Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CSA Remodel Photos

Okay...I think it's been long enough now :-). I've seen many requests for photos of a remodeled room or bathroom at CSA, but I haven't seen a single photo. I apologize if I've missed them. Come on, Couples, don't leave us in the dark. Who knows, maybe we're waiting to book until we see the photos (not really, but let's just pretend that we are). There must be at least one room that is complete by now. Please post some photos for your loyal and curious repeat guests!

Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Okay...I think it's been long enough now :-). I've seen many requests for photos of a remodeled room or bathroom at CSA, but I haven't seen a single photo. I apologize if I've missed them. Come on, Couples, don't leave us in the dark. Who knows, maybe we're waiting to book until we see the photos (not really, but let's just pretend that we are). There must be at least one room that is complete by now. Please post some photos for your loyal and curious repeat guests!
    Being first timers- come December we are most curious of the rooms....so second the request....

We will be there the end of January. I suppose we could wait, but it would be nice to view a couple pics before......just to heighten the anticipation

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    We will be there the end of January. I suppose we could wait, but it would be nice to view a couple pics before......just to heighten the anticipation
    Bump

(Really? No photos yet of CSA renos?)

I will take a few pics and post them tomorrow when the water level recedes from the bathroom floor. Someone is going to fall in the middle of the night and get seriously hurt with the way these bathrooms were designed.

The bathrooms in the Ocean Verandah suites need the glass in the shower to come out another foot or two to keep the water from flowing out to the middle of the floor and to the bedroom. We had to take our beach towels in every night to use as floor mats. Bad design IMHO.

Where are the pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    I will take a few pics and post them tomorrow when the water level recedes from the bathroom floor. Someone is going to fall in the middle of the night and get seriously hurt with the way these bathrooms were designed.

Where are the pics?
    Sorry about that, I forgot to actually take pics. When I looked through my camera, I realized there were no room pics. Anyway, the bathrooms are redone, all tile now. No bathtubs, just a walk in shower with a small glass "door." They were really nice until someone showered and then it got bad. I would say the bathrooms went from an afterthought to a huge negative. I was so sick of walking through an inch of water to use the toilet by the end of the trip. I would spend 10 min after every shower trying to push water down the drain so it would dry before the next day. Cool rooms, horrible horrible implementation. The crazy thing is I heard at least 10 other people talking about the same issue. So it is not like this was unique to our room, they are all poorly designed. You would have thought they would have tried out one bathroom before ok'ing the next construction project.

That may present a real problem for those of us who need to use the blow dryer!!!!!! Water and Electricity??? Can you say ZAP????? Just sayin...Hope it's fixed before I get there!!!

Oh my ! Thanks for replying........guess we will have time to prepare ourselves for bathroom water duty in January

IA Couple,

Since you don't have pics of the new CSA bathrooms, can you confirm if they look similar to the photos in this thread of the CN renovations?

http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...81/#post231767

I'm curious if the glass *door* and the drain look to be the same. I think pic 1 and pic 2 show those features.

Many thanks…Hubby and I are trying to come up with something prior to arrival that might help alleviate the potential problem in our OVS.

We were there October 23-29 but not in a remodeled room yet. Our nephew and his wife were in a remodeled room, whichever category is closest to the road, and they had the issue with water on the floor after a shower. They had to have housekeeping bring them extra towels each day so they could keep the water at bay. Couples is aware of the issue, and told them that, but don't know what the fix will be. I know someone on here posted that it seemed like theirs worked ok, until after 3 or 4 days, it got clogged with hair and then it would start overflowing. The new showers look nice, but I think their engineer or contractor messed up. Feel bad for Couples as they were trying to make something nicer, and ended up with a problem. Will not keep us from coming back, but will have to watch with the electricity. I'm sure they will address it and get it resolved.

We had a garden verandah suite on the older side and had no issues...we did not have a glass door either...just the standard curtain

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    Sorry about that, I forgot to actually take pics. When I looked through my camera, I realized there were no room pics. Anyway, the bathrooms are redone, all tile now. No bathtubs, just a walk in shower with a small glass "door." They were really nice until someone showered and then it got bad. I would say the bathrooms went from an afterthought to a huge negative. I was so sick of walking through an inch of water to use the toilet by the end of the trip. I would spend 10 min after every shower trying to push water down the drain so it would dry before the next day. Cool rooms, horrible horrible implementation. The crazy thing is I heard at least 10 other people talking about the same issue. So it is not like this was unique to our room, they are all poorly designed. You would have thought they would have tried out one bathroom before ok'ing the next construction project.
    Yikes. I do hope they remedy this before our next visit.

I'm with Ltg24014...we just got back yesterday from CSA and stayed in a GVS on the old side of the resort near the Palms. The old bathrooms, but still great. No door, just the floor length curtain and my husband and I liked it so much that we have revamped a remodel we had planned in our master bathroom at home for later this year to be designed just like it. I can't speak for the remodeled bathrooms at CSA but the old ones seem to work just fine!

Here are some quick photos of a newly renovated bathroom in an ocean verandah suite at CSA. We haven't used the shower yet as we just got here. I'll let everyone know what our experience is. I hope we don't have any issues. Name:  IMG_1231.jpg
Views: 1947
Size:  258.6 KBName:  IMG_1234.jpg
Views: 1943
Size:  274.4 KBName:  IMG_1233.jpg
Views: 1945
Size:  273.4 KBName:  IMG_1232.jpg
Views: 1944
Size:  273.8 KB

Happy to say that after our first round of showers other than the spray from the shower head and the glass not extending far enough we had no issues with water on the bathroom floor. The regular shower mat they provide was plenty to keep any water that might have gone over the drain in check.

Looks great! Is the lighting any better??? That was also a concern! So...no one got electrocuted when using the hair dryer? Even better news! LOL...can't wait to try out the new bathrooms in August. Any other changes to the rooms? Thanks for posting the picture!

Thanks for the pics. Is there only the stationary door? Is there not another glass door to enclose the shower or is that all open? Where did you position your bath mat in the shower to keep the water from coming out. Thanks again for taking the time to post pics, and let us know if anything changes during your stay in using the shower.

The lighting is not any better unfortunately. I was also disappointed they didn't take the opportunity to provide some storage in the bathroom below the sink. Neither of those are deal breakers for me and we're still happy with our decision to already book for 2014.

There is just the one piece of glass that you see as an enclosure. It is completely open otherwise. I positioned the shower mat/towel thingy to lie right next to the drain. The mat did get wet but not completely. We also positioned the shower head at a slight angle facing away from the glass partition and we think that helped some with the spray.

There are new cushions on the verandahs and new lampshades

Our friends are in a newly renovated GVS (bldg 8) and they did have water extend out of the bathroom last night but it was directable with towels and drained quickly after they corralled the water. They are going to try repositioning the shower head and see if that helps any.

Thanks for the information. Too bad they didn't upgrade the lighting. Nice to hear they replaced the verandah cushions and lampshades.......last year one of ours was a bit wobbly. Enjoy the rest of your stay and we will look forward to all of it end of Jan.

Those pictures are exact. We just got back from CSA and stayed in Ocean Verandah room...we placed the thick bath mat near the drain and it worked well. The lighting is ok. One thing we had to do was put our coffee maker in the bathroom because the cord was short and that was the only place it would fit.

I had an issue with the bed lamps. I had to literally lean off side of bed and tilt my head to find the light chain to turn it off. The lamps need to be taller or need a button at base of lamp to turn off and on....

The other issue is where they put the toilet paper hanger...very inconvenient, it's tight to the wall and where you sit, and the roll kept falling off the hanger. We just ended up putting on the toilet tank....had to rescue hubby one time as the roll of paper dropped and rolled out near the door....
    Last edited by Ironbutterfly; December 20th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks for the pics. Is there only the stationary door? Is there not another glass door to enclose the shower or is that all open? Where did you position your bath mat in the shower to keep the water from coming out. Thanks again for taking the time to post pics, and let us know if anything changes during your stay in using the shower.
    It's a stationary glass and not wide enough...no other door...very open. Place the heavy bath mat near the silver water drain you see in the picture and that helps.

FYI, we are staying in the BFVS rooms and they still have tubs. Look to be cleaned up a bit but still no reno's done in these. Hoping that they decide to keep the tub concept here, but do a reno in regards to the bathrooms in this style of room.

Thanks for all the comments ! We will be well prepared to handle the issues............won't interfere with our fun, will just work around it. Thanks so much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast