Default Using Romance Rewards credit for room upgrade

We will be returning to Couples Negril in Oct 2016. We normally book a Deluxe Ocean room. This year we booked a Deluxe Garden room. We will have $150 in resort credit to spend. We want to use this credit to pay for an upgrade to the Deluxe Ocean room when we arrive. I know this is a bit of a crap shoot as the room we want may not be available. And the $150 will not be enough and we will need to kick in some more cash.

Has anyone done this before? How is it best to do this? Should I mention this when I do the on-line check in where we make our room requests? Should I wait and deal with it when we arrive?

Yes, resort credit can be used to upgrade room. We did it at CSS in December to upgrade to Beachfront Suite (I think that's what they call those ABC buildings) - worth every penny.

It absolutely can be done, we were able to accomplish last year, but we did have to do it upon arrival-so yes, it is contingent on availability. I do have one suggestion that might be useful in this endeavor, if you are interested- feel free to contact me at michaellachnit@yahoo.com. mike

We used RR credits to upgrade to a brandy new Beachfront Suite at CSS in December. We did it when we checked in (actually, after we got to our 'original' room, we decided we'd rather go for the BFS, so we went back to the front desk and upgraded then). The upgrade was $200 for us and we just so happened to have $200 in credit. It worked out well and I'm so glad we did it. Good luck!

Is this just exclusive to CSS? I asked someone on the website chat feature, if this could be done at CSA, and I was told no.

Quote Originally Posted by whitneybri View Post
    Is this just exclusive to CSS? I asked someone on the website chat feature, if this could be done at CSA, and I was told no.
    It all depends on availability of course at any resort.
    Last edited by softail19; April 19th, 2016 at 07:36 PM.