Default Dinner of 100 Candles at Ivan's

Has anyone done this? Worth it, or no? Worth it to go there just for a regular meal? If you've eaten there, what would you recommend?

Thanks!
    Marc & Beth - Michigan

CSA Nov 2011
    CSA/CN Split Oct 2014

Wife and I did it for our 30th back in Oct 2012, I'm still enjoying the benefits from the surprise! I recommend it 1000%, very romantic! they do a great job and worth every penny. Anything on the menu is good, if it's lobster season pay the extra, one of my favorites on the menu was the jerk chicken pasta besides the lobster.

Quote Originally Posted by MBMon View Post
    Has anyone done this? Worth it, or no? Worth it to go there just for a regular meal? If you've eaten there, what would you recommend?

Thanks!
    Well worth it, My Wife was in Awe. Food was delicious, got the Jerk chicken pasta. It was very windy the night we were there so the candles kept blowing out. There was a guy that certainly earned his keep that night trying to keep them all lit. We eventually told him to just let them go.

We went for the first time last year and loved it!! We are going again this year and taking my parents. The food is excellent and the views are awesome. Husband had the jerk chicken pasta, I had the seafood linguine both were really good. It wasn't lobster season so they substituted conch for the lobster. Definitely recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by MBMon View Post

Thanks!
    We've done it; I proposed to my fiance at the Night of 100 Candles last May. It's the same price as the private dinner at Couples ~$175+tip and half the cab ride (they pick you up for free). You have a private table on the point with tea lights, your private waiter, etc. The menu is reduced, but I believe you can sub regular items if you want. It was 4-5 courses and included a bottle of sparkling white wine. It was a very nice setup, and if you compare it to the beach dinner at Couples I'd say its worth it. The nights after our engagement we saw people doing the private dinner at CN. They had 3 setups on the beach and you could still have the distraction of people walking the path behind you (or below you if you were in the tree house). However the entire restaurant has nearly the same view and on the night we were there the tables on the patio would have provided a similar level of privacy and setting for about 2/3 the cost. You also would not have a limited menu to chose from if you just went for a meal.

For me the food was unremarkable, but I was focused on other things that evening and had no appetite so I wouldn't take my opinion there. I had the seafood pasta, good but filling. My fiance loved all of it. She said it was like being on a episode of 'The Bachelor' for whatever that's worth

I'd attach some photos but the forums bombs every time I try to upload from local.

I just did this a few weeks ago, surprising my wife with it. It was fabulous and we had an outstanding time and an outstanding meal. I will offer a caveat, however. We ended up traveling there with another couple who just went for a "regular" dinner. The ended up at a table directly across the cove from us, with a mirror image view. Sure, they did not have the 100 candles, but they had a beautiful setting with a nicely decorated table. They ordered their meal off the regular menu, we ordered from the special menu (although we were able to order entrees from the regular menu as well). At the end of the day, with tip, I believe we spent about $200; they spent about $100. We got a bottle of (cheap) champagne that they didn't, and a dessert, but otherwise, we had essentially the same meal. So you are paying a hefty price for the candles (which did keep blowing out).

Whether it is worth it or not depends on how you view the candles. For me, I would probably have dinner there again (the meal and setting were both excellent), but I would probably NOT do the 100 candles dinner. Having said that, I have no regrets at having done it once, and the extra romance was certainly worth at least some part of the price difference (as well as the surprise when we arrived).

How much does it cost?
    One Love,
    Mya

We didn't do the 100 Candle Dinner and still thought the experience was amazing! It was the highlight of our week. We watched our wonderful server, Jadine (sp) light all the restaurant candles and it was quite a feat! I, too, had the yummy Jerk Chicken Pasta. Hope to return in August for another great experience. Enjoy your time at Ivan's!

Thank you all SO much for the responses. I'll have to weigh this one out. It's between this & the treehouse dinner at CN. We did the private beach dinner once at CSA; it was a lovely experience.
    Marc & Beth - Michigan

CSA Nov 2011
    CSA/CN Split Oct 2014

Hi Mya, I just reserved our 100 Candles dinner for July. It's $175 plus tip for the waiter. You will also have to pay for your taxi ride back to the resort. The restaurant will pick you up for free.

It is AWESOME !!!! This picture is before dark. It's even more beautiful after dark !!

Name:  DSC_0030b.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  110.0 KB
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Totally wanting to do this in May, how far in advance should I make reservations? And you can do that by e-mail, is that right? Thanks!

I did it by email....Ivans at Catch a falling star.........................catchafallingstar2@gm ail.com
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Name:  test.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  102.7 KB