Thread: SSB hot tub

Default SSB hot tub

I had previously asked Randymon but never got an answer. Does anybody have firsthand knowledge if the new hot tub at SSB has a handrail to help get in and out of it? The pictures posted don't show just the hot tub. Just wondering. Cannot wait to use it!
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014

We just returned from CSS and SSB and Yes, there is a metal rail into the new circular hot tub. . It starts about 1 foot from the edge. It enables you to walk down the left or right side of the rail. We thought it was very nice, especially for a quick late night dip.

So the hot tub has a switch that can be turned on by anyone or does it run all the time?

We are so looking forward to the redone SSB. It has been two years since we were there and it should be quite the treat. After the redo are people still attempting to get over and use the hot tub AN in the evening?
    We sure hope you can! My wife and I would certainly like to find a group that might be interested in hiring bartender for an evening AN at SSB.

SSB soon come, 34 days, Feb 8-15

Default Look us up

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedPeggers View Post
    We are so looking forward to the redone SSB. It has been two years since we were there and it should be quite the treat. After the redo are people still attempting to get over and use the hot tub AN in the evening?
    We sure hope you can! My wife and I would certainly like to find a group that might be interested in hiring bartender for an evening AN at SSB.

SSB soon come, 34 days, Feb 8-15
    We would pitch in on getting the bartender over there in the evening. We are there feb 3 to February 17.

Mike and Heather

We hired a bartender for a night last August - before the new hot tub. We had a small group but it was a blast!

Thanks. That's exactly what I was hoping for. We are definitely looking forward to giving it a try one evening (or more!) and I know we definitely would welcome the hand railling!!

50 days ... but who's counting?! Especially since it was -18 degrees on the way to work this morning! Sure could use that hot tub about now!
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    We hired a bartender for a night last August - before the new hot tub. We had a small group but it was a blast!
    Michael, What's the cost for the bartender for the evening, what time did they start and how late will they work?

I think it was $200. She started at 9pm and went as late as we wanted - I think we finished around 1am. We all signed in when we got there and the tab was divided between the couples evenly so the more you have the less it will be. They billed it to the room. Oh, we also added a tip to this.

Quote Originally Posted by mhrob View Post
    We would pitch in on getting the bartender over there in the evening. We are there feb 3 to February 17.

Mike and Heather
    That sounds like a great idea! We will be there from Feb 8 to Feb 15 and would be more than up for sharing the cost of a bartender for an evening. It would be great to get a few others as well. Anyone else in?
    Gary & Sonya

That sounds like a great idea! We will be there from Feb 8 to Feb 15 and would be more than up for sharing the cost of a bartender for an evening. It would be great to get a few others as well. Anyone else in?
    Gary & Sonya
    We would be interested in this, depending on the cost. We'll be there Feb. 11-15.

Mike & Heather / Dalre,
    A few more couples (that would keep the cost down per couple) and we could be good to go for a SSB hot tub evening! Has anyone tried to organize something like this before with people you have never met or seen? Would we try and agree on a date once we get there and meet or chat about it on this thread?

We planned ours with couples that we met after we got there. We had about 10 who agreed to come but for whatever reason only about 6 showed up. We didn't care - it was a blast and worth every penny!!

This sounds like a good time. What is the charge for hiring the bartender? Obviously the more participants, the lower the cost...

Quote Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
    This sounds like a good time. What is the charge for hiring the bartender? Obviously the more participants, the lower the cost...
    Look a few posts up - I answered that already!

Why pay for a bartender? Just have everyone bring booze down from their mini bar. ;-)

If a group hires a bartender for the evening does that then make what they are doing at SSB a 'private function' in the sense that people not with that group would be turned away from using the bar and/or other facilities at SSB if they showed up there in the evening? I don't care for the idea of private functions in public spaces at an All-Inclusive resort. That has been the downfall of of another A-I I know for many people who have felt like they did not have access to parts of the resort that every A-I guest has paid to use during their stay because a private group was allowed exclusive use of part of the resort for a time. So how does that work if a group is allowed to hire their own bartender to open the bar at SSB at night? Just curious about the details of how that works. This is a tricky issue with a slippery slope attached to it I fear.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cpanddp View Post
    Why pay for a bartender? Just have everyone bring booze down from their mini bar. ;-)
    We've done that, and it works pretty well, but it is nice to have a bartender who knows how to properly mix drinks! You can do it yourself, but most people tend to get worse at it as the night goes on! :-)

Mike & Heather / Dalre,
    A few more couples (that would keep the cost down per couple) and we could be good to go for a SSB hot tub evening! Has anyone tried to organize something like this before with people you have never met or seen? Would we try and agree on a date once we get there and meet or chat about it on this thread?
    Gary & Sonya/Mike & Heather,

Why don't we move this discussion to the Feb. meet-up thread?

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    If a group hires a bartender for the evening does that then make what they are doing at SSB a 'private function' in the sense that people not with that group would be turned away from using the bar and/or other facilities at SSB if they showed up there in the evening? I don't care for the idea of private functions in public spaces at an All-Inclusive resort. That has been the downfall of of another A-I I know for many people who have felt like they did not have access to parts of the resort that every A-I guest has paid to use during their stay because a private group was allowed exclusive use of part of the resort for a time. So how does that work if a group is allowed to hire their own bartender to open the bar at SSB at night? Just curious about the details of how that works. This is a tricky issue with a slippery slope attached to it I fear.
    Thanks!

No slippery slope actually. The SSB beach bar is typically closed at night. If someone had shown up that wasn't part of the group that planned in they would have signed in just like everyone else, gotten naked and had a great time - and the cost would have been a little less for each couple. There are private events all over the resort every night - couples having private dinners and weddings - and those don't cause problems either.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    Thanks!
    When we went to the SSB one night a group had hired a bartender, it was no big deal. There was a few more people then other nights, but no one said anything about us being there. We just didn't go up to the bar, even though I m sure the group wouldn't of minded as long as we chipped in.