Default Csa review 12/28-1/4

We booked beachfront premier..
    First time ever long wait at airport.. We been to couples Jamaica three times.. Tower isle second trip to swept away..

Upon arrival late not couples fault.. We got our welcome drink, towel and showed to room.. At first all seemed just as good as last visit.. We unoacked I was disappointed no tub like in great house two years ago.. But said ok go with flow.. It is old room so ok no tub ok.. Upon showering no shower curtain first floor 1126.. So water went all over bathroom floor.. Ok but great view on side cause front porch had huge trees and bushes ok still nice..

Dinner at patios that night excellent service and was lobster night food was delicious so was the bottle of champagne I drank.. But unfortunately we went to night club upstairs on my way down stairs twisted ankle I very painfully got to room.. I don't blame resort that was purely my dumb luck.. Woke up in pain.. Hubbie called nurse said ice it but couldn't get ice till bar opened at 9.. And offered nothing to help so used wash rag it wobbled to breakfast.. But after few hours pain was gone cause whole foot swollen..

Sunday breakfast ya did have to stAnd in line while they cook eggs.. I missed it being on buffet..We still spent Sunday on beach..lunch I was disappointed in variety at buffet so we went to pool restraunt but ya can only eat that so many times.. Two years ago ya ate like queen at buffet.. And went to local restraunt for dinner but wasn't a good one down street..

Monday we called nurse again cause I thought odd pain subsided but my foot was pretty big with swelling finally she offered a zip lock to ice it.. And said dr is 250.. We still went to couples negril for the day! We were oh my god this is the lunch we had two years ago at swept away.. The beach front suite was amazing.. Bathroom huge with jacuzzi.. Back to swept away, repeat dinner, we sat with general manager she said they switched managers from negril to swept away she was at negril two years ago.. So that explains it.. And lobster was disappointment ya had to search for it on ya plate like two inches.. Not at all like two years ago.. Although the service was excellent as usual.. We went to night club bar tenders are wonderful..

New Year's Eve day we spent by pool and ate at buffet.. We noticed our room air was leaking water we called to have fixed.. Seemed to be fixed.. New Year's Eve was lovely reception party food was great entertainment was great exactly like two years ago.. Except it was lobster night two years ago so food seemed more plentiful then.. Anyway still had great night enjoyed lighting lanterns ..

New Year's Day we did the beach again but didn't see anything appetizing to eat for lunch so we went to jimmy buffets..then 4 ish was ricks cafe but before we left we realized air was still leaking called to have fix. When we came back from ricks nothing had been done.. So we called again claimed we had don't disturb on door but we didn't.. While getting ready for dinner maintence guy said was condensation and put air on higher well after he left water leaking only got worse spraying off window as well.. We called again they offered to change room to upstairs room in same building we gave them another chance to fix while at dinner lemongrass.. Dinner at lemon grass for me was plenty of food was too full for dessert but my husband wasn't too excited about selection.. After dinner found air still leaking lots of water so we called said we want to be moved.. And they say will call back but after 10 mins we went to lobby I'm not wasting our trip by phone.. So they moved us upstairs..

1226 room was smaller than downstairs not much of view either.. But I said to myself just for last few days.. So be it.. Closet had more shelves, shower had curtain so water wasn't everywhere.. Dinner at feathers.. Then. Igbo club my husband over did it with shots.. So thank you to the workers and security guard who put my husband on cart pushed him to room and carried him up the stair, the service at the resort is impeccable, but due to food selection, repeat dinner almost non existent lobster, and air conditioner issues we probably won't be back to swept away..

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I also saw your review on Trip Advisor. There have been changes in CSA over the years. For example, I do miss the scrambled eggs at the breakfast buffet at The Palms.

I'm sorry to hear about your ankle, and as you said, it's not the resorts fault. There are ice machines located throughout the property where you could have gotten ice had you asked. It's also not the resorts fault that the doctor is an extra charge. You should see what they charge for a doctor's visit on a cruise ship!

The repeaters dinner has never offered large portions, even smaller portions than Feathers in my experience. I don't think you can blame them for only offering a small piece of lobster, though. It seems like this was a huge issue for you in your Trip Advisor review. Many AIs don't even offer lobster.

As far as the air conditioning unit, that is too bad about the leak. But maintenance issues happen. I was on a business trip this week, staying at an Embassy Suites hotel, and there was a major problem with the room and it was not fixed during my stay. I got the feeling they did not have their "A" staff working. But I would definitely stay at an Embassy Suites again. They had an off day. And as I told the housekeeper, the day can only get better from this.

It sounds like CSA is simply not a good fit for "ya."

It was two years ago.. And the lobster at repeat dinner was big portion then as well as tower isle year before.. And when my husband asked they never told us about ice machines.. I noticed them later which we did use.. But after paying close to 6000 for the week I expected better.. Sorry if I offended anyone but it was an honest review and I would not of been upset about the food the air condition leak was just the last straw for us.. So I did a honest review.. So hopefully they will improve for future guests that's all I may consider couples negril in the future but doubt we will go back to swept away...

So you had a swollen foot from a badly twisted ankle in which you called the Nurse who said to ice and didn't offer anything more....but yet, you went and spent the day at Negril? You don't mention that you needed any ice at Negril or sought a Nurse there. Husband and I met the Nurse several times in passing, very very nice person. Seemed very attentive about our stay.

As far as small servings, you do realize that you can order additional portions right? We did...we even ordered a Shrimp Pizza to take back to our room.Lobsters are small in Jamaican, not like Maine Lobsters. We had friends there that had two-three Lobsters a piece, all you have to do is ask for more.

The breakfast buffet was outstanding- so you had to stand in line and wait for your eggs-if you had gone to Patois, you could of had your eggs served to you...We ate at both all week, alternating and never had to wait more then 5-10 min for anything.... Yeah, sounds like CSA is not for you...

I did ice it in negril.. I also got stung by a bee there but I didn't mention in review because everything else was great there.. Not two years ago the lobster was as big as lobster night at repeat dinner.. And 2010 as well at tower isle...

I complained because the selection of food was less at swept away then was two years ago sorry.. Buffet was much more two years ago it was almost like New Year's Eve every day.. That's my complaint being here before when it was at its best food wise.. Then the changes.. For first timers may be great.. If we had same experience as two years ago we would be coming back again and again.. Two years ago ya didn't have to ask for more.. Unless at feathers..

My foot complaint was they wouldn't give us zip loc bag or anything for ice till a day later.. I also didn't say we didn't have wonderful time we made most of the trip but I just gave my honest review so maybe it will improve for future guests..

My wife hurt her ankle after midnight and we got a doctor within an hour who gave her pain pills and we used the ice from the ice machines that are scattered all over the buildings. Used our travel insurance to pay the bill and they have her crutches for the rest of the trip.

To me it sounds like that ruined your time and you found negativity in everything around you.

Butterfly, don't you mean "ya"?! I had to see the Nurse on a recent trip. Male nurse, awesome!!! The doctor was $250, yes. Compare that to any emergency service in the US and I will bet you pay triple or more in US. The doctor was there within 25 minutes...he, too, was awesome!

As has been said, the lobsters in Jamaica (same as here in Florida) are very tiny..which is why we order double IF we even bother with it. Maybe I just don't get what all the fuss over lobster is.

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing about having to stand in line for fresh, made to order eggs, as opposed to undercooked, runny eggs on a buffet. Having been to many resorts and hotels, breakfast typically takes 15-20 minutes to be served.. I love standing there and chatting with other guests and with Kesha, my favorite egg chef!

Ya... I'm a huge CSA fan, but also find very thing is Irie when we are home in Jamaica! Butterfly, I love your comments on the boards!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Butterfly, don't you mean "ya"?! I had to see the Nurse on a recent trip. Male nurse, awesome!!! The doctor was $250, yes. Compare that to any emergency service in the US and I will bet you pay triple or more in US. The doctor was there within 25 minutes...he, too, was awesome!

As has been said, the lobsters in Jamaica (same as here in Florida) are very tiny..which is why we order double IF we even bother with it. Maybe I just don't get what all the fuss over lobster is.

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing about having to stand in line for fresh, made to order eggs, as opposed to undercooked, runny eggs on a buffet. Having been to many resorts and hotels, breakfast typically takes 15-20 minutes to be served.. I love standing there and chatting with other guests and with Kesha, my favorite egg chef!

Ya... I'm a huge CSA fan, but also find very thing is Irie when we are home in Jamaica! Butterfly, I love your comments on the boards!
    Ya Suzi .. Yes, Male Nurse, and he is a cutie. Thank God didn't need his services, but maybe next time I will fake a faint and swoon into his arms <evil grin>....