Default CLUB MOBAY and onward Couples transfer - do you wait for the others?

So ...... having read earlier messages I understand the issues about perceived value and paying to take the uncertainty out of whether we queue for hours at Passport Control ( which we have done several times) but still have a query.

When you do skip the queues and get whisked through quickly to the Couples lounge, do you then have to wait for everyone else heading for Couples from your plane to clear Passport Control or do Couples send you on your way without waiting for them?

If the former then aren't we just paying to wait in the Couples lounge for the length of the Passport Control queue rather than in the hot public line?

If the latter then I know that during the day when lots of flights coming then Couples can presumably send busses as soon as they are full, but later when the transatlantic flights arrive won't it be harder for Couples to do this?

What do you all reckon?

Ruth

I had this same question for our Dec 15-22 vacation at CSA (arrived around 1:30 p.m. on a Sunday). Ultimately we decided to go with the Club MoBay arrival service. I did let Couples know ahead of time via email that we would be using the Club MoBay arrival service and to let them know that we may need to be put on an earlier shuttle than other guests that were also arriving on the same plane as us if lines were long. We zoomed through all the C/I lines, checked in at the Couples lounge and had barely enough time to down a rum punch in the Club MoBay lounge before we were put on a shuttle that was not remotely full…in fact we were the only couple on our shuttle. I'm sure that is not the norm though.

So, no we did not have to wait for the other couples that were on our plane to get to the Couples lounge. In fact, the other couples asked us about our "magic trick" when we disappeared and they didn't see us again until they got to the resort.

That was our experience and we feel it was totally worth $50 per person. The other couples said they would have paid for it as well had they known it was going to speed things along like it did. I hope this helps. Club MoBay was a huge question mark for me a few weeks ago but not anymore. I can also say that I will probably use the departure service next time, too. We didn't this time but wound up paying $24 for lunch at Wendy's in the food court and I would much rather have a quiet lounge with food and drink provided and free wifi to wait for departure and I think the $30 per person will probably be worth it to me on future trips.

Hi Ruth,

I guess it all depends how many other flights arriving around the same time. When we arrived last January we sailed through without any hold-ups. We will be arriving this year on a Sunday and as there are no other flights due within an hour either side of our arrival we are hoping that we get the same experience this time.
    To answer with regard to still having to wait in Couples lounge we waited 20 minutes which gave us time to enjoy a Red Stripe for me and Champagne for my wife.(Our holiday had begun!!!).
    My tip would be wait until the day that corresponds with your arrival then log in to the Montego Bay Airport website and find out what other flights there are around the time you are due to land then make a decision based on that information. Unfortunately you can only see Monday's arrivals on a Monday and Tuesday's arrivals on a Tuesday etc. etc. so that is why you need to do it on the corresponding day.
    Hope this helps.

John

We used Club Mobay last Mar. We were through customs and on the shuttle in about 20 min. Not sure if anyone on our plane was going to
    Couples but there were a number of people in the lounge so did not have to wait long. Will definitely use again this year.

You may not have to wait for the rest of the plane, but you will have to wait till they fill up a bus or van. We got through customs and had to wait 25 minutes for our van to arrive. This was in November

My wife and I just returned from 10 days at CTI. We reluctantly booked club Mobay after the airline changed our flight to arrive later in the day. Looking at MBJ arrivals I could see that 8 planes were scheduled to arrive in the hour before we landed, which we figured to be about 2000 people arriving in the hour before us. We thought that club mobay would be worth any advantage it would give us in time. We absolutely LOVED using club mobay. Worst case scenario is we went through the hour and a half line in 10 min and we're sitting in the lounge eating and drinking while everyone else waited in line. The shuttle to CTI took off within 20 min of us being there. We arrived at the resort at least an hour before the other folks on our flight!!!! We commented our entire vacation how worth it it was to purchase the club mobay and we'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Remember that the vans also transport people from the resorts to the airport so they have to keep them moving and sometimes you get lucky by not having a full van. Luck of the draw really.

Really helpful thanks

BTW - this new regime of updating the MB quickly is interesting isn't it. It seems to mean one quick (in this case, good) reply gets posted rather than half a dozen all replying with the same answer to the initial post.

Although I did not ask this question, I appreciate reading the answers.

We purchased Club MOBAY for our upcoming trip to CTI in February. Watching the Montego Bay Airport website, I see that there are about 7 to 8 planes arriving within 30 minutes before our flight. Figuring an average of 150 people per aircraft, that's about 1050 people arriving within 30 minutes before our flight.

I also know that the airline we are using is adding 1 direct flight from our departure location this week and another direct flight at the end of January. This is only one airline. I bet there will be several more daily flights from other airlines as tourist season really starts to kick in. It is very possible there may be even more than 8 aircraft arriving within 30 minutes before our flight by the middle of February. For us, Club MOBAY is looking better every day.

Getting back on the subject. This is sort of how I thought it would work. Couples has a general idea of how many people will be arriving every day. They setup the shuttle buses to run at regular intervals, I think every 30 minutes. Unless they would leave completely empty, unlikely during peak tourist season, it really should not matter which flight you are on or if there are other couples on your flight that did not use Club MOBAY. In other words, I don't think that the bus ride is tied in any way to your flight number.

Since we are returning guests, we will use the pre check-in service on the Romance Rewards page. I will also send Couples an email letting them know we are using Club MOBAY and we should be at the Couples Lounge shortly after we depart the aircraft just to make certain nothing goes wrong.

Only 44 more days until we return to CTI. Getting a little bit closer every day.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsiemens View Post
    My wife and I just returned from 10 days at CTI. We reluctantly booked club Mobay after the airline changed our flight to arrive later in the day. Looking at MBJ arrivals I could see that 8 planes were scheduled to arrive in the hour before we landed, which we figured to be about 2000 people arriving in the hour before us. We thought that club mobay would be worth any advantage it would give us in time. We absolutely LOVED using club mobay. Worst case scenario is we went through the hour and a half line in 10 min and we're sitting in the lounge eating and drinking while everyone else waited in line. The shuttle to CTI took off within 20 min of us being there. We arrived at the resort at least an hour before the other folks on our flight!!!! We commented our entire vacation how worth it it was to purchase the club mobay and we'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    How do you check how many planes are arriving in MBJ ?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Use your favorite Internet search page and search for Sangster International Airport, or follow the link below. On their website they will have an arrivals page. They only give the arrivals for the current day. The amount of flights per day vary. So if you are going to arrive on Saturday for example, you need to check the website on Saturday. Also, as tourist season increases, the airlines are adding more flights every day. There may be more flights on Saturday February 15th than there are on Saturday January 4th. Keep checking every week.

http://www.mbjairport.com/

You can also check flightstatus.com This allows you to look a couple days ahead.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come