a big deal to hang out in the Club MoBay lounge, change clothes, get freshened up, and wait for them before checking in at the Couples Lounge? Anybody ever done this? Thanks for all your help!

I would think the Couples lounge will be expecting you to arrive on your set flight. I would probably say to check into the Couples lounge so they know where you are, and explain the waiting situation. I don't think catching a latter shuttle would be a big deal at all. Once they know where you are, you should be able to wait wherever you want.

Last year we had friends that waited in the Couples lounge for our flight, which arrived an hour or so after theirs. They said the only problem was battling the urge to get on the shuttles as they waited for us. They surprised us by being there and it was a great way to start our vacations.
    No problem mon!
    Have a great trip!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

We used the arrival service of Club Mobay last November. The lounge is right beside the couples lounge. They will offer you a rum punch and have snacks (that honestly I would not trust to eat). We had a couple of rum punches , but the lounge is very small and after a while we felt out of place just sitting there by ourselves. We moved over to the Couples lounge and waited for our shuttle there. It was much livelier there, and more people to talk too.

Thanks all! I think we will just wait in the couples lounge Can't wait!

Every man for themselves. Get on a bus and go to the resort.

But, if you do the kindly thing then I would blow off your Club Mobay arrival and just wait in the Couples lounge. No need to rush through imm/customs. No money spent and free beer.

As greyturtless said... they literally take up the same corner, with your waiting luggage separating the two entrances. The Club MoBay arrivals lounge is nothing like their departing lounge (with respect to size an ammenities). Not sure why you would need to bypass customs/immigration if you're waiting for your friends anyways, but if you've already bought, and with the given proximity, you can almost be at both lounges at once... i.e. - grab a rum punch and bag of plantain chips at Club MoBay... go and chat with fellow Couples guests at their lounge ... lather, rinse, repeat

You can't bypass customs or immigration. If you use ClubMoBay, they have an "express" line through immigration & customs. Why spend the money if you're going to wait for friends??

We will have left home about 24 hours before that, and I'm sure will be very tired. I don't want to risk waiting in line, to us it's worth the money to bypass the lines even though we have to wait.

After reading quite a bit more about the Couples Lounge, my next question is this: Since we will be waiting, should we hang on to our luggage until our other couple arrives?

glackledge,

Which resort are you going to and when? We also will have that overnight flight thing - coming from Spokane. We have also booked Club Mobay - like you, thought it would be worth it after traveling over night. Sounds like we will be hopping back and forth from each lounge!! LOL

We will be flying out of Seattle November 18 and staying at CN thru the 26th. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by gblackledge View Post
    I feel like I've done my research, tracked flights and all for the day of the week we are coming in. Finally decided that since we will be leaving Seattle the night before, we'd really like to skip the customs line. So, I booked Club MoBay and am looking forward to it!!

My question is this: We are landing at 1050 am, and of course will use Club MoBay. We would like to wait for my sister and brother in law who are landing at 1240, also booked Club MoBay, before catching the shuttle to the resort. Would it be a big deal to hang out in the Club MoBay lounge, change clothes, get freshened up, and wait for them before checking in at the Couples Lounge? Anybody ever done this? Thanks for all your help!
    Landing at 10:50 on a Friday morning... the customs hall will be almost emoty. If you are waiting for your firends anyway, why waste the money on paying for MoBay??? See if you can cancel, and spend the money on a massage, private dinner, dinner off the resort, gift shop....

Just a thought for you based on our experience...on one of our trips to CSA, we travelled with friends whose flight was supposed to arrive within 15 minutes of ours. We were 30 minutes early. They were 90 minutes late. Their bags also took forever. The guys in the Couples lounge convinced us to get on the first shuttle and we were so glad we did. So much better to have 3 hours on the beach waiting for our friends than 3 hours in an indoor lounge in beautiful Jamaica. We spent a great week with them after. No need to stay stuck indoors when anything can happen with flights.

If you do choose to wait for your friends, I'm sure the Couples' staff in the lounge will make sure your luggage travels on the same shuttle as you and your friends! Have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Landing at 10:50 on a Friday morning... the customs hall will be almost emoty. If you are waiting for your firends anyway, why waste the money on paying for MoBay??? See if you can cancel, and spend the money on a massage, private dinner, dinner off the resort, gift shop....
    It'll actually be a Wednesday morning, and like I said before my husband and I will have left our home over 24 hours before we land. It's worth the $$ to us not to have to stand in any sort of line when we will likely be exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Just a thought for you based on our experience...on one of our trips to CSA, we travelled with friends whose flight was supposed to arrive within 15 minutes of ours. We were 30 minutes early. They were 90 minutes late. Their bags also took forever. The guys in the Couples lounge convinced us to get on the first shuttle and we were so glad we did. So much better to have 3 hours on the beach waiting for our friends than 3 hours in an indoor lounge in beautiful Jamaica. We spent a great week with them after. No need to stay stuck indoors when anything can happen with flights.
    That's a great point! We will keep that in mind for sure! The people we are meeting tho are my sister and her husband...we live across the country from eachother and I haven't seen her in a very long time Almost as excited to see her as I am for a week in paradise if you could imagine!

gblackledge! Enjoy your time in paradise with your spouse/significant other and your sister and her hubby!:-) I hope the flights align and you get to see one another as soon as you can!:-)

I think it is a wonderful idea. The couches at Clun MoBay are way comfier than Couples. They will wait on you hand and foot bringing you drinks and snacks. After 24 hours traveling it will be a welcome retreat. Relax and enjoy the company of your Club MoBay representative. I think you made the right decision.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    gblackledge! Enjoy your time in paradise with your spouse/significant other and your sister and her hubby!:-) I hope the flights align and you get to see one another as soon as you can!:-)
    Thank you suzyQ! We are very excited!

You don't need to decide between the Couples Lounge and the Club MoBay Lounge. They are right next to each other and you are free to move between them at will. Your luggage will be right there between the two, so just keep you eye on it. When it is time to go to your bus, they ask you which bags are yours, so they won't get loaded on a bus without you. By the way, the sandwiches at the Club MoBay Lounge are fine to eat and delicious after a long day of traveling with little food.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015