Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    No matter what Couples would have done to the rooms they would not have made everyone happy. Be glad that they are actually putting money into the resort to spruce it up. I mean really how much are you in your rooms? To sleep and cleanup for meals. Give them a break, If they wouldnt have done anything people would complain they need to do some updating. Relax and enjoy the beach and sun and have NO worries MON........
    I don't know. Rooms are a major part of a visit, you spend a lot of time in your room, if you think about it. I mean, we come back to the room to shower and change a few times a day and some times to relax in privacy.

We spend time in our room also! I don't know why so many people say "you don't spend much time in your room anyway"! The room is almost as important as the beach, etc.

If you subtract the time in your room when you are asleep (I don't care what color the furniture is when I am sleeping!) then most people don't spend a lot of time in their rooms. I think that is what people mean when they say they don't spend much time in the room. If I subtract the hours I am asleep, then the vast majority of my time is spent somewhere other than in the room or getting ready to leave the room. Your mileage may vary of course! Having said that, the looks of the room are a very important part of my vacation, but the color of the furniture is not much of an issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    No matter what Couples would have done to the rooms they would not have made everyone happy. Be glad that they are actually putting money into the resort to spruce it up. I mean really how much are you in your rooms? To sleep and cleanup for meals. Give them a break, If they wouldnt have done anything people would complain they need to do some updating. Relax and enjoy the beach and sun and have NO worries MON........
    I agree with you 100% !!! NO worries MON !!! You are on vacation at a great resort !!!
    Allan and Angie

hopefully couples will look at this thread and see how disappointed all of us are except for that one person who is saying "it's not important". well, it is important for many of us. part of the reason we KEEP coming back.

I agree that we don't spend much waking time in the room (maybe the balcony!) and the color of the furniture is in no way a deal breaker, I looked at this as a chance to give management some feed back before they finalize the remodel. Definitely not a complaint from us. We'll be back regardless on May 2nd!

I agree, the only time we spent any large amount of time in our room besides sleeping was getting ready for breakfast and getting ready for dinner. We are not the type of people to go back to our rooms in the afternoon to take a nap or watch tv. We didn't pay for a room. We paid for a beach, ocean, great staff, excellent food and drink, and if there is time and money left over, a bed to sleep on and a place to shower. The only reason we even book the beachfront suite is because it has a great bathroom, and is super close to the beach and SSB! If you could take a deluxe ocean, put it in that block, and give it the same bathroom as the beachfront suites, we would book that without hesitation.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

We have stayed in A/B block 6 times, and personally we love the new bathroom. We used the Jacuzzi tub one time 14 years ago, and since then has been a waste of space other then to dry wet clothes. Going into the safe or closet while your spouse was in the bathroom was always fun. While we will miss the dividers, we welcome the change and look forward to staying in an updated suite. If we don't like it, then we stay in another block next time. Actually, we would sleep in the bushes if they let us!
    Mike&Sue
    4/20-5/1 2014
    A/B Block

Quote Originally Posted by CSS4US View Post
    Actually, we would sleep in the bushes if they let us!
    Mike&Sue
    4/20-5/1 2014
    A/B Block
    Remember, they are Jamaican bushes! I bet they are more comfortable and less scratchy than bushes in the states!!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

Bumped this as there are questions on the remodel

Anyone who if the remodel has started yet. Less than 2 months before we head down again.

re: the remodeled bathrooms......

We just got back from a resort on Cozumel that had that partial glass wall for the shower. Boy, was that a disaster !! I can't tell you how many towels we wasted trying to absorb all of that water that sprayed/splashed out onto the floor. I felt bad for the maid having to clean up all of those heavy, sopping wet towels.

I guess it might look nicer than a shower curtain, but I'll take the shower curtain any day (or full glass, w/ a door that swings open). Luckily my hairdryer cord was long enough to reach the mirror in the hallway, or I might not be here writing this !!

I sure hope they reconsider those open concept showers.........

Default right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMRP View Post
    re: the remodeled bathrooms......

We just got back from a resort on Cozumel that had that partial glass wall for the shower. Boy, was that a disaster !! I can't tell you how many towels we wasted trying to absorb all of that water that sprayed/splashed out onto the floor. I felt bad for the maid having to clean up all of those heavy, sopping wet towels.

I guess it might look nicer than a shower curtain, but I'll take the shower curtain any day (or full glass, w/ a door that swings open). Luckily my hairdryer cord was long enough to reach the mirror in the hallway, or I might not be here writing this !!

I sure hope they reconsider those open concept showers.........
    i'm right there with you. i loved how deep the shower was before. you could stand there with no curtain, and there would still be no spill-over.

personally, my favorite part of the rooms were the 1 bedroom design. I liked having a separate room. my wife could sleep while I got up and hung out in the living area.

I hope they bring back the partition. based on the current pics, the room just looks like an old warehouse. large and empty.

We were just there a few weeks ago and saw the model room and absolutely loved it. I don't think the pictures do it justice. The new bathroom is beautiful and the furniture definitely looks better in person than the pictures portray. I think they've done a lovely job with the design, the room feels much brighter and open, nothing like a warehouse.
    (Karen&Paul)

Have yet to stay at CSS! Look forward to that in the future! The new pictures look great, I think! They only negative I think is the ugly blue/white stripped bedding and such! Kinda ugly! Non strips and other colors would be better! More earthy colors! Warm and inviting! So is the plan to only do A/B block renovations? This year we are headed back to CSA and going try CN. We loved CSA! Great true Caribbean style resort and the beach is awesome!

anyone have pictures of what the rooms looked like before the remodel? Maybe a comparison would help everyone realize this is a good thing???

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by css4us View Post
    actually, we would sleep in the bushes if they let us!
    Mike&sue
    4/20-5/1 2014
    a/b block
    lol!!!!!!!!!

Any update on the room remodels? The new rooms look fantastic and we are there in September/October.

We loveCouples, but I am upset to see the divider between the bedroom and living room torn down. That and the bathtub were my favorite features. I am happy for the remodel though, it was definitely in need of some updates. 60 days to CSS!

Does anyone know how far into renovations they are? Are the done with A&B block? We will be returning home in October and now I'm even more excited if we get a new room!
    The upgrades look absolutely beautiful! I loooove the shower!

When I was there just a month ago they only had done the 1 room. There was no construction happening but things might be different.

We've been to CSS 5 times and have always stayed in A/B block. We also loved the rooms but with that said, I am excited about the new changes. The things we use the room for aren't really affected by the color or the layout (sleeping, showering and umm, aerobics) so those changes don't really bother me. I usually get up earlier than my wife but she never has a problem sleeping whether I'm in the same room, a different room or different part of the room or outside. I love that the closet/safe/bathroom obstacle course is no longer there. I also love the larger shower - it looks perfect for umm, aerobics... In all of our trips we've only used the jacuzzi tub one time - on the first trip - and we didn't enjoy it. Bottom line for us, if heaven on earth is silver lined rather than gold lined I'm still good with it and will continue coming back and staying in A block!

Just saw the pictures. Disappointed. Thought it looked better before. But of course, only my 2 cents.

Nancy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3