Thread: chair wars

Default chair wars

We are heading back to CSS in 96 days!! Woot! Woot! We haven't been there in five years, and I can't remember if chair wars are a problem there....you know...when people wake up at an ungodly time to put towels, books, etc on a beach chair. We would like to be able sleep in, maybe enjoy breakfast on our balcony, and still be able to get chairs at the beach. We are fine if we have to be out in the sun....that's what we are going to Jamaica for! Somebody please tell me that there are enough chairs for everybody...no matter what time of the day we decide to hit the beach.

If you go out too early to save your chair, the staff will remove your items and you will lose your place. Not sure of the exact time. But yes, there are some inconsiderate people who will get chairs and not use them for most of the day.

In our experience, we have always been able to find chairs and a nice sunny spot. Sometimes I may need to drag a chair half way across the beach, but if you look you should be able to find chairs and a table.

Only been there once to css, never had a problem.

Hi,
    We have been to all of the Couples Resorts and not having a chair has never been a problem. One of our favorite is CSS and they seem to have more chairs than guests -- and so far always available is shade or sun. Certainly some of the "prime" spots have been reserved early (and then they may not use them to late afternoon if at all) but again, there are plenty of chairs and floats. This is one of the real positives of Couples.

Just got back from CSA and there were chairs saved. Staff was not removing anything.

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Wow. Two chair threads revived on the same day!

Quote Originally Posted by trhops View Post
    Just got back from CSA and there were chairs saved. Staff was not removing anything.
    Love the photo.

Life is good

No problems at css - they added several palapas and more trees this year so no-one should feel the need to reserve.

The mineral pool can get a bit crowded in the mornings, but remember there is a small Sandy area next to the gym and they will get more chairs out if needed.

This is a Nicely phrased thread with no "hating going on". Just thought I would share - we are early risers - we usually play badminton on the beach at 7.00 and then go straight to breakfast. After a shower and change we are usually on the loungers by 7.45 at which point we "stake our spot" for the morning / day etc. after a swim or read, we may leave the seats at 10.00 and go for a walk or an aerobic class, but bear in kind we have already used the seats for a couple of hours or so and return again after a shower a little later - then probably stay put all afternoon. So if you are rising (as is your prerogative, you are on holiday) at 10.30 and see a saved spot and no one there - please don't assume it has been empty all morning - in my case it will have been well used. I rely on the staff to know who has been around and they are good at it, actually chatting with the pool guy as he cleans has been a wonderful experience many times, so please don't jump to conclusions. On the other hand if you creep down with a towel at 7.00 and don't show at all until 10.30, expect a comment as that is simply discourteous!

JULSWH, well said. I'm usually up at 6am and do similar things. But when we reserve a chair we are in it more then 80% of the time.

I get up early, have breakfast and a swim then play tennis. My conscience is clear holding my spot.

Default Chair

Quote Originally Posted by Bargamon View Post
    I get up early, have breakfast and a swim then play tennis. My conscience is clear holding my spot.
    if you are not there you should not be using it. Its about time that couples starts to have a policy about people leaving towels when they are not there.

At CN (and likely all of the resorts) they have the chairs in rows along the beach. My wife and I got out early one day & grabbed a couple of chairs in the front row - perfect view of the water. While we were out for a swim, a group of 6 or 8 knuckleheads decided they liked our location, so they grabbed some chairs and dragged them down right in front of us (so now we are no longer in the front row). I just shook my head. The kicker was that they dumped their stuff off at those seats and then were gone all day. Like I said...knuckleheads.

God, do you people ever stop? Plenty of chairs / shade / palapas / umbrellas to go around on SSB. They recently added many more....more than there are guests over there. Seriously people let it go and enjoy your vacation.

hi,
    We have been to all 4 of the Couples resorts and one of our favorite is CSS. In all of the times that we have been, there has never been a problem of getting chairs and especially at CSS, sun or shade. Yes, if we get out there late (11am or later) we may not get one of our ideal spots -- but it is still available and there is shade space and of course always sun. Couples of all of the resorts we have been is one of the best re chairs and spots. Plus we do love the floats.

Bottom line, there is plenty -- relax and enjoy. (and of course, there are always some that spot their places and never show or are only there for a couple of minutes). No worry -- it's all good.

Yes, Bert, the same thing happened to us last time we were there. People need to "grow up". and live with the saying that the Jamaicans have "respect". Love it. Will not stop me from returning though. We just find someplace else then.
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    At CN (and likely all of the resorts) they have the chairs in rows along the beach. My wife and I got out early one day & grabbed a couple of chairs in the front row - perfect view of the water. While we were out for a swim, a group of 6 or 8 knuckleheads decided they liked our location, so they grabbed some chairs and dragged them down right in front of us (so now we are no longer in the front row). I just shook my head. The kicker was that they dumped their stuff off at those seats and then were gone all day. Like I said...knuckleheads.
    Sometimes one has to move when the knuckle heads awaken and start afresh. Wedding Hen parties get drunker and louder as the day goes on.

Naturally they always find you.