Default CSA - Repeat Guest Dinner or International Buffet

Which would you choose? This will be our first time at CSA (except for Trading Places) and have heard the International Buffet great. We have been to several Repeat Guest Dinners at other Couples resorts and they tend to be long and loud. Its nice getting to meet a staff member and the food is usually great but I have seen a few posts here that say the International Buffet is not to be missed. Were only staying for a week so we have to choose. How is the Repeat Guest Dinner at CSA? One time at CSS they had Surf n Turf chicken and salmon! Yuck! Not what Id call surf n Turf!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Which would you choose? This will be our first time at CSA (except for Trading Places) and have heard the International Buffet great. We have been to several Repeat Guest Dinners at other Couples resorts and they tend to be long and loud. Its nice getting to meet a staff member and the food is usually great but I have seen a few posts here that say the International Buffet is not to be missed. Were only staying for a week so we have to choose. How is the Repeat Guest Dinner at CSA? One time at CSS they had Surf n Turf chicken and salmon! Yuck! Not what Id call surf n Turf!

I may be in the minority, be we left the repeaters dinner last year and ate at the international buffet. Due to the shear number of people being served, the hot food was cold and the cold food not so cold. We did not enjoy the company of the group we were sitting with, we were with a group that came together and we felt unworthy of sitting with them.

I know there will be several posts with other opinions, but we will not return to the repeater's dinner. I truly hope your experience is better if you decide to go.

15 days to go!!!!!!

We have never went to the Repeat Guest Diner. We have always opted for the International Buffet. We have no intention on going to the Repeat Guest Dinner on out upcoming trip. But then, we will have some first timers traveling with us on this next trip.

We have always enjoyed the repeaters dinners but they do run long. I would say try the buffet, we might try it in April.

We go to CSA twice a year. No more Repeaters Dinners for us! Stand outside in the heat poolside for cocktails. Delay to go in to dinner. Very loud, pretty bad entertainment, so loud you can't talk to the person next to you without screaming. This past trip the General Manager opted to dine with travel agents rather than the repeat guests. Lukewarm food, small portions....need I go on?

Go to the Cocktail Reception upstairs first for good eats and a hello to many staff members, not just managers. Then skip down to the international Buffet for truly superb food!

We went to the repeat dinner last time and after an hour of standing around decided to leave and go eat. We were hungry and they weren't in any hurry to seat us and feed us. It seemed very unorganized and not for me.

The international buffet wasn't anything to write home about though.

I'd skip both and go to Feathers or Lemongrass (I believe L'grass is open during this time). Heck, I'd even get pizzas to go from Patois at noon and put them in my fridge for later! We very much dislike the Repeater's Dinner, and really, any meal at the Palms (other than breakfast, which is usually great), is really barely worth having IMO.We tried the International Buffet a couple of times, and found the food to be mediocre and the beverage service to be HORRIBLE. In addition, there seemed to be a LOT of people crammed into the Palms, with an inordinate number of people who felt the need to hoot and holler. Not our gig.

We went to the repeat dinner at CSA this past November. We have been to one at CN, and three at CSS and always enjoy the food and company at these dinners. This time at CSA, our staff member was not interested in getting to know any of us, nor was she interested in talking. My husband sat beside her and it was like pulling teeth for him just conversing with her. The couple beside me were very shy and barely said anything, and it was so loud that I could not hear or join the conversations going on across the table. It was the worst experience and both my husband and I decided that we have gone to enough repeat dinners, and no longer find them enjoyable.

The last few times at the repeaters dinner they had lobster tail and a small piece of beef tenderloin. It was very good, but the portions are small (smaller than Feathers) and the dinner is loooong. We enjoy meeting new people, but the dinner can be a bit awkward.

We have enjoyed the International Buffet, but it can get overly crowded.

My hope is that someone from CSA Management is reading this and takes a look at their Repeaters Dinner agenda, food, etc. the comments here are from your repeat guests.

We enjoyed the Repeater's Dinner this past December. This was the best meal of our trip but the dinner was a bit long and we did not have anyone from management at our table. In the past we always enjoyed getting to know someone in a wide variety of areas. Sure hope we can make it back in 2014!!

I really have mixed emotions on the Repeaters dinner. We attend them, but they are getting to the point where we do not enjoy them, basically because of the noise level. When you can't hear a person sitting across the table from you, it is no fun trying to hold a conversation. Will be back for our 6th trip to CN in 47 days and we are already debating about going to the Repeaters dinner or not, and we used to look forward to it.

Our first Repeaters' Dinner in 2005 at CSA was held in the old Feathers location where the Spa is now. There were 8 couples. In 2006 it expanded to around the lap pool outside Feathers. There were about 6 tables. Now the Repeaters' Dinner in December includes about one third to one half of the guests. We like to talk to the managers and find out the new plans for the resort. The food is generally exceptional. But the noise level makes it impossible to talk to anyone except the person next to you. So many repeaters is a good thing. It means the resort is doing well and will be around for a long time. However, the Repeaters' Dinner has outgrown it's purpose. Now we go to the Cocktail Party and talk to the managers there and reserve at Feathers for dinner. I vote for an expanded cocktail party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Our first Repeaters' Dinner in 2005 at CSA was held in the old Feathers location where the Spa is now. There were 8 couples. In 2006 it expanded to around the lap pool outside Feathers. There were about 6 tables. Now the Repeaters' Dinner in December includes about one third to one half of the guests. We like to talk to the managers and find out the new plans for the resort. The food is generally exceptional. But the noise level makes it impossible to talk to anyone except the person next to you. So many repeaters is a good thing. It means the resort is doing well and will be around for a long time. However, the Repeaters' Dinner has outgrown it's purpose. Now we go to the Cocktail Party and talk to the managers there and reserve at Feathers for dinner. I vote for an expanded cocktail party.
    I agree totally with Mary.

I would and did go to the repeaters dinner a week ago last Monday. It was loud, but the food was great and it was fun talking with the other people at our table. And my wife loves lobster which was part of the meal.

We haven't ever been to a repeaters' dinner. We've talked to several other repeaters they have told us not to go. We normally eat at the resort or go to Ivan's.

We have been to CSA 17 times since 2005 and have only attended the Repeater's Dinner twice. The first time was when Feathers was at the Spa and that was pleasant. The second time was several years and it was long and very loud and as others have said impossible to have a conversation with anybody except those sitting beside you. Because of that we don't attend the Repeater's Dinner. We wish there were other options available for dinner beside the buffet at the Palms on Monday nights as getting a reservation at Feathers or Lemongrass for Monday if you arrive on Saturday is not possible.

We will be arriving on a Saturday. Last year we booked Lemongrass as soon as we checked in and the first reservation we could get was for Thursday night. We had not tried it on the previous 2 trips for one reason or another. After eating there we loved it !!!!! We tried to get another reservation but couldn't. This year again as soon as we arrive we will book it and if we can get 2 reservations we will. I suggest that if anyone going to CSA that has not tried Lemongrass, try it..........you'll be hooked like we are. We aren't impressed with the Repeaters dinner either. Too bad they can't change it in some way that will bring the Repeat Guests back. Any ideas ????

I'd like to see management consider doing away with the International Night Buffet on Monday night at CSA and having a nice meal to order off a menu instead of feeling like I'm at a cafeteria. Part of the ambience at a Couples resort is being waited on during dinner and you sure don't get that feeling when it's a buffet. Being that's the only option for a non reservation restaurant on Monday night it's kind of a bummer. Just my 2 cents.

We did the repeaters dinner once. That was more than enough. Three hours of "forced" conversation with strangers, music I didn't care for, etc......
    No thanks....
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

The repeators dinner is the best meal of the week with the best wine, who wants to go to a buffet when you can be served such delicious food and meet the staff. This year we are back to CSA In March and cant wait for our dinner.

This last time was a disappointment lobster was so small was hidden.. Disappointed on repeat dinner dec 30th so If we went back I'd probably skip it..