Default CTI restaurant dress code????

We have been to Jamaica 4 times already but never to CTI. We first were at Couples Negril, then Couples Sans Souci and twice to another resort and should have on for dinner. Long pants, closed toe shoes, jacket? I would just like for them to look nice in all of the above but.......... I need to know what is required.
    I cannot however believe that I walk into a very nice restaurant that serves fine dining by candle light and I see a woman in her capri pants, t-shirt with a logo, croc (sp) shoes and a fanny pack. WHAT???? I only go out in the evening in a cocktail dress with strappy sandals and yes I have some cleavage out but only with the modesty that I would not mind my children seeing. It's fun to dress up in your pretty dresses for a week!
    Why do women think it's ok to go to dinner dressed like they are going to Wally world. It would not surprise me to see a curler in thier hair.
    Bottom line is what should I pack for my husband even though you already know what he is going to have. Hee Hee.

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.

From the Couples brochure:

Be sure to pack lots of light and comfortable clothing—and remember to include a few nice items to wear at night! We like to think we’re pretty casual, but there are a few minor dress requirements. When dining in any of our restaurants—besides the laid-back Beach Grill—during the evening hours, we request that you keep your sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops in your room. And while casual elegance is the preferred style at most of our restaurants, we request a slightly more upscale look at [the gourmet restaurant]. Men are asked to wear slacks, collared shirts, and closed shoes, while dresses, skirts, or dress pants are requested for ladies.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

The only restaurant that has a dress code is 8 RIVERS. The men need to wear long pants, polo shirt or dress shirt, and closed toes shoes. A jacket and or a tie are not required. No jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted. Most women wear a nice dress with dress sandals or dress shoes.

All the other restaurants the dress code is casual.

After a day in the sun most people go back to the room to clean up and dress up for dinner. Most men wear long pants with a nice polo or dress shirt, women a nice dress.

If you eat at the patio buffet for dinner, I have seen people wear tee shirts and crop pants.

Hope this answers your questions.
    Irie Mon

At CTI, he won't need a jacket. He will need long pants, closed toe shoes and and a collared shirt with sleeves for 8 Rivers. My hubby typically wears golf polos or tropical print short sleeve shirts and nice golf shorts in the restaurants except 8 Rivers, then he wears long pants. I wear dresses I wouldn't necessarily wear here or to work (I am a teacher). I want to dress special for my hubby and I think you will see this through out the resort with a few exceptions.
    Vicky

He won't need a jacket at CTI, just long pants, a collared shirt and closed toed shoes for the one "dressy" restaurant. You will see a myriad of styles everywhere else.

I agree with you 100%, but Stand Back for the typical backlash of " we're on vacation- we don't want to dress up" and " we don't want to pack closed toes shoes" and " are Crocs ok? they're technically closed toed" etc.

Default You are not alone!

We were at CTI in July and not only was the dress code not enforced, but at the Repeaters Dinner there was a guy there in shorts, "T" shirt and sandals. Another guy was there in shorts and sandals.
    If they are going to post requirements they should enforce them. It is not like you don't know before you go what you need.

...and just what is wrong with crocs????? LOL

Typically my husband wears nice shorts and button down shirts for dinner, with the exception of 8 Rivers, he will wear dress slacks and a nicer shirt. I wear dressier clothes than he does, but hey, I'm a girl and I'm allowed LOL. It ranges from cocktail dresses to sundresses, nice capris and tops, to just shorts and tops. I haven't ever seen anyone at CTI, that I would say was dressed inappropriately.
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by steventylerfan View Post
    We have been to Jamaica 4 times already but never to CTI. We first were at Couples Negril, then Couples Sans Souci and twice to another resort and should have on for dinner. Long pants, closed toe shoes, jacket? I would just like for them to look nice in all of the above but.......... I need to know what is required.
    Thank you soooo much for posting this it has been almost 30 days since the last what can i wear question!!
    thank you ok folks lets the suggestion fly no need to check the FAQ or search
    can those who offer suggestions please attach pics it make it easier to see what is what ...
    if you wear crocs you need sox

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    ...and just what is wrong with crocs????? LOL

Typically my husband wears nice shorts and button down shirts for dinner, with the exception of 8 Rivers, he will wear dress slacks and a nicer shirt. I wear dressier clothes than he does, but hey, I'm a girl and I'm allowed LOL. It ranges from cocktail dresses to sundresses, nice capris and tops, to just shorts and tops. I haven't ever seen anyone at CTI, that I would say was dressed inappropriately.
    bkhiattky - any suggestions for under garments? there never seems to be any suggestions about this part of attire... t bar ? thong ? i am sure the readers at home would find such hints useful ...
    ladies?

Default Thanks bunches!

You all are way too funny!
    I personally don't like crocs at all but lots of my friends have them in like twenty colors so I say to each his own with those.

Can't wait, two weeks from right now we will be at one of those fabulous restaurants and a very happy "Couple". Hee Hee

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandBrendaPA View Post
    We were at CTI in July and not only was the dress code not enforced, but at the Repeaters Dinner there was a guy there in shorts, "T" shirt and sandals. Another guy was there in shorts and sandals.
    If they are going to post requirements they should enforce them. It is not like you don't know before you go what you need.
    For some reason, that actually irks me enough to respond to this post. With all teh management and staff at these dinners, not to mention the fact that these were repeaters, I'm a bit upset here.

Show some class, folks! If you wouldn't wear it to a high-star restaurant in the States, don't wear it to 8 rivers!

I'm thinking bloomers would do nicely!!! LMAO
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    For some reason, that actually irks me enough to respond to this post. With all teh management and staff at these dinners, not to mention the fact that these were repeaters, I'm a bit upset here.

Show some class, folks! If you wouldn't wear it to a high-star restaurant in the States, don't wear it to 8 rivers!
    Maybe we should assemble some form of fashion police. KrisJamie maybe you can over see and assign folks like a air marshal will rise to the call of duty and enforce the laws as they were written. Chances are many of us will "feel better" knowing that the rules will be enforced one way or another.
    Any thoughts? i am sure we can have enough volunteers to cover most resort most weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    I'm thinking bloomers would do nicely!!! LMAO
    big granny bloomers are sexy atta girl Bkhiattky

Absolutely, they have to be the kind that come up under your boobs!!!
    Kristen

People should dress up to go to the sit down restaurants at CTI. The problem is small because very very few couples do not dress up. I would feel out of place and not enjoy the meal if I did not dress up. If you do not want to dress up, then Couples does offer the Patio buffet.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Emoticons would clear up the intent of your post, I'd think...
    Last edited by KrisJamie; September 30th, 2009 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Emoticons would clear up the intent of your post, I'd think...

No emoticon required but this time we did attach a pic

There is a lot of board traffic centering around the do's and dont of Couple's dinner attire. Many examples can be found in the search and many express how upsetting it is to be in the company of those who do not or cannt follow the dress protocol.
    A smaller section are equally upset on how this continues to happen without any consistant rule enforcement. So as my grandmother used to say if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Hence the inquiry about a board organized team to help keep the course and minimize further irking .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow, one little question about dress codes for the new people can really cause a rumble! I think we all need to just calm down and get ourselves on a plane so we can enjoy some sun and sand.
    Sorry if this was asked before, we searched and came up empty on CTI. Sorry if I stepped on toes about the crocs. Sorry if I said anything to upset anyone. From now on, all I will do is read. Promise. All I did was ask a question.

steventylerfan

Please keep asking your questions if you have them. No toes stepped on, just some options. Sometimes treads get off track and it has nothing to do with the real question. (Like this one) Relax and enjoy, we are just a big family.

Welcome to the Couples Family and Enjoy CTI!!
    Irie Mon