Thread: Pelican Bar

Default Pelican Bar

We are looking at taking a trip to the Pelican Bar in March - does anyone have suggestions as to how to book this - can it be done through the resort, or do you need to hire a private driver?

Also, should you combine it with another excursion to make a full day - I was thinking potentially YS Falls.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Jenni

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    We are looking at taking a trip to the Pelican Bar in March - does anyone have suggestions as to how to book this - can it be done through the resort, or do you need to hire a private driver?

Also, should you combine it with another excursion to make a full day - I was thinking potentially YS Falls.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Jenni
    Contact Rocky's Tours. They have a combination trip (I think on Thursday) or they will take you to the Pelican Bar on another day by yourself. We went just to Pelican and had a blast.

Here is the link:

http://rockystaxiandtourservice.com/...excursions.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

We used Rocky and it was the best trip, he is safety minded, took care of everything and made sure we had fun, can't speak highly enough about him!

We booked YS and Pelican through Kingsley James of Take Care Tours and it was $120 for the day not including entry fees and boat. It was SO worth it. Kingsley took us the scenic route through the mountain and it was gorgeous! We were able to stay as long as we wanted at each place and weren't confined with a group.
    We grabbed a boat from black river to pelican bar and we had an amazing time. Kingsley waited for us patiently. He was amazing and we felt so safe with him.
    I find it much more worthwhile to book a private driver.
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010

There is a search feature that will help....

1. Click on Search near the top right of this page
    2. Type Pelican in the Keyword box
    3. Click on the pull down box to right of the Keyword box and select "Search Titles Only"
    4. Click the "Search Now" button

You will get many hits to help you.

We were just there and booked Kingsley James takecaretours@hotmail.com. Since we had been to YS Falls and Floyd's in a previous trip we elected to do only Floyd's this time. He is great! Kingsley had rum punch for us and a cooler so we stopped to get other refreshments for the trip. He is very friendly and you are always safe. No worry's mon. We paid $30 per person and $12 per person for the boat out to Floyd's as it is a different driver. So very reasonable. Enjoy! I wish I was back there now. -30 degrees here in Minnesota!

We are heading to Negril in April, and are possibly interested in going to Floyd's. Do any of the people right on the beach offer rides to the bar, or do you have to hire a driver to take you to another place, to get a boat to take you there, like kdgangl did?

Sweetness, the beach vendors don't offer this. As far as I know.

I used Kingsley as well and can't recommend him enough.

If you go to Trip Advisor under the Jamaica forums, there is a list called THE LIST of all the reputable drivers you can book. You can email them and get quotes. We found Kingsley was the cheapest at the time we went and he will bring you beer or rum punch for the long drives if you want. He is great!
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010