Default Newbies at Tower Isle

We will be newbies at CTI from March 19-26. What is the weather like? What is the difference between the oceanview rooms? Which ones have a walk-in closet?

Some premier have walk in closets, some do not. Building 4 had deluxe ocean view. Their May Palm trees blocking the view of the island. Superior ocean views are in building 5. They over look a small cove and villa next door. There are ov rooms in building 2. They overlook the resort and the ocean. The rooms are small but the building is by Bayside with only a few rooms so a quiet location. Premier are in Building 2 & 3. Building 3 will be closest to the ocean. Some have walkin closets, some do not. Building 2 looks out over the main pool to the ocean. The rooms are HUGE, the closets are not walkin.

I didn't realize any room had a walkin closet and why would you need one ?

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    I didn't realize any room had a walkin closet and why would you need one ?
    Most likely; clothes.

Our room in Sept had a huge walk in closet, you could play football in the shower.

We were in building 4 in 2012, great view of everything

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Most likely; clothes.
    Brilliant answer. My point is if you need a walkin closet, you're bringing too much stuff that's all

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Brilliant answer. My point is if you need a walkin closet, you're bringing too much stuff that's all
    Ah yes, the "too many clothes" defense. I'll leave that one be as I like to take crisp, fresh clothes and "over pack" each year.

You can also use the ironing board in it, stow your suitcases out of sight, and it usually comes with the bigger bathrooms/room setups, too. Better points?

Even on a 10 day stay, we don't bring enough stuff that we need a walk in closet. Most of the morning and day, you will be in swimming attire. You might want more than 1 swimsuit because it can take some time to dry. We leave ours on the balcony overnight to dry. They may still be slightly damp in the morning. Women will want a few cover ups. Men may want a few t shirts.

Around dinner time we will change into clothes. My wife will usually wear shorts and a blouse. I will usually wear some dress shorts and a button down short sleeve shirt. No cargo shorts. These light clothes don't take up all that much room.

I will usually pack some nice dress clothes for the nicer restaurants that require a dress code. My wife will usually pack some dress pants and a blouse or a dress appropriate for the restaurants that have a dress code. We will be careful not to get these dirty as we may use them more than once. Shortly after the dinner at the nicer restaurant we will change back into our normal evening attire of shorts and shirt.

All of these clothes fit easily into the normal closet you will find in any of the rooms.

The others have pretty much covered the differences in the room views.

The weather should be great. Usually mid to upper 80's (F) in the day. Lower to mid 70's (F) in the evening and overnight. It is unusual to require anything long sleeve. Do not be afraid if you see a chance of rain every day. You are in a tropical location. Just because they give a possibility of rain does not mean that it is going to rain. Even if it does rain, the rain shower is usually relatively short and things will dry up somewhat quickly.

Enjoy your stay in paradise.

Our last visit we were in one of the rooms with a walk-in closet. While we didn't pack all that much, it was nice in some ways, as our suitcases were kept out of the way, what electronics we brought (e-readers, my laptop which rarely got used) were also kept "out of sight, out of mind" while still being plugged in to charge. Would we go out of our way to get a similar room next time? Probably not.

Seriously, why would you even be bothered about a "walk in closet?" Your bikinis and such like, along with shorts and shirts need that much space!

Okay, in defense of the "walk-in" closet, I must say that when they added the mini bars, they put them in the dresser. In the walk-in closet, there are shelves to put things that don't hang up. It is nice to have the luggage out of the way also.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Okay, in defense of the "walk-in" closet, I must say that when they added the mini bars, they put them in the dresser. In the walk-in closet, there are shelves to put things that don't hang up. It is nice to have the luggage out of the way also.
    I agree Vicky. With our luggage out of sight, our room didn't look/feel like a hotel room every time we walked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Thanks, Vicky. What kind of room has the walk-ins?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob&Lisa View Post
    I agree Vicky. With our luggage out of sight, our room didn't look/feel like a hotel room every time we walked in.
    Yep, and we can leave electronics in the luggage and lock the luggage and not risk have items come up missing. When we had a smaller room in Building 1 our first year, everything was out and we were always tripping over the luggage. Still loved the view from that building though.
    Vicky