Thread: Couples Cats

Default Couples Cats

I know the cats are a sore subject to some people, but how can you hate these sweet animals? This one appeared at the foot of our stairs one morning at CSA..pretty much a small clone of my cat Harry Connick Junior, that I had to put to sleep 7 months before. Although others fed him, he followed me to the beach each day. Yeah, eventually I broke down and gave him milk! Who else had cat pics to share?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We had an orange one (maybe the same one,) visit our veranda just about every morning. I gave him milk from our breakfast and he seemed to know when we were there. We have 2 cats at home and don't mind the visits from the jamaican cats as we miss ours dearly .

We have cats so this felt just like home
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We always feed them and pet them on our porch. Why are they all missing pieces of an ear?

This was one of my favorite pics from CSS in 2011. This is by the pool in the trees. The momma cat watching her little kitties playing....so cute!

Name:  CSS Cats.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  96.6 KB

I LOVE cats too!!...But please don't feed them milk...
    Cats can't digest the lactose in it, & it will upset their tummies!

Personally, I welcome the feline guests. I know some people might not appreciate them, but I hope everyone keeps an open mind. Considering how so many of the buildings are open, there really is nothing to stop cats from wandering the property. The only realistic alternative is to capture and euthanize the cats. As long as they are healthy and friendly, I say "no problem mon!"

Let's just count among our blessings that Jamaica doesn't have wild pigs!!!!

I totally agree with Suzi - how could anybody dislike these sweet cats? They are not only cute, but I'm sure they help keep the rodent population in check, too! When we were at CSS last September, there was a Momma cat and two sweet babies at the resort. Every other day or so I would feed them a little salmon that I didn't eat from my dinner. They were adorable!

Name:  IMG_0829 (Copy).JPG
Views: 811
Size:  189.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimebrad View Post
    We always feed them and pet them on our porch. Why are they all missing pieces of an ear?
    Those that are missing a piece of their ear have been neutered. On our garden walk at CSA a couple of years ago the gardener told us about them and showed us the two "cat cafes" where they are fed twice a day.

How can I hate them? Easy! I hate all cats! I tell my kids they are the spawn of satan! LOL Give me a dog any day!!!

We are CN people (#6 coming up in 99 days). We booked CSS for December and I am admittedly a little concerned. (concerned may be too strong, but straying from CN is hard!) But this cat thread has me excited to go to CSS. I hope one comes to visit us. A little furry friend will help us miss our dogs less.

I love cats, had a cat name Taboo. Great cat, a little crazy but, fun. That being said I don't want cats inside the resturant.
    One Love,
    Mya

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Those that are missing a piece of their ear have been neutered. On our garden walk at CSA a couple of years ago the gardener told us about them and showed us the two "cat cafes" where they are fed twice a day.
    How odd...I always thought neutering a cat (or any animal) altered other parts, not ears!

I believe that tabby in the original picture was our friend that followed us every morning to and from breakfast (possibly because we fed it), glad to see it is still around and looking healthy!!

Surfhary that photo was from October 2012, but we saw him/her (I never checked) again in April. I shared chicken from the Grill!

I don't mind the cats. They are well behaved, don't jump on you and wait patiently for a hand out. At CSA, every morning I fix a little plate of a milk-soaked croissant on our verandah. If there is more than one cat, it seems that one will eat and then move aside for the other one to eat. There's never been a fight.

I had a cat and fed him milk and he didn't have any ill affects from it. Guess every cat is different with their diet.

Ah.... May not be the same one as ours was from this past October and looked to be on the younger side. Could definitely be a relative though, same beautiful Tabby coat and very playful!!! I was able to whistle from our Atrium balcony and it would come running in the mornings!

There are also usually 1-2 little cats at the Grill. Love sharing my chicken or patties with them. I'm surprised they're all so thin and tiny, though!

What cutie cats they are! Can't wait to get to CSA..our first trip to a Couples resort and to Negril itself! 90 days left to a 10 day stay and we'll surely be missing our 2 kitties back home..so seeing these cats will be a plus for us!

Just curious...why is it that on my iphone some posts show the pictures while others have a little paper clip indicating there is an attachment (that I can't see).?

DeixRider, depending on how long you're at CSA, we may see you there! 85 days to go for us... 4/19-28. Can't wait to celebrate our first anniversary...got married on the beach on 4/20. Love the cats, too!

Suzi that first picture is very sad.
    And I don't mean the cat. I mean the goodbye/comment survey that appears to be in the background.

Lol, Rudi! No need to be sad. I think someone had left it on the beach if I recall... I usually fill ours out in the room. Good eye!