Default I don't understand it.......

What is with all the people COMPLAINING on this boards.....
    Bed is too hard, The food is so so, it rains to much, there are to many stairs, my rewards expired after 10 years, people feeding the cats at the table.......SO ON AND SO ON. I think some people would find things to complain about in HEAVEN. We LOVE CSS and that's what keeps us coming back twice a year.

Hey, didn't you see that there was already a post about this? How come you didn't search before you started a new thread?!

We feel the same as you. We live in Iowa, and if we want to go someplace fancy, someplace classy, with good food, we go to that place that has apple and bees in it. Every single meal at Couples was ten times better than anything I eat back home. When it was raining (for all of 5 minutes one afternoon) I stood out in it and let that liquid sunshine cool me off. The stairs helped me only gain 12 pounds instead of 16 pounds while I was there. The people feeding the cats kept them from bugging us for our scraps or bugging us on the beach. The crunchy bugs give you some traction when you are walking across the otherwise smooth pallazina outdoor area. The mosquito bites literally did not itch at all until we were on the plane headed back to the states. That couple wearing shorts and t-shirts to Cassanova just made my wife look that much more beautiful. The tree frogs sang my wife and I to sleep every night, and the waves crashing on the beach and the laughter from the workers woke us up every morning. And we NEVER sat in the same place twice even in one day, let alone multiple days in a row. Every day we found new chairs to sit in, and every day we had a different view of the resort and ocean to take in and enjoy while we relaxed.

I only have two complaints about Couples: 1, they made us leave. 2, they do such an amazing job, that when we got back to the states, I was actually upset when I had to drive my own self home, and get my own drink out of the fridge!! HOW DARE THEY!!

95 days 19 hours 55 minutes till we return to Heaven on Earth!

Love love LOVE this thread!! I keep reading everyone's complaints and they are making me nervous about only one thing: there will be complainers there! Until someone invents "The Deserted Island Experience" and makes it affordable for us, CSS sounds like paradise! We have 19 more days to wait and then we get to see it for ourselves!

sweetnessinthesand....AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by lotsastuff4u View Post
    Bed is too hard, The food is so so, it rains to much, there are to many stairs, my rewards expired after 10 years, people feeding the cats at the table.......SO ON AND SO ON. I think some people would find things to complain about in HEAVEN. We LOVE CSS and that's what keeps us coming back twice a year.
    Well, I'd guess that some what what is promised when they lay out thousands of dollars and their hard earned vacation time. Cats at the table for someone who is allergic, might be an issue. Too many stairs for someone with mobility problems might be an issue....so on and so on.

I know I have made a few complaints and found the only real solution is to make your complaint with those dollars by choosing to go elsewhere. Fortunately for us, Couples has 4 resorts so we don't have to give up the brand just because one of them doesn't suit our preference. Specifically, we don't enjoy buffets so we have chosen to avoid CSS. For $5000. plus and our two weeks of vacation time, we do want what we want.

It is wonderful that you are so happy with things and that you overlook what you may not like, but complaints about deficiencies or services are one way of (possibly) having those addressed. Perhaps you have different standards or a different financial position that the investment/committment to your vacation isn't as big.

I think what you don't 'get' about other peoples' complaints is that they don't reflect your feelings. But please keep in mind that the people who have noted things they have not been happy with were giving their views... not yours. Something that is a minor detail to one person might be very important to another. To simply assume that everyone should see things the same way is a little silly. We are all different, all have different 'dealbreaker' issues on vacation, and every week at a resort is a little different from another week. Somewhere there is likely something that bothers you that seems just a silly little detail to someone else, but it's still valid for you and it would be very self-centered for someone to act like your views were not valid just because they didn't have the same views.
    Respect and good travels-

I even read on another CN-related site, 1600 members and counting, some guy complaining about the "smelly and annoying" people on the shuttle ride to/from CN! Really? He was bitchin' about stopping for a few minutes on the ride there to get a Red Stripe and a piece of jerk chicken. Frankly, I don't give people like that the time of day. Yes, there are some minor deficiencies about all of the Couples resorts. So what? I'd like to see that guy keep everything perfect, operational, and not 'smelly' 24/7, 365 days per year! My money's as good and as valuable as anyone else's....if you want the Ritz or something boring like that, go there! We're all so damn privileged to even be able to afford these places! Why act like some high-fa-lootin' a@@holes, when we're there? Complain in private, praise in public is an applicable tenet to live by; especially when we're in someone else's country, enjoying their culture. Irie. TonyS

I love the cats! I had to put mine to sleep in March, and the next month at CSA, his twin attached himself to us! We weren't initially feeding him, the people downstairs were, but he'd follow me to the beach each day and sit with us. It was a comfort.

As for the complaining, I guess some people have nothing better to do with their spare time.

CSA is our 2nd home twice a year... My complaint is that we are still over 90 days til our next trip!

So you're complaining about complaining. Hmmmmm
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I don't understand someone who would start a thread to complain about someone's negative opinions. I have learned a lot from those reviews and threads and they will help me be prepared for my vacation. I know sand fleas and mosquitos can be a problem so I will have bug spray with me. I know areas of the resort can be noisey at night so I will have ear plugs for sleeping. I know the vendors can be a pain so I will be prepared for that. I know there are lots of stairs at css and the beach isn't as nice as in Negril so I am going to csa. Everyone has different expectations for what works for them and they are entitled to those opinions and I have learned as much or more from them as I have from the pollyanna views of others.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    I think what you don't 'get' about other peoples' complaints is that they don't reflect your feelings. But please keep in mind that the people who have noted things they have not been happy with were giving their views... not yours. Something that is a minor detail to one person might be very important to another. To simply assume that everyone should see things the same way is a little silly. We are all different, all have different 'dealbreaker' issues on vacation, and every week at a resort is a little different from another week. Somewhere there is likely something that bothers you that seems just a silly little detail to someone else, but it's still valid for you and it would be very self-centered for someone to act like your views were not valid just because they didn't have the same views.
    Respect and good travels-
    Well said!

Welcome to the Internet. :P

Quote Originally Posted by moiira View Post
    I don't understand someone who would start a thread to complain about someone's negative opinions. I have learned a lot from those reviews and threads and they will help me be prepared for my vacation. I know sand fleas and mosquitos can be a problem so I will have bug spray with me. I know areas of the resort can be noisey at night so I will have ear plugs for sleeping. I know the vendors can be a pain so I will be prepared for that. I know there are lots of stairs at css and the beach isn't as nice as in Negril so I am going to csa. Everyone has different expectations for what works for them and they are entitled to those opinions and I have learned as much or more from them as I have from the pollyanna views of others.
    I suppose what I don't "get" is when a reviewer complains about their "dealbreaker" that they did "research" on... knew about the "dealbreaker" ahead of time... and "still" go on and complain about the "dealbreaker"!
    I respect those who find out about issues, deal with them, and/or avoid them...
    Last edited by GardenGal; January 15th, 2014 at 12:29 PM.

I think there is a difference between complaining about ridiculous things (i.e. smelly people on a bus) and using this board to educate others about your experience (i.e. bring bug spray for your evening walk on the beach because there are tons of sand fleas). That being said, there are people in this world who are never happy with anything. Personally I don't buy into that. Life is too short. There is no way that someone feeding a cat at dinner is going to spoil my vacation and piss me enough for me to complain about it on here. I'm thinking that the majority of complainers have no other outlet for their bitching but this board, because everyone else in their life has probably told them to shut the hell up!

My opinion is if people are not happy with couples find another resort to go to. And let us that love couples go there.

Lotsastuff4u...before you outright and passive-aggressively attack other member's genuine comments, honest opinions, and sincere questions...and, then start a post on the MB complaining about member's complaining...hmmm...a gentle reminder of this post of yours from October 2013:

"Repeaters T-Shirts are a TOTAL JOKE. First off we asked for a woman's large and a men's extra large. We got 2 woman's smalls because that was all they had left. Quality and design they got a big fat (F). You would think Couples would want them to stand out so people would ask you about Couples once back home. All that shirt says is (I went to Couples twice and all I got was this cheap shirt)."

As for me, I like the Couples t-shirts and enjoy collecting them each time we visit. The designs have even changed over the past couple of years. Sometimes the sizes aren't exactly right and Couples can't accommodate when requests are made, but there is always someone at home who will appreciate a t-shirt, so we graciously accept what Couples can provide. And, as I'm enjoying my Romance Rewards massage in the hut on the cliff with the soothing waves crashing below, I feel especially grateful to Couples and all the amenities and perks offered through the Romance Rewards program.

One Love all!

[QUOTE=lotsastuff4u;235058]What is with all the people COMPLAINING on this boards.....
    Bed is too hard, The food is so so, it rains to much, there are to many stairs, my rewards expired after 10 years, people feeding the cats at the table.......SO ON AND SO ON. I think some people would find things to complain about in HEAVEN.

The wonderful thing is that the complainers are ONE & DONE. Those of us who fell in love with Couples keep coming back to enjoy the food, facilities, staff and each other. See you at CTI in October. Ed & Lynn

My feet hurt!!!!

Lee-Ann ~N~ Paul: hilarious!

There are always going to be people that are not happy
    Writing a review and/or giving feedback to the management is one thing. It can be very helpful in making the resort better
    But....many of the people that are not happy with things and complain about it on this MB are complaining about stuff that is unreasonable
    We have been to lots of resorts on several different islands and I do not think that I have ever seen a perfect resort

There are always issues
    Every resort has bugs
    Every resort has guests that are rude or inconsiderate
    Every resort has employees that are not perfect
    Every resort has rain, or clouds, or its too hot or too cold

Some people let it spoil their vacation
    Other people don't

Those who let it spoil their vacation miss out on a lot of good times
    but that is their choice.
    I choose to be happy with Couples San Souci
    If there is something that is not perfect I might tell GM Pierre Battaglia about it (if I thought it was something he should/could change) or I might not
    But I am not going to just complain for the sake of complaining

At the RIU, Hard Rock, Hilton, Westin, Intercontinental, small private resorts, everywhere we have gone
    there are things that are not perfect.
    Couples is no different.

I love our time in Jamaica
    I love going to see the friends we have made there (both from the resort and guests)
    I will continue to go back to the resort as long as I am able
    I will not let any issues spoil my time there.
    I will keep saying--The worst day relaxing in Jamaica at CSS is better than most days working at ______ (insert your job/employer) in ______ (insert your hometown)

Soon come....

John

Yes! Please do! The less the complainers stop going the more vacancies and more deals there are for those of us who either couldn't afford Couples this year or couldn't book since it was sold out and had to settle with somewhere else.

Chris.