Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Boomer you have nailed it....if they have to have that spot, let them have it. My only experience with this was in Cancun where you had to pay extra to have a shaded spot. But I believe that if you are brazen enough to throw a towel on a chair, leave it there most of the day, with out using it, and turn around yell at someone because they moved your stuff for not using it, you probably live your life a very broke person that believes that your money and time is worth more than anyone else's. I for one will move your stuff, and when you come back, I will give your spot back to you. But understand this, space un-used is wasted, and so is my time arguing with a someone over a spot on a beach that anyone can wake up early to get is wasted. BUT, I will find out when you reserve that spot and I will beat you to the punch, but not to sit in that spot, but to rather piss you off. Granted, there will be others that get mad at any spot being reserved, but my joy at watching you get mad will be worth it. I will in turn, seek out the person that really wanted that spot and make sure that they get it. I will not only do this once, but for the whole time that I am there. So, when I take your spot, and you come back mad as hell, and I give it back to you with a smile, but understand, I wake up everyday at 5:30 AM everyday with out an alarm clock. IRIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicanmecrazymon View Post
    I was at CN 12/28-1/3; the only seat saving that I found remotely objectionable was for hammocks on the beach. Since there are only 2 or 3 on the property, they should be strictly first-come first-served imo.
    People save a hammock for the day? That doesn't seem right, but I'm sure it happens.

My gripe about saving chairs is when a couple saves 2 sets of chairs. One in the shade and one in the sun...and they move back and forth between them. Pick one set and use those. If you want shade, go sit at the bar or they do have tables in the shade which aren't always being used. Or keep the set in the shade and take your towel out in the sun to sit for a while. Just don't utilize 2 sets of chairs please.

We have to save all year for our vacation so we make sure we get the most from our hard earned dollars. I get up early anyway so around 4:00 am I'll get up and place a towel and book in the best shady spot on the beach we can find. I make sure we have the newest floaties in sight and will get two more for when we want to go in the water. That way we don't have to use a wet floatie when we get back. There are plenty so I don't get what the issue is. We also reserve two chairs and a table by the pool. Early bird gets the worm and I/we usually go the the pool after lunch to cool off. We bring custom chair covers with our initials and pockets that hang off the side to be sure people know not to try and move our stuff when we are not there. I din't get why people give us dirty looks when we decide to use OUR chairs at the pool. I have tried to put our towels and books on chairs the night before so I don't have to get up so early but sometimes there are workers arranging chairs late in the evening.

Of course I am kidding. For us, the best thing about couples is the opportunity to relax and let go of all of the hassles of everyday life. We love to spend time together as a coupe and enjoy the natural beauty of Jamaica. We take walks on the beach holding hands and count our blessings that we have each other. The last thing on our minds is what chair other people are using.

That's the problem, I mean you are the problem B and K. That's selfish, YOU DON'T NEED 4 FLOATIES!!! Think about other people that can't find a floatie because you have 4 ! Geez that pisses me off and I don't care what you think, that's just rude !

I got so mad b and k 's post I didn't read it all until now. Actually you are hogging 6 floaties, 4 at the beach and 2 more at the pool ,OUTRAGEOUS! You don't sound like you're kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    That's the problem, I mean you are the problem B and K. That's selfish, YOU DON'T NEED 4 FLOATIES!!! Think about other people that can't find a floatie because you have 4 ! Geez that pisses me off and I don't care what you think, that's just rude !
    Hey softail - read ALL of B and K's post...

Nice one B and K!

When I first read B and K's post, I was furious at their arrogance. It wasn't until I reached the end that I realized they were poking fun. It already looks like a few have missed that!

B and K, love your post..."custom chair covers"....

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    You don't sound like you're kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by B and K View Post
    Of course I am kidding.
    Easy now. They're just satirizing "those people".

Pretty sure B & K is being facetious.

Soft, Me think it be time for a cold Red Stripe.

Ok, whatever, but unfortunately there are people like that.

I think we should all have a Red Stripe! I will go first....

I have to apologize for my tongue-in-cheek chair hoarding tale. My intention wasn't to upset anyone. Soft, I owe you a cold red stripe! The point I was trying to demonstrate is that there will always be rude and inconsiderate people. Rules won't change that. However, you can choose how you respond to acts of rudeness and selfishness. My personal view is that being a guest with your loved one at couples is a privilege that so many in this world will never know. Some that have shared "paradise" with the love of their life in the past will never again because of illness or tragic loss. With that in mind, I choose to smile when I see the few selfish acts that are bound to happen. Rather than counting how many floaties someone else is using, I would rather spend my time counting the many ways I love my wife and all of the blessings we have. Corny I know but so true.

No Red Stripe for softail...I have reserved all of them for me!

Quote Originally Posted by BarDar View Post
    Soft, Me think it be time for a cold Red Stripe.
    Good idea. We all could use a Red Stripe.

Life is good

Classic! I love it when it when folks don't read in totality and then fire off responses that make them.... well.... foolish.
    The post was definately tongue in cheek.... The custom chair covers was a nice touch... and of course the "trying to reserve chairs the night before"... that is hilarious!

Thread of the year and it's only 14 days in.

You can't fix stupid or rude.

B and K! I love your approach to life! One Love and safe travels!:-)

Hasn't this ridiculous discussion run it's course yet? There is plenty of seating people! Give it a rest already.
    Admin...time to close this thread. PLEASE...It's really a senseless conversation.

I may have looked silly but unless you've had your stuff dumped, had to search for floaties or chairs because of . Imsomebody like that, you don't know how I feel. There are WAY too many self centered people. I don't play that game. I should have read the whole post initially. I'm sick if this thread now
    Last edited by softail19; January 16th, 2014 at 12:01 PM.

i have to say we were at CSA in December 2013 & there was a couple who "reserved" a palapa everyday but they pulled the chairs out from under it to be in the sun but left their stuff under the palapa. for the most part they were either in the ocean or in the sun but their stuff was well shaded. i found it to be inconsiderate but it didn't ruin my vacation. For us my fair skinned irishman needs to be in the shade & i prefer the sun so he has his chair in the shade & i have mine in the sun & we would have no problem sharing a palapa with someone else who needed the shade as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cpanddp View Post
    Hasn't this ridiculous discussion run it's course yet? There is plenty of seating people! Give it a rest already.
    Admin...time to close this thread. PLEASE...It's really a senseless conversation.
    Here's a novel idea for you, if it's not something you're interested in, then don't open and read it. It's pretty simple.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4