Default Informational message for April Amigos 2014

I thought I would bring you all up to date on some of the activities that are being planed for the return of the April Amigos, 22-2. All are welcome to join. You need only to be on the island any time between 9 and 5 daily. Just look for the big yellow Amigos flag and come on down.

This year there will be no need to fear being in the pool. There were some issues brought to my attention, concerning the fact that some guests wanting to go in to the pool but were unable to swim. They noticed that there was no life guard. I tried to reassure these individuals that the water was only waist high and there was no need to swim at all. None the less, they insisted and told me that until or unless there are rescue swimmers available for any possible situation, they would not be returning. I co8ld not let that happen.
    Well I am happy to report that this April, we will have an absolutely first class rescue swim team, comprised of alligators and lizards. Don’t scoff. They were with us this past November and they were a huge success. Not one person had any worries about taking a dip.
    There was one tiny scare, but the team was on it like hot on jerk pork. One woman was crossing the pool to refresh her drink. As she was returning to her spot, somehow, she lost her balance, I can’t imagine from what, and slipped under the water for less than a few seconds. I heard the gasp of others in the pool. But quick as a flash two of the A & L team dove in to action, diving under the woman and pushing her to the surface. And all the time, she kept her newly filled libation straight up, not losing a drop. Well done team. We’ll see you in April.

Attachment 21508 Here is the team poise for action. My good friend Jamaican Jimmy and his cousin, Robert Reggae are on the lookout for danger too.
    Other activities may or may not include:

Sill hat Day (new twist this year)

Scavenger hunt prizes will be awarded

Entertainment staff will visit us each day around 11 to play some Trivia or other such games around the pool.

Third annual ten pin tournament (held only if the lanes in the basement have been repaired due to water damage)
    Kite flying I will bring some. Please feel free to bring some too. Large 30-50 inch kites do well both on the beach and on the island. We will then leave the kites for the kids of some of the staff.

Back this year by popular demand, not really but it sounds good,
    “What would you wear to a formal nude wedding“? Obviously, this is for those of us on the rock. People on the textile beach, please do not enter this event.
    Be creative. You can make or buy your items. There are no limits.
    Prizes will be awarded

Body painting. Safe, non-toxic, environmentally safe. If anyone has any supplies, please let me know and please bring them. Designs are limited only by your imagination.

Here and there, we may a surprise or two. You never know.
    So Amigos, old and new, I look forward to seeing you during the wonderful month of April.

Respect

Richie

For anyone wishing to add their name to the April Amigos list, see April Amigos 2014 below.

I'm hoping to bump this up.

I just want to remind those that are going to CTI in April that there are some things being planned. We will be haivng a scavenger hunt with prizes for the winner, a "What would you wear to a nude wedding" contest, also with prizes. Be creative, think outside of the box. Silly Hat day with a new twist this year. Body painting (please feel free to bring some non toxic paints)

See you all on the rock

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    I'm hoping to bump this up.

I just want to remind those that are going to CTI in April that there are some things being planned. We will be haivng a scavenger hunt with prizes for the winner, a "What would you wear to a nude wedding" contest, also with prizes. Be creative, think outside of the box. Silly Hat day with a new twist this year. Body painting (please feel free to bring some non toxic paints)

See you all on the rock
    Hey, Richie How about a game of TWISTER (old one with the different colored dots) could be some fun times there?

Richie, what are the names of the two Jamaican guys (lifeguards now) in the picture? If you told me I'm sorry I don't remember. Don't their names need to be added to the list of attendees?
    Don

If you mean the two guys with the dreads, that's Jamaican Jimmy and his cousin, Robert Regge. If it's not those two guys, then I have no clue who you mean.

When are you and Cindy going to get back to CTI? It's been to long.

As we are only visiting for a day, on the 25th of April, is there a schedule for the silly hat day as yet??? I wouldn't want to show up on the island without the proper attire!!!

I have no date for silly hat day. but if you're coming over on the 25, I may make it that day. And you don't need to bring anything. I have everything you will need.

See you then

I decided that Silly Hat Day will be on the 25 Friday. There' nothing to bring. Just be on TI by 10:30am. This years hat day is different than any I have done before. You'll get to be creative, have some fun and maybe show off some "other" hidden talents. Pun intended.

See you on the rock

Richie

Hmmm... didn't know you were allowed to hide ANYTHING on the island...lol

At least not the important stuff.

We are booked for April 2015. Can't wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    If you mean the two guys with the dreads, that's Jamaican Jimmy and his cousin, Robert Regge. If it's not those two guys, then I have no clue who you mean.

When are you and Cindy going to get back to CTI? It's been to long.