Default Nervous Newby to CSA

I am sure this has been addressed several times. We are new to CSA and can't wait to get there in early Nov. I am worried about the shoe dress code for women. I am a nurse and hang out in tennis shoes and flip flops all the time. I don't own dress shoes. I am worried about what to wear to dinner at night. In the past when we have gone to Mexico A/I resorts, I have worn capri pants or a skirt with nice flip flops (beaded etc., not like old navy rubber ones) will this be ok there? I have searched all around the clearance sales in my area for nice summer sandals with or without heals and can't find any. Also, can hubby wear Keen sandals that are close toed with khaki pants to dinner? We are looking forward to going for the first time, just hate dressing up on vacation. Please let me know what to pack.

No worries, mon! The shoes you described will be fine! And only one restaurant (Feathers) has the strict dress code so if it's that big of a deal, you can eat at the other places. Don't be stressed I'd be happy to share our pictures of CSA if you'd like to see what we wear (amy.welch@hotmail.com).

Hope this helps!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by beachtorelax View Post
    I am sure this has been addressed several times. We are new to CSA and can't wait to get there in early Nov. I am worried about the shoe dress code for women. I am a nurse and hang out in tennis shoes and flip flops all the time. I don't own dress shoes. I am worried about what to wear to dinner at night. In the past when we have gone to Mexico A/I resorts, I have worn capri pants or a skirt with nice flip flops (beaded etc., not like old navy rubber ones) will this be ok there? I have searched all around the clearance sales in my area for nice summer sandals with or without heals and can't find any. Also, can hubby wear Keen sandals that are close toed with khaki pants to dinner? We are looking forward to going for the first time, just hate dressing up on vacation. Please let me know what to pack.
    Yes ! the first shoe question of october !!! atta girl
    think crocs!!

Don't even bring shoes. We wore our flip flops 24/7 and had the best time ever.What a place. Can't wait to go back.Favour....tell MaKeisha and Tashell at the Bamboo Bar on the beach Marcus and Lauren said Hi!!!!

Default shoes

Buy a pair of fancy sandals. Really it's not much to do -experience all that you paid for. I am actually at the resort now. Two of the restaurants require resort dress, basically no shorts, flip flops or sports t-shirts. After dinner you can always put back on the flip flops. I have with me 1 pair of fancy sandals and a casual pair. Haven't worn the fancy one's yet but for me it's only day 2. There is a store here that has a small selection of clothing so don't worry.

You and your husband will be perfect! I wear dressy (if you can call it that) flip flops (as you described) and my husband brings 1 pair of closed toe sandals or shoes (only needed at Feathers). It is worth your husband bringing them for Feathers (yummy). Be sure to bring a light sweater or wrap for the evening ( Feathers AC is cranked). HAVE A BLAST!!! We are going for trip #5 in March!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    Yes ! the first shoe question of october !!! atta girl
    think crocs!!
    lol!

Default summer sandals

Not sure if you're still looking for summer sandals, but Target.com has alot of cute ones on clearance. I just got several pairs for my trip!
    Ben and Jenny
    CSA & CN- November 3-11, 2009

Think they will allow my Danskos? I don't know if I can make it a week without them. haha just kidding
    Terri, RN

That is totally finally a nice flip flop will will work! Lemongrass says they have a dress code but we saw couples in there with shorts and t-shirts