Hybrid View

Default CN people...You ROCK. Great advice!

I asked about CN on 12/28 and had some reservations about the pool, rowdy folks, etc. "WOW" is all I can say about all the completely cool people that posted a reply. Seems like a real piece of bliss. I do nothing but work and find it hard to relax. After reading your great ideas and suggestions about hitting the beach when to pool is busy, or grabbing some eats whenever I feel like, etc has me really thinking CN was a great choice. I liked the idea of coffee and a book on the beach before breakfast that someone posted. That's totally me...

I hope my wife Laurie and I meet great people like you while we're there. Looking forward to the opportunity to put work and all it's stress and worry FAR behind me. We'll be there May 28-June 4th. Happy New Year.

PS. How are the shops at CN? We're hoping to get some shopping in while there.

Although we are csa loyalists, that's alot of what couples is about, relaxing and unwinding. That's what we love to do too is chill on that gorgeous beach.
    We have just been there (cn) on a trading places and they had some nice things in their gift shops. You could also do a trading places to csa and walk Long bay for some shopping too, have a great trip
    Last edited by softail19; January 2nd, 2014 at 04:51 PM.

They have one day (usually Monday) that a select group of vendors are invited to sell their stuff right on the CN property. I always enjoy this. You don't have to leave the resort and they have some good things.No one pressures you and they are only there a short time.

CN has vendors on site but they are not the same ones day to day. So if you see something you like, buy it!
    You will have an amazing trip

Tkister & Laurie,

Glad you liked the advice. I find these posts also feed all of 'the kids in us' feelings of returning to Couples Negril. Bring a travel mug from home and order room service for the morning. They will call you in the morning and bring coffee to your room A very nice treat. Pour it in and head to the beach for quiet and peace and read.
    Shopping at CN.....there are 2 shops on the resort, right in the lobby. In one shop, are some nice cover ups, jewelery, hats. The other shop has coffee, t-shirts, coffee, etc. It's a nice place to stroll around. You will also find a 'market' right on the beach on the resort. Several local vendors come and put out their crafts. It's civil, they never bug you to buy. There are also vendors that come to the beach party and they have their crafts there too. Woodwork, jewelery, paintings, etc. Bring cash for those markets.
    If you are feeling adventurous, stroll off the resort out the main gates and walk down to the 'market' but remember you are NOT on a resort so you will be offered all kinds of things. The 'market' off the resort is made up of small wood structures in a field with stuff in each. I walked into the gas station across the street and bought coffee cheaper than the airport.
    I have never gone anywhere else to shop. It was enough to see some local artisans.
    You will love this resort. We are there Feb. 5-15th so sorry we won't be there when you are there. Please ask any questions you like, it's fun for us that responds.
    We are from Ontario and it is frigid here......enjoy the heat.

Lisa

Shops at CN . . . depends on what you're looking for. There are two main shops plus the beach shack. The shack sells suntan lotion, swim goggles, lip balm, sunglasses, etc. -- as you'd expect, stuff you'd want for the beach.

The first of the two main shops sells beach clothing, some logo items, sterling silver jewelry, beach bags, and bathing suits. Selection varies but if you're a larger size, your choices in clothing will be somewhat limited. We were disappointed in the logo items -- some very small-looking T-shirts for women and polo shirts for men.

The other shop has a variety of stuff -- wood carvings, rum, hot sauce, Jamaica logo clothing items, flip flops, soaps, and other gift-type stuff. It also has what I call the "mini-pharmacy" consisting of aspirin, toothpaste, cold medicine -- that sort of thing. I also think there may be some food there but am not sure since there is SO much free food at the resort I couldn't imagine paying for more.

If you forget (or want more) toiletries, flip flops, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc., you'll find it. If you want to pick up a few gifts or souvenirs for yourself, you'll be find. If you lose your entire suitcase, different story.

Quote Originally Posted by ggo85 View Post
    Shops at CN . . . depends on what you're looking for. There are two main shops plus the beach shack. The shack sells suntan lotion, swim goggles, lip balm, sunglasses, etc. -- as you'd expect, stuff you'd want for the beach.

The first of the two main shops sells beach clothing, some logo items, sterling silver jewelry, beach bags, and bathing suits. Selection varies but if you're a larger size, your choices in clothing will be somewhat limited. We were disappointed in the logo items -- some very small-looking T-shirts for women and polo shirts for men.

The other shop has a variety of stuff -- wood carvings, rum, hot sauce, Jamaica logo clothing items, flip flops, soaps, and other gift-type stuff. It also has what I call the "mini-pharmacy" consisting of aspirin, toothpaste, cold medicine -- that sort of thing. I also think there may be some food there but am not sure since there is SO much free food at the resort I couldn't imagine paying for more.

If you forget (or want more) toiletries, flip flops, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc., you'll find it. If you want to pick up a few gifts or souvenirs for yourself, you'll be find. If you lose your entire suitcase, different story.
    We were also disappointed in the logo store. It had so little, unlike CSA or even CTI. I couldn't imagine replacing lost clothes or shoes there. Good thing we always have necessities in carry-on.

Tkister...CN will fill all of your wants,desires and needs..You will be among the world's greatest guests.
    GO.RELAX.ENJOY CN and have a Salty Dog for me.Ruff Ruff
    Hugs from Tommywommy of 10 0 C
    Attached Images Attached Images