Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Default Immigration form question

    So I have a sample form printed out for hubby and I. The section A- arrival part asks for Boarded at. We will begin our flight in Detroit and land in Atlanta for a lay-over then board and head to Jamaica. So is Atlanta the boarded at "name". Also do you put the airport code or name of actual city there?

    I am assuming it's the connecting flight info to Jamaica, but want to be sure.

    Thanks, Jamaica come soon---10days...woot woot.

  2. #2

    Default

    Ironbutterfly, that's the way I fill it out. I put in the last city I was in before departing the US. For the "Port of Final Destination" on the return section, I have always put the first city I arrive in heading back to the States. I've never had any troule or questions about it. Either the Airport code or the city name should be sufficient.

    739 more days---woot woot
    (inagoddadavida baby!)
    Happy & Safe Travels!

    =

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    925

    Default

    I always put in the last city I departed from on the way to Jamaica and the last city I am going to on the way back to home. Don't know if that's right, but I have done that for every international flight I have been on, and I have been on quite a few to Europe, South America and the Caribbean.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    Ironbutterfly, that's the way I fill it out. I put in the last city I was in before departing the US. For the "Port of Final Destination" on the return section, I have always put the first city I arrive in heading back to the States. I've never had any troule or questions about it. Either the Airport code or the city name should be sufficient.

    739 more days---woot woot
    (inagoddadavida baby!)
    Thank you so much for providing feed-back on what to put there. Ohhhh yes, love my Ironbutterfly...and I am listening to inagoddadavida in surround sound as I type....such a great song.... 9 days for us....woot woot. May your wait fly by...

  5. #5

    Default

    Not that anyone is going to check it, but the correct city is the last city you depart from before arriving in Montego Bay. Same thing for your return trip.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)


  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Not that anyone is going to check it, but the correct city is the last city you depart from before arriving in Montego Bay. Same thing for your return trip.
    Thanks for confirming

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    764

    Default

    We were told on our last flight into Montego Bay that we had to declare prescription drugs. Has anyone else seen this?

    Life is good

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    We were told on our last flight into Montego Bay that we had to declare prescription drugs. Has anyone else seen this?

    Life is good
    I had asked about medicines months ago on here- as husband takes some meds and was told you didn't have to declare. I just filled out forms for the plane and checked no in that box. Hope that is right....His meds will be in his prescription bottles....and only enough for 7 days.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post
    I had asked about medicines months ago on here- as husband takes some meds and was told you didn't have to declare. I just filled out forms for the plane and checked no in that box. Hope that is right....His meds will be in his prescription bottles....and only enough for 7 days.
    I never declared any of my meds the previous seven flights into Montego Bay. I was surprised that the flight attendant said we had to this time. Just wondering if something had changed. We are going back in March and I will see what they say then.

    Life is good

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    We were told on our last flight into Montego Bay that we had to declare prescription drugs. Has anyone else seen this?

    Life is good
    I have seen this but my travel agent says not to. I have never been questioned by customs.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waynel View Post
    I have seen this but my travel agent says not to. I have never been questioned by customs.
    We declared prescription meds on our first trip to Jamaica and the Customs guy looked at us like we were nuts and said that we didn't have to declare them. Since then we don't.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    We declared prescription meds on our first trip to Jamaica and the Customs guy looked at us like we were nuts and said that we didn't have to declare them. Since then we don't.
    Soooo glad you posted this, thank you thank you...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •