Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default CSS Room Remodel coming soon

We are currently at CSS and they are working on a sample room. They plan to completely remodel all rooms from the ground up. Starting with A & B blocks. Everything inside the 4 outer walls were removed. The sample room will be complete next week. I hope someone posts pictures of it.

I can't wait to see the new look! Anyone have new photos of the spa area?

We still have 67 days until we can see everything in person, but who's counting...wait, WE ALL ARE! ;-)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CSS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    CN 2012
    CTI 2013

Oh, please keep us updated. Our next trip is set for the end of April. Will the remodel be started by then? And if so, will it be completed by then?

We are also excited to see the changes! When we were there in September we saw they had gutted a room. We have played the what would we do game trying to decide the best layout for the space. Can't wait to see the finished project! Please someone post a picture or floor plan!

Jeff & Denise
    SDR 09/09
    CSS 09/10, 09/11, 09/12, 09/13, 9/14

Right now there is nothing to show the room is simply gutted.
    I will post a picture once the model room is completed.
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Thanks Irie. Looking forward. Have our first trip to CSS booked for November 2014 after two trips to CN. Per the room descriptions on the site, our room is to be in the A or B block so we hope those are done when we arrive, or not started as we like the current pictures.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by irie i View Post
    Right now there is nothing to show the room is simply gutted.
    I will post a picture once the model room is completed.
    Ivonna....can you give us any details about time frame for renovations. How long expected to take? A block expected to be complete by? B block expected to be completed by? A & B block expected to be completed by? Also what exactly will the renovations entail?

The dates are not set in stone yet. The objective is to choose the least busy moment of the year. In other words it will happen somewhere between May and November.

As for the extent of the changes within the room - expect to be suprised.
    I'm as curious as you are and can't wait to see the model room.
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Ivonna I hope the presidential suite will be done when my beautiful wife and I arrive lateSeptember! Can't wait to try CSS for a few days before we go to CSA for 11 days.

That sounds great, hopefully we can see the model room in April and then stay in one in Feb 2115.

tanfastic, what presidential suite are you talking about? Are there plans to add one? Right now there is the Prime Minister's Suite or the Hibiscus Cottage as the highest room categories......
    Last edited by suzyQ; December 16th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    tanfastic, what presidential suite are you talking about? Are there plans to add one? Right now there is the Prime Minister's Suite or the Hibiscus Cottage as the highest room categories......
    Sorry SuzyQ, I meant to say Prime Ministers Suite, always in a rush at work to post during a break or at home when I should be doing my wife's "honey-do" list!

Name:  IMG_0423.JPG
Views: 5560
Size:  99.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0421.JPG
Views: 5466
Size:  58.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0422.JPG
Views: 5493
Size:  92.5 KB

Spoke with the GM about this last week after he discussed the renovations at the repeaters dinner. The room being done is a sample to show the owners and refine the remodel project specifics. He mentioned the owners never liked the layout of the beach front suites so change has been coming for some time. The tubs are being taken out and the room has a much more open feel. You'll be able to see the view of the beach/ocean from the bed. A and B block will be completely remodeled, but it will be done in phases and will take time. The room pictured above is expected to be done next week. I was told the resort is fully booked through the high season so no work further construction will be done until April/May. Project will be done in blocks, as an example the bottom 12 rooms in B block, then the bottom 12 rooms in A block, etc.. Expectation is it will take over a year. Aside from A and B blocks, at the repeater dinner it was mentioned the other rooms will be getting new furniture.

S/F
    Scott and June

This room was completely gutted when we were there in October. Ahhh, Jamaica time!

Any updates or pictures of the room Irie I?

Here it is...
    Name:  2 IMG_3956.JPG
Views: 4606
Size:  45.2 KB

Name:  3 IMG_3959.JPG
Views: 4627
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  4 IMG_3972.JPG
Views: 4631
Size:  55.8 KB

Name:  1 IMG_3955.JPG
Views: 4614
Size:  46.4 KB
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Looks great. Hope they are ready when we arrive in November.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Wow.... It looks amazing! Although we will miss the hot tub... We used it once or twice, and it made a nice place to rinse out our clothes after our trash the dress photo shoot.
    Irie I, since it is hard to tell from the picture, can you tell us if the sink is still a double sink? and does the bathroom still have the separate vanity area with counter and mirror? Also, since the room is now more open, does the patio/balcony area still have the 2 sets of doors to access it, or has one of those been replaced by a window or something else?

Will this room be open to guests to look at, or will it be available for booking and use?

95 days 20 hours 30 minutes until we come home!!

@ sweetnessinthesand
    it is my understanding that there is a double sink.
    not sure about the separate vanity/mirror area.
    I will try to get more pictures.
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Nice job on the room although i really do not understand management keeping the blue and white decor on the drapes and beds. Lessons the WOW factor for me. Just saying....

I'm hoping for the best, but looking at the drain in the shower I appears to be the same type that is causing some problems at CSA and some other resorts that have gone to that type of drain. I hope this is a better version of it that works well consistently.

Everything looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    I'm hoping for the best, but looking at the drain in the shower I appears to be the same type that is causing some problems at CSA and some other resorts that have gone to that type of drain. I hope this is a better version of it that works well consistently.
    First thing I thought of when I saw the bathroom pic !!

I am glad to see some work done to the rooms there, but I am sorry to see the dark wood furniture departing (except for the night stands ??). Can't say that yucky color wicker stuff does anything for me -- it certainly doesn't scream "charm".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast