Default Take care of CSA for us!

In 2010, my husband and I celebrated a beautiful wedding on the beach at Swept Away. We have returned every year! It is the one getaway from jobs, housework, and students that we look forward to each year! This past May, we talked my parents into coming for their 35th wedding anniversary! They are still talking about it! We like to take our trip right when my school year ends (I'm a middle school teacher, and boy do I need a vacation when May hits!) This year things will be different... We decided to start a family and a teeny, tiny, new baby will be joining us at the same time of year we would normally be whisked away by plane to Jamaica! We are so excited to start a family, and we feel incredibly blessed to have been to CSA 4 times already!

All I am asking of you continuous CSA vacationers is that you keep enjoying the beach, drink a VX and diet for my hubby, and laugh at the bartenders' cheesy jokes for us while we are away! We will be back! We have promised ourselves that! We won't be able to stay away, of course, even if it takes us 18 years to get back ! I like to think of our new journey to parenthood like the anticipation we have for vacation... we are nervous, excited, anxious, and trying to make sure we are prepared! Wish us luck! CSA we will see you when we see you, but OH YES we will be seeing you again!

P.S. is it totally corny and too out there to name our baby some form of Marley? Marlee? Marlie?

I'm very happy for you guys, you must let me know the sex, I have an idea of a good gift. Csa will be there and we'll save you some rum cream. sara and jim

I once again get to share a favorite Frank Zappa quote. When asked why he named his son Dweezil, he replied "What should I have named him? Bob?" (I love that!)

Awwww congrats!!! We will take your place this year....it's our first time at CSA (a belated honeymoon) and we're going in May!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I once again get to share a favorite Frank Zappa quote. When asked why he named his son Dweezil, he replied "What should I have named him? Bob?" (I love that!)
    Loved Frank Zappa. Saw him in 1979. Got 23 of his LPs. Wife still makes me put Billy The Mountain on about once a month. Moon Unit and Dweezil. I always thought that was cool. 167 days til home, eh.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Our daughter's middle name is Marlee Once you settle into parenthood, remember to take time to still be a couple...and there's no better place to do that than CSA!!

jordanandsarah, I read your post and it reminded my of us just a few years ago. My husband and I first discovered couples in May of 2011, we visited CN. Instantly we fell in love and vowed that we would be back the following year. My husband and I also travel right after school gets out because I also work in the educational sector and the end of May beginning of June always always was our week of travel. We have been traveling that week since 2007. When we first visited couples, we hadn't started a family of our own yet. I can't begin to tell you how blown away we were with the whole experience. We had traveled the tropical world, never the same place twice, and found ourselves vowing to return. Sure enough, later on that year, we found out we were expecting our first son coming on the exact week we had traveled for so many years. I thought the same way you did, we would make it back.

Parenthood is a roller coaster ride in itself. A huge one. Sleepless nights, lots of diapers, throw up and nervousness wondering the whole time if your doing it right. But the trade off, its a love like no other. Instantly. I didn't know the capacity I could love such a small tiny being until I heard him cry for the first time. I live and breathe for my son and that I know will never change. It has brought my husband and I to a whole new world. I've loved my husband from the first day we went on a date but I fell in love all over watching him be the amazing father he is. Just make sure that you make time for each other because all the date nights and late night out with friends will slowly become a blur when the baby comes.

That became our issue, we were so busy trying to figure out how to be good parents that we were slowly neglecting our vows as husband and wife. My mother sat me down early January of 2013 and reminded me of this. She had been married to my father for 20 years but their marriage slowly fell apart because they were too busy being good parents and never once took the time for their own marriage that I can remember. My husband and I had a passion for travel, it brought us closer together and my mother at that point insisted that we continued year after year to travel, just the two of us, at least once a year. She didn't have to tell me twice. I went and booked our return trip to couples for the 4th of July 2013. My son had just turned a year in late May and we were finally ready to go.

It was scary at first, leaving our son for a week, but with FaceTime and telephone calls we got to see and hear him every day which made it easier. The first day, I was definitely nervous but sitting on the beach, having a hummingbird, relaxation hit and I was finally at peace, alone with my husband. It was the best thing we could have done. We needed that week for our marriage.

Travel wasn't the same as before. We knew we left a little piece of us at home and lord knows without FaceTime and phone calls we would have been ready to go home after day 3, but thank god for technology. We spent the week sleeping in, I think we made it once for breakfast the whole time. We turned in early if we were tired instead of partying all night like we used to, and we just enjoyed each other. I know it seems like a long ways away but you'll be back, sooner than you think. Just remember that you need husband and wife time too and I hope that your parents are just as cool as ours and they can't wait to kick you out so they can spend time with the grand baby.

We leave to CSA in 110 days. We booked the trip before we took our trip to CN this past July so we had something to count down. This time we are returning with our best friends since all we've done is talk about how amazing couples is. As the days are slowly winding down, I look forward to that time, with my husband, just the two of us... Your children will always come first but always make sure your marriage is a close second.

Sorry so long, just my two cents. I'll make sure to say hello to CSA for you and have a couple red stripes for the new parents and the little blessing that awaits you. Congratulations!