Default Walking down the beach at CN & CSA

Last time we went to CSA, we walked down 7-mile beach, taking a left from the resort. Is there anything fun that lies to the right?

Also, what about beach walking at CN? Anywhere special we should go?
    Marc & Beth - Michigan

CSA Nov 2011
    CSA/CN Split Oct 2014

If you go North at CN (to the right as you face the bay) you will eventually arrive at a section of beach that is not resort owned and has vendors and the "Office of Nature". Multiple opportunities for shopping and dining. We have never taken them up on anything they want to sell, food or otherwise but have enjoyed looking at the various items for sale.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Walking to the right from CSA (Long Bay) will take you past few more large resorts than a large park/beach type area where you need to go up towards the road some to walk than back down to the beach and past some other resorts and you end up at Hedonism, its a nice walk.

CN beach is much shorter about 2 miles and if you go left not much of a walk if you go right you will pass some resorts than the new Office of Nature some vendors than the old original Office Of Nature and you end at an RUI property, nice walk but if vendors bother you you may not enjoy it, they can be a little more aggressive than CSA at some points but we have never had an issue on either beach, actually we have made some good friends who we stay in contact with on CNs beach ( Bloody Bay)

Long Bay and Bloody Bay combined make up 7 mile beach except you can not continuously walk it as a peninsula with resorts that separates them both from being a continuous walk you would have to pass thru a resort to get from Long Bay to Bloody Bay or use the road.

Other then the Office of Nature and the area along the beach where the locals sell their wares, there are only resorts. A very nice walk to take. You would turn right our of the resort. Office of Nature may not look it, but a great place to have a grilled lobster and a few Red Stripes. $20 in October, don't know if that has change but will find out in 39 days.

Thanks so much for the input! Good to know about the vendors at CN. We took a left at CSA & walked down the beach wayyy past Margaritaville when we were there. It was a bit overwhelming at times, with some of the more persistant vendors. Learned that day not to say "maybe later" - they remember you! lol
    Marc & Beth - Michigan

CSA Nov 2011
    CSA/CN Split Oct 2014

The Office of Nature lobster was the best I ever had. Lots of hard sell for other stuff (shirts, jewelry, hair beads and lots of etc.). Definitely worth the trip. When we are there next it will be out of lobster season so I will go for their fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    The Office of Nature lobster was the best I ever had. Lots of hard sell for other stuff (shirts, jewelry, hair beads and lots of etc.). Definitely worth the trip. When we are there next it will be out of lobster season so I will go for their fish.
    I've heard so much about the original Office of Nature... we may just have to try that!
    Marc & Beth - Michigan

CSA Nov 2011
    CSA/CN Split Oct 2014

MBMon - unless things have changed...

If you look at the water and turn right, you will get to the first Office of Nature in about 1/4 or 1/2 mile. It is a more "formal" permenant structure with a bar & food and any vending you may want (hair beads, jewelry + ect.). If you continue in the same direction for a bit longer, you will run into the Original Office of Nature. It is a less formal place (i.e., looks like it would wash out to sea in a good storm). Offers the same as the first OON, just more rustic. Be prepared for the hard sell (practice "no thanks, I'm good"). First time we were there, a local fellow was cutting up some fine local spices with a HUGE Bowie knife. There was a deep groove in the bar indicating that he had been doing that for quite some time in the same place. He came off as a bit gruff to my American ears when he made me an offer, but he was fine with "no thanks...I'm good." I had it easy. My wife was offered hair beads, then jewelry, then some type of girlie beach cover wrap thing (I don't know what they are called), henna tattoo.... She just kept saying "no thank you...no thank you...no thank you...no thank you..."

I am looking forward to getting back there!