Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    312

    Default Club Montego Bay

    I purchased the service and for the life of me I can't remember if I need any kind of paperwork to show that I paid for this service. It does show Arrival. fast Track Club Mobay on the paperwork my TA gave me. Is this enough?
    Thanks all!!! 36 days til CSS!!!
    One Love,
    Mya

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myapapya View Post
    I purchased the service and for the life of me I can't remember if I need any kind of paperwork to show that I paid for this service. It does show Arrival. fast Track Club Mobay on the paperwork my TA gave me. Is this enough?
    Thanks all!!! 36 days til CSS!!!
    They email you a confirmation pdf file. The instructions say to print it and bring it with you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    177

    Default

    We also purchased Club MOBAY through our travel agent. All we got from them is a coupon. Here is what I did.

    I emailed Club MOBAY. priority@vipattractions.com

    I explained that we purchased this package through a travel agent. In my email I included the reservation number on the coupon from our travel agent, the full names of the people included in the travel, the date we arrive at Sangster International Airport, the flight number, the arrival time, and told them we are going to Couples resort.

    The same day I received a response verifying our purchase and a confirmation number. They also attached a PDF document with some general instructions on how to use this VIP service. This gave us a little peace of mind.

    For us, I think using Club MOBAY is a good move. We will be traveling on a Sunday. Lately, there averages about 8 airplanes arriving at Sangster within 30 minutes before our flight. Figuring an average of 150 people per airplane, that's about 1050 people arriving 30 minutes before us. Also, I know that the airline we are using will be adding flights at the end of January. This is only 1 airline from one airport. I bet traffic through Sangster is only going to increase as tourist season really kicks in.

    The last time we went to Jamaica, we also went around the same date and time on a Sunday. We were in line at Customs and Immigration for over 2 1/2 hours. We never want to do this again, especially knowing what what's on the other side.

    Only 38 more days until we return to CTI. Getting a little closer every day

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Ice-blue48
    We leave in 35 days. When should I expect the email from Club MoBay.
    Mad Jack, we too stood in line for 2 hours one year!! Since then, fast track every time!!
    Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated.
    One Love,
    Mya

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myapapya View Post
    Ice-blue48
    We leave in 35 days. When should I expect the email from Club MoBay.
    Mad Jack, we too stood in line for 2 hours one year!! Since then, fast track every time!!
    Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated.
    You should have got it right away after they took your credit card information. I would call or email them to ask for the confirmation letter. priority@vipattractions.com 1-876-619-1565.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    I just ordered Club Mobay and received my email confirmation almost immediately (within the hour). If you did not get it the same day, you should call or email them again.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    312

    Default

    We'll that kinda bothers me. I emailed my TA, if she doesn't get back to me by tomorrow, I will call personally.
    Ice_blue48, thank you so much for the number and email. That puts my mind at ease.
    One Love,
    Mya

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myapapya View Post
    We'll that kinda bothers me. I emailed my TA, if she doesn't get back to me by tomorrow, I will call personally.
    Ice_blue48, thank you so much for the number and email. That puts my mind at ease.
    My TA called Club Mobay, they forgot to add the paperwork for the fast track. Geez, she sent to me, printed it out and all ready to go. Thanks again the help 29 days.
    One Love,
    Mya

  9. #9

    Default

    Could someone please describe Club Mobay? I don't remember this offering from our trip 3 years ago. Thanks!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    I just ordered Club Mobay and received my email confirmation almost immediately (within the hour). If you did not get it the same day, you should call or email them again.
    Did you orderd it via their website. If so, did they contact you for payment?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •