Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: March 2014

Default March 2014

We Just booked...the countdown begins...
    Ron& Sue...3/16-3/23

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

We can't wait, will they be serving green Red Stripe on the island on St. Patty's day? Can I bring my little leprechaun? Do they still have the penguin pool there?

Does anyone one know if the island bowling alley is still in operation? What about the island horseback riding tour?

See you in March!

Jim & Linda

Very excited...not sure if any others from last year will be there too...was a great mix of people!

ronsuefan,

We will be at CTI March 17th-23rd as well. This will be our first time to Jamaica. We are very excited.

So tired of winter!!! But so happy we are booking our trip back to CTI for March 17-23rd!!!! Cannot wait!!!! Jim & Linda....let me in on the secret of the island bowling alley and horseback tour???!!!! This will be our 9th trip to Couples and our 3rd to CTI. Let the countdown begin!!

JoyandMike....agree with you...tired of winter. This is our first trip to CTI. Is it as nice as it looks???

We "LOVE" Couples Robbi! I'm sure you will too!!! It is even nicer!! The food is awesome, the staff is incredible and we just love going to relax and get away. Are you going to try the island? You really should!! People are super friendly and you will have an amazing time. We spend most of our time there. If you have any questions, just ask! We will be glad to help with the answers!

Joy and Mike,
    The Island bowling alley and island horseback riding were the brain-children of Crabracer, who has spent many sun-filled days dreaming about what to do with the many acres of land which is "the Island". It should probably be said that he has also been known to imbibe in numerous cocktails while contemplating infinity as well. I like to think of him as the visionary of CTI.

I also believe that Crabracer thought of bowling and horseback riding as much safer sports than naked horseshoes, which was known to have caused many hard to explain injuries from misguided "ringers".

Hope to see you on the island, we'll be there from 3/15-3/23.

Jim & Linda

Roll Call :
    Sue n Ron 3/16-3/23
    Robbi 3/17- 3/23
    Joy n Mike 3/17 -3/23
    Linda n Jim 3/15 - 3/23

Joy and Mike - thank you! We are getting more and more excited every day! Is it worth it going on the Margaritaville excursion on Monday night? And is the Beach BBQ as fun as it sounds?
    ronsuefan - Roll call - it will be Robbi and Craig. (This is my anniversary present from him!) And we actually leave on the 22nd.

Roll Call :
    Sue n Ron 3/16-3/23
    Robbi n Craig 3/17- 3/22
    Joy n Mike 3/17 -3/23
    Linda n Jim 3/16 - 3/23

Robbi,
    I corrected the date and added you hubbies name...was never in charge of roll call before...lol! I can assure you that you will love the "couples" experience. Every year my husband and I contemplate...where should we go...should we try something new...and every year we return to couples. The people are great...the food and staff is amazing...when I walk off the bus and enter the lobby at tower isle...I know I'm "home"!

Ron & Sue - more questions...sorry just getting very excited and don't want anything to go wrong. Should we book Club MoBay for the arrival, departure bundle? And how long is the wait at the airport for the transportation to the resort? I have already signed up for the Romance Rewards and I see I can pre check-in on there and I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
    Ron & Sue - more questions...sorry just getting very excited and don't want anything to go wrong. Should we book Club MoBay for the arrival, departure bundle? And how long is the wait at the airport for the transportation to the resort? I have already signed up for the Romance Rewards and I see I can pre check-in on there and I will do that.
    My wife and I just decided today that we might book last minute, the lure of the island is too much to resist...again. This would be our third time, so I decided to creep on the Meetup page for March and see who was all going to be there. Sounds like a fun squad so far! As for the wait at the airport, that's when your Couples experience starts. Always nice to slip into the washroom, change into your Jamaican duds and then they serve you some cold Red Stripe right on the spot. The longest we've waited there was 20 minutes, and if you're not done your beer by then, just take it with ya! It's about an hour and a half or so to the resort from there. If your room isn't ready, they can usually accommodate you in a temporary room. This is where we would HIGHLY recommend helping each other out with the sunscreen and then make a mad dash for the island ferry! DON'T wait until the last day!! You'll be sorry! Haha....hopefully get to see you all there (help us celebrate our 2-year anniversary!)

Robbi- the wait at customs depends on your arrival time..we arrive by 8:30am and never wait long..you might want to search forum for others' experiences. We did club mobay for departure last year and it was worth it...comfy chairs... wifi...cocktails n snacks. As for the wait in couples lounge...never waited more than 30 min. Just enough time for a red stripe and to change n throw on some flip flops. I recommend you use the ladies room before getting on the bus to the resort...most of the time we don't stop...just too excited to get there. I already did my pre check in...usually crazy busy before we leave. We also do online check in for both flights...saves some time. Hope that's helpful...if you have any more questions feel free to ask :-)

Robbi-
    We used club Mobay for the first time last year, it was well worth it. We have waited in line for hours to clear immigration and customs, and vowed never to lose another minute of our vacation waiting in lines again. We were whisked through immigration on the way in, and through security/customs on the way out, right past the poor souls waiting in long lines. Once you get into the departure lounge, you get free drinks and a light buffet (just in case you haven't eaten or drank within the past 1 1/2 hours, lol).
    Unlike Ron & Sue, we don't use the facilities before we leave the Couples lounge, as we find that "unfortunate accidents" give the driver an incentive to get us to the resort ASAP!
    See you in 46 Days!

Jim & Linda

We called in for SR 7 day split and from emails it looks like CTI March 4,5,6 CSS 7-11 I guess things could change
    We are excited about visiting these resorts been to CN 2X
    Anybody want to play golf ? I'm a 10 handicap my wife does not play.she's the BeachQueen, I will play with any skill level, we could have a match or just bang it around Looking to play early every day Wake&Bake Sat & Sun - less traffic, will play the White Witch - ezlinks has discount tee times, back for lunch..... Who's in ? One day or every day ?

We called in for SR 7 day split and from emails it looks like CTI March 4,5,6 CSS 7-11 I guess things could change
    We are excited about visiting these resorts been to CN 2X
    Anybody want to play golf ? I'm a 10 handicap my wife does not play.she's the BeachQueen, I will play with any skill level, we could have a match or just bang it around Looking to play early every day Wake&Bake Sat & Sun - less traffic, will play the White Witch - ezlinks has discount tee times, back for lunch..... Who's in ? One day or every day ? Otherwise I'll see you at the Bar

Ron & Sue, Jim & Linda, Welcome Hendy.. Can't wait.. Counting down the days... Thanks for all the info... I think I will book Club Mobay. Is the Margaritaville trip worth it on Monday night after the Beach BBQ??

Robbi-
    Just our personal experience... They transform Margaritaville into a night club on Monday nights (the bus leaves late at night and brings you back in the early morning). I found it to be a little too loud for my personal taste, but then again, I'm in my 50s, so it may be to your liking. We had gone with another couple and we took a taxi back to the hotel.

They also give you a "free" large souvenir cup, which they will fill with the frozen drink of your choice for a premium price. We usually go to margaritaville on a day when the cruise ships are in town, have lunch and a few cocktails, as margaritaville is at the cruise ship port in the shopping area, where the shop owners are not that pushy/rude, and know how to take a "no thank you" for what it means.

Again, the younger folks seem to really enjoy it, so give it a try, you may love it.

The beach Party is amazing! It's too bad that it's on the same night as the repeaters' dinner, as we found ourselves leaving right after dinner to head for the beach party.

See you on the island in 45 days! Be wary of the island leprechauns on the 17th!

Jim & Linda

Jim & Linda - sounds like it might be too loud for us too. I am in my 40s and Craig in his 50s. Sounds like maybe we should make a lunch date one day for a trip to Margaritaville????

Just booked today! It will be our first time at CTI March 18 - 25 (previously visited CSS in 2010 and 2013). We love CSS but wanted to try a different couple's this time and really looking forward to it - in fact we can't wait!
    Dave and Cheryl (Hastings, ON)

Robbi-
    Linda and I are planning to go to Margaritaville on Thurs 3/20, we'd love to have you and others join us! 40 Days!

Jim,

Thursday sounds good to us! 40 days - counting down.... can't wait to get away from this snow....

Welcome hendy, uglyboy and schnegg!!!
    Can't wait to get there...

Sue n Ron 3/16-3/23
    Robbi n Craig 3/17- 3/22
    Joy n Mike 3/17 -3/23
    Linda n Jim 3/16 - 3/23
    Hendy ??
    Uglyboy 3/4 - 3/6
    Schnegg 3/18 - 3/25

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast