Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CN Nude Beach vs. CSS Nude Beach

We went to CSS last year and absolutely loved Sunset Beach. We booked CN for April, but I am reading the nude beach there isn't as private...?? Can people walk up and down the beach in front of you? And can the people selling stuff walk in front as well?? I would really like some great input from couples who have visited both and hear some pro's and con's. Thanks!

Unless you pull your chairs down close to the water, people walking the shoreline should not be a problem for you. You can wrap the float around you to walk to the water and then float out at the outer edge of the roped off AN swimming area if you are somewhat shy at first. Some people will try to gawk but it really does not seem to be a big issue. If you enjoy nude sunbathing and swimming, don't worry, go have a great time.

We have our 4th trip booked this February at CN. The beach and bay are spectacular, the water is perfect...truly, the people walking by have no impact on us at all. The vendors, depending on where you sit, are way away and must stay on the water edge, but we could care less and walk into the water right by them or you can wrap your float around you...we will likely do CSS sometime, but the bay and water and beach at CN are amazing...

We had been to CSS 3 times before vacating at CN last January. In our opinion both beaches have pros and cons. CSS has a pool on the AN beach, but very limited if you want some exercise. While CN does not have a pool the sea is much nicer for swimming than CSS. Also, even though you need to cover, the beach at Negril is wonderful for taking a long walk. As far as people walking past the AN beach goes, we never found this a problem and there is Security there that makes sure they move along. Personally we prefer CN to CSS that's why we are returning in January.

agree with kiddo and msbeachbum22 that the people by the shore won't be an issue. You can stay back on the beach until ready to enter the water and then wrap a flootie if necessary. We just tend to smile and say Hi. Really shocks some of the walkers.

We don't let those walking by down by the water phase us in the least. I'd recommend sun glasses....not just for obvious reason, but so you can watch people you encounter watch you, if you do encounter anyone, as you walk back and forth to the water/lounger! It seems, in Bloody Bay, which is north of the 7 Mile beach where there are lots of people walking regularly, the foot traffic is reduced in front of CN. Enjoy.
    Irie,
    TonyS

Haven't been to CSS but have been to CN 6 or 7 times (last time was Dec 2012). We have never had an issue with gawkers or vendors. We stay in as much shade as possible, and when we head to the water there has never been a problem, never made to feel "uncomfortable"...

I agree with TonyS - the Beach on Bloody Bay is fantastic - great views and you can literally walk for miles (maybe not 7, but enough).

JohnnyFromJersey

We are going for the 3rd time to CSS/SSB in October 2014. We love it. We have found SSB to be quite with a small group and the swim up bar and food area means you don't need to go very far. The people that we have met there have been great!
    CSS/SSB October 2009, October 2011, October 11-19, 2014!

From what I have seen offered at the three AN beaches CSS is set up the best with privacy, lounges, pool and food availability, CN has a bigger more beautiful beach but only very small portion available to AN, CTI has the island but having to board a boat or be shut out on windy stormy days, I think if ones priority for their vacation is AN than I would recommend CSS.

the new bar at CN is huge and beautiful. It opened while we were there in April. The food was limited to patties only, but we understood that they were going to offer more options in the future. We love CN and don't mind walking out to the water at all. Kind of fun watching the gawkers for shock value.The sand is really soft on the beach at CN. No pool due to the low sea level to beach. Not enough of an incline we were told.
    We also love CSS and will be returning in few days. They have a much more private area and larger lunch area with much more options. Don't care for the water off of the beach at CSS (too rocky), but the pool area is awesome and we are looking forward to the new hot tub.
    We love both resort AN areas. Pros and cons for both.

After spending 6 straight days at the AN beach at Negril we will never go back to CTI or CSS. This is by far the nicest beach with the best setting. Security did a nice job keeping people moving that walked by and there really isn't much to see because of the distance. Do not worry about it for a second. We had your same concerns and they quickly went away after 5 minutes there. We took some photos of the beach for people to get an idea of the layout since there is none online. If you (or anyone else) would like them shoot us an email and we will send them. (photos taken early in the day prior to any guests arriving).
    amstelbright1@gmail

Why make a pool a priority? Having no pool at CN means nothing to me. I'm there to enjoy floating naked on the ocean! The only time I have gone into the pool (not at AN beach) at CN was to experience the swim up, but you can converse with others out on your floaties if that is your goal. Floaties are the best! And walking across the beach? It felt funny the first time or two I did it, but after that it was absolutely no big deal. I'm so glad my husband talked me into trying the AN beach. The only time I would be on the regular beach now is if I wanted to be out and my husband was chilling inside! CN RULES! April can't come soon enough!
    SharonS

My big complaint with CN is the lack of naked water volleyball, but I guess I can live with that. There is NO comparison between the beaches at CN and CSS. The beach at Bloody Bay (Negril) is one of the very best in the world. SSB is cold (from the stream that flows in the bay right beside SSB), rocky and has a lot of gawkers from the park next door and a lot of boats that come by to ogle everyone.

Here are a few pictures of the AN beach from our balcony. We were at CN the first week of December for our first stay and although CSS is our home, CN came in a close second.

Name:  CN AN 2.JPG
Views: 4162
Size:  116.0 KB

Name:  P1030427.JPG
Views: 4210
Size:  108.7 KB
    (Karen&Paul)

Thanks Karen......what was your number here?

I think it's worth mentioning to anyone looking at this photo and thinking "everyone will see me" that all the surrounding bushes had to have been recently cut down very low. Typically there is much more cover.

Quote Originally Posted by BradandAnnaMaria View Post
    Thanks Karen......what was your number here?
    We were in 6201, the beachfront suite at the end of building 6. You could see the AN beach area from building 6 or building 9 so if that bothers you then this AN beach isn't for you. It didn't bother us at all, that's where spent every day!
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by 1STIMERS View Post
    I think it's worth mentioning to anyone looking at this photo and thinking "everyone will see me" that all the surrounding bushes had to have been recently cut down very low. Typically there is much more cover.
    It would help those worried about being on "candid camera" on the AN beach to know Karen's picture was probably shot from the 2nd or 3rd floor of Bldg. 6 and those bushes are about 6 feet high.

For first timers it's good to get there early, get loungers near the hedges that separate the AN beach from Bldg. 9 (so as to not be as close to the beach where people might walk by) and visit the bar on the way in to get a glass of your favorite liquid courage (alcoholic beverage). Once you're enjoying the drink and sun there's no need to worry about what's not happening in your own little world (where everythings irie). Once you've mastered laying naked and enjoying the sun going to the ocean for a refreshing dip is a breeze...just take a floatie.

It's not as private as CSS but not public like the main beach. It's secluded but not isolated.

I recall looking up from the AN beach toward the rooms, thinking about how people could look down and see us, and then thought "so what?" I completely forgot about it after that.
    Sharon

Does either beach have sand volleyball and if so is it played daily? If not any activities on these beaches?

The AN section at CN does not have sand volleyball. However Sand Volleyball is played on the Textile side each day at 11:00 and 4:00. I typically played at 11:00 and then we would head over to the AN beach after that. Fun games. I cannot speak to SSB. Will be able to after November.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    It would help those worried about being on "candid camera" on the AN beach to know Karen's picture was probably shot from the 2nd or 3rd floor of Bldg. 6 and those bushes are about 6 feet high.

For first timers it's good to get there early, get loungers near the hedges that separate the AN beach from Bldg. 9 (so as to not be as close to the beach where people might walk by) and visit the bar on the way in to get a glass of your favorite liquid courage (alcoholic beverage). Once you're enjoying the drink and sun there's no need to worry about what's not happening in your own little world (where everythings irie). Once you've mastered laying naked and enjoying the sun going to the ocean for a refreshing dip is a breeze...just take a floatie.

It's not as private as CSS but not public like the main beach. It's secluded but not isolated.
    Besides, it's fun watching people drift over on their floaties, only to realize that we are naked, and watching their reactions. It's not us scrambling to cover up, but rather them scrambling to get away.

CN has horse shoes and bocce. No volleyball due to the smaller size. It does however have the nicest newest bar with the best bartenders we've ever experienced. Shout out to Amay!

we have been to CTI 6 times and CSS 3 (with the 4th in April). We visited CN once. The beach and water are great at CN. However, my issue with CN (unless it has changed) is people with telephoto lenses on the balcony of the overlooking rooms that take photos. (security will talk to them, but whatever photo is taken is taken). Also, you can find photos of the au natural participants on the internet that are obviously taken from the beach or water. Which is just not my thing. CSS is now our home and SSB is the perfect way to spend a week. (especially now with the new spa)

Quote Originally Posted by michael&sonja View Post
    we have been to CTI 6 times and CSS 3 (with the 4th in April). We visited CN once. The beach and water are great at CN. However, my issue with CN (unless it has changed) is people with telephoto lenses on the balcony of the overlooking rooms that take photos. (security will talk to them, but whatever photo is taken is taken). Also, you can find photos of the au natural participants on the internet that are obviously taken from the beach or water. Which is just not my thing. CSS is now our home and SSB is the perfect way to spend a week. (especially now with the new spa)
    After 7 previous trips to CSS and SSB, hubby and I are going to do a split stay this summer at CN. I was really excited about trying the AN beach at CN, but now your post is making me nervous. Has anyone else experienced the same problem with photos being taken from a distance????? Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast