Default Crocodile at CN beach!

So, did anyone else witness this on Monday morning?

We had just walked out to the dive boat on Monday, Nov. 25th, when all of a sudden, there was a big commotion in front of the Riu. A croc had washed out of the river, just north of CN, and was lost so he just traveled down the coast of Bloody Bay. By the time he got to Riu, people had started to notice, and after about 10 minutes, they were able to wrangle him up on the beach at CN by Watersports, and they took him out of there. He was about five-feet long, and it was a very cool experience. I'll post a link to the video, once I get it zoomed in, but a lot of folks did take pics. Never seen that before! Poor guy wasn't made for salt water!
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

Here's the only croc we've ever seen on the beach!

Name:  Croc-for-web.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  222.0 KB
    Beergirl

www.kenandbrenda.shutterfly.com for my Couples videos

Quote Originally Posted by Beergirl View Post
    Here's the only croc we've ever seen on the beach!

Name:  Croc-for-web.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  222.0 KB
    Haha. Awesome. No, this was a real 5' croc. There was some heavy rain for a couple hours one or two days, and they said he washed out of the river. The CN Watersports team provided two of the four guys that wrangled him in. It was quite the sight.

I think the closest river to the north is probably the Orange River which empties a good ways north all the way around the point north of Riu Negril and the Little Bay Country Club community. That is a LONG way for a croc to go. If he was not noticed until he got to the Riu Tropical Bay he must have made his way through Little Bay Country Club, Riu Negril, the beach of SATP, past both of the Offices of Nature, and onto the RTB property. If he got that far without being noticed he was in stealth mode for sure!

I was at CN when the croc showed up but I missed it. One of the staff showed me a pic ... it was a baby croc. With that said, baby croc's are still pretty big!

From my understanding this sort of thing is VERY rare to happen.

I'd love to see the video of this fella. Please post when you can!
    Beergirl

rhallva, it's actually a very reasonable distance. One of our favorite dive sites is The Bridge, which is at the mouth of the river. If you saw him going, he was flying. Easily could have taken him maybe 30 minutes to go about two miles along the coast.

Beergirl, my camera shoots very wide angles and I tried to zoom it in, but it's hard to see the actual croc. You can just see the "cowboys" trying to corral it. We were about 50 yards out on the dive boat. I'll post the link once I get done trying to clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    Poor guy wasn't made for salt water!
    Actually there are saltwater crocodiles...they generally prefer to hang out in the mangroves, swamps, lagoons and such areas of shallow water. But yeah, they are meant for salt water.

Beergirl Great picture! Are you going this year? I will be watching where I step after reading this post.

Hi Lisa,
    Sorry - just saw your post. We decided early on to skip a year, and are we sad as we sit in the ccccold! Already making plans for next December. See you there!
    Beergirl