Default CN Review Dec 8-14

Unfortunately, our vacation got off to a rocky start. New to the KC area, we chose to make our connections through Dallas rather than Chicago for possible weather reasons. Well, 3AM on Dec 6 we were notified that our flight was cancelled due to ice in Dallas. We were rebooked for the next day. At 2 AM on Dec 7...You guessed it. Cancelled again. This time they rebooked us through Chicago (ironic, eh?) on Dec 8. Two days stuck in KC when we should have been in Jamaica. However, this was not the fault of Couples, and we got there on the 8th, just in time for dinner at the Heleconia. Food was great, but service was good, not great. A trip to the bar after dinner found us running in to some Couples Friends from previous visits, so we felt "at home".
    We missed Carmecia at breakfast, as she always had a smile and such energy! We are hoping that all is well with her and her new baby, and that she is back soon.
    Days at the beach were great (as usual). We missed coming last year, and cannot believe how the AN beach has changed. The hedges were trimmed, or rather chopped. The new bar is incredible, even though my hubbies favorite tree was sacrificed for the structure. The small palm trees have certainly grown, and there was definitely enough shade for him. I did miss the hammock!! The horse shoe pits have taken the back row of the sunshine area, but no one played while we were there. Amay was at the bar, and was accommodating as usual. She is always a favorite. Rain had us scatter to the bar one afternoon for about an hour, and we had a lot of fun talking with Couples Friends, both old and new. Lots of bug bites this year (again, not Couples fault). Next year I will be bringing deep woods OFF.
    We loved our room in bldg 7, as it is just so close to everything. Janet was great at keeping our room clean, and we always had plenty of towels.
    Food was great, and loved every selection at Heleconia. Marlon was the best server that we had there. Wine was not great, but do understand that aspect has been addressed and will soon be changed. Lychee was as expected; quite good. Since we had lost two days of our trip, we chose not to attend the Repeaters Dinner. We were happy with our choice, as they were not done until after 10:00.
    All in all it was a great trip and we are already booked for next year. The one thing that we did notice, was the lack of smiles and friendliness among the staff. We are hoping that it is not indicative of an underlying problem.

Thanks for the quick review. We will be heading to Negril for the first time in April. We went to CSS last year, and my wife is concerned we will not like CN as much. I am looking forward to some of the extra activities, like parasailing, Rick's Cafe, and the Office of Nature. I am also interested in the Pelican Bar, but the only thing I have seen so far on it, is a tour site saying it costs $100 per person to go out there!

SO sorry to hear about your nasty delay! It baffles me anytime I hear about ice or snow in Texas!! Right now we are dealing with American Airlines changing our flight. They changed our arriving flight to leave 2 hours earlier (6am instead of 8, which means we have to be driving no later than 3:30 to get there), but still get in to Jamaica the same time. Also, on the way back, they changed our connection (in Dallas!) to take off 3 hours before our plane is scheduled to arrive in Dallas....

Oh, and the lack of smiles from the staff was because they were looking forward to seeing you, and they lost 2 days of getting to chat with you!! Made them very unhappy campers..

105 days 23 hours 55 minutes until we land!

We left CN on 11/5/13 and had been to CSA the week before that. We always feel the staff at CN is more friend as a whole then the one at CSA. Not saying either are terrible, but it seems more frowns at CSA from time to time. When I see them that way, I always try to get them to smile. Works most the time, and they always remember me afterwards. Will be back at CN in 46 days, so I hope they are happy again. Sometimes I think they have a lot on their minds, and are just off the mark some. I know I'm that way at work once in awhile also. Is good Mon!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    Thanks for the quick review. We will be heading to Negril for the first time in April. We went to CSS last year, and my wife is concerned we will not like CN as much. I am looking forward to some of the extra activities, like parasailing, Rick's Cafe, and the Office of Nature. I am also interested in the Pelican Bar, but the only thing I have seen so far on it, is a tour site saying it costs $100 per person to go out there!

SO sorry to hear about your nasty delay! It baffles me anytime I hear about ice or snow in Texas!! Right now we are dealing with American Airlines changing our flight. They changed our arriving flight to leave 2 hours earlier (6am instead of 8, which means we have to be driving no later than 3:30 to get there), but still get in to Jamaica the same time. Also, on the way back, they changed our connection (in Dallas!) to take off 3 hours before our plane is scheduled to arrive in Dallas....

Oh, and the lack of smiles from the staff was because they were looking forward to seeing you, and they lost 2 days of getting to chat with you!! Made them very unhappy campers..

105 days 23 hours 55 minutes until we land!
    I am sure you know that there are no lobsters in April. That takes a little away from OON. Have a great time anyway!!