Default Spa Treatments for Men

I've enjoyed massages at the spa and always wondered if guys get any other body treatments. I assume they could be enjoyed just as much by the guys as the girls, but wasn't sure if I'd have to turn in my man card once I got one. Should I just avoid this? Or if its fine what is recommended for guys? Also, what should I be prepared for in terms of exposure? Julie and I use the nude beach so no real issue, but want to be prepared mentally for whether I'll be uncovered or not. Looking forward to our next taste of paradise soon. - Dan

Dan, I too have wondered about the spa services. What I would like to see is a real barber who does razor type facial shaves. A long time ago, when I was in the military the little female barbers in Korea would cut your hair, give you a shave and a shoulders, arms and neck massage. It was wonderful!!!! Ed

Funny little story...

My wife and I were in the spa to make our reservations. The lady in front of us was wrapping up her reservations as we walked in. All we heard her say was, emphatically, "Remember, and this is VERY, VERY important, if you call it ANYTHING but a "sports massage", my husband will get up and walk out!". She even made little "air quotation marks" with her fingers as she said the words "sports massage".

My opinion, get whatever treatment you think you'd like. Some guys just aren't very secure within themselves. Really, who's going to know what happens behind the closed doors of a treatment room anyway.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Go with whatever you want, but I wouldn't try waxing for the first time on vacation (I don't think women should either). My hubby has done wraps and manicures as well as massages - he liked the wrap better than me but thought the manicure was a waste of time.

julieanddan2, as far as "exposure" goes, for our couples' massages at CTI (sunset by the Buddha pool) and CN (open-air hut on the beach), they have always kept on some coverage with a towel. I have never gotten one at CSS, but I've read that you may have the option of au naturel if your massage is scheduled on sunset beach.

For other treatments, I've known men who have gotten mani-pedis. Personally, I've never had one... they'd need a power sander for my feet.

TRADE IN YOUR MAN CARD JUST FOR ENTERTAINING THE IDEA!!!

What?
    What's that?
    It *IS* OK for a guy to enjoy spa services?
    Oh, well, OK then.

Seriously, though. The wife and I on our two trips to CTI have availed ourselves of at least the couples massage. Nothing wrong with letting yourselves stretch out and relax and let the wonderful staff relax you even further! If one of the other treatments sounds interesting / appeals to you, go for it! It's *your* vacation, enjoy it how you like. Actually, looking at the spa menu, I might suggest the wife and I try the "Couples Seaweed Body Wrap" next time...

Jason

Hey guys, go for it. I do, every trip, sometimes more then once and love it. As far as cover up, they are very discreet and keep you covered enough that nothing is exposed. It is your option to strip or wear your underwear. I strip. A relaxing Swedish massage is great, but once I got a deep tissue and wow, was I sore, even though I get them at home for my shoulders. All the masseuses have been great. Go for it. I know in 54 days I will be scheduling at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by jamacia8 View Post
    Dan, I too have wondered about the spa services. What I would like to see is a real barber who does razor type facial shaves. A long time ago, when I was in the military the little female barbers in Korea would cut your hair, give you a shave and a shoulders, arms and neck massage. It was wonderful!!!! Ed
    They do this. Just ask. I've done it twice. We were at CSA from 12/16 - 12/22 and I know at least one man who did this while we were there, as well as getting his head shaved also.

Ever year I get a haircut, manicure and pedicure. The quality of the haircut ( as well as the manny and peddy) is excellent. Bess I get all year.

Hubby gets the message, that's it. You are covered. I get treatments and they give me a little paper bikini to put on. Probably something similar for men.