Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Hello

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Hello

    My husband and I are going to jamaica for the first time. What's more fun couples swept away or couples negril? Which resort has more activities?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Csa , trip #6 for us in april. Once to css and a trading places day to cn. You can tell which one we like better.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    If you'd like a few pics of csa, email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com
    It's truly paradise

  4. #4

    Default

    I've been to CTI and CN..........but prefer CSA. Our 4th trip coming up at the end of this month. The beach is amazing and that is what draws us back.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I prefer CN, My wife CSA. There is no wrong choice :-)

  6. #6

    Default

    I'd say it depends on what you want for "fun" CSA is bigger so it has more choices re bars etc. It is also more spread out so you may not get as much interaction with other guests. I think the watersports etc are fairly similar.

    We have only been to CN and really like it. We haven't tried CSA as there were features there that just didn't appeal to us. For example, while CSA has a larger fitness area (the best of all Couples resorts, or so I've heard), the fitness area is across the street from the property. I much prefer being able to just quickly go down to play tennis or work out without having to worry about crossing the street. One other item that we have heard is that CSA being on the larger portion of the Negril 7 mile beach has more vendors, etc. We like the Bloody Bay portion of the beach that CN is on. Plenty of vendors but none were pushy.

    I'm a little one sided but that my opinion.

    Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

  7. #7

    Default

    Negril is the one we like best. 6 trips there. 4 trips to Tower. Love the beach at Negril nice and big, not much traffic, 7mile beach were Couples Swept away is you have a lot of traffic of people. All the hotels are on there and all those people walk that beach. And with Tower Isle we love the island.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Why not start by trying out CN for your first trip, and then go to CSA on your following trip to Jamaica? Then you can post on the message board which one you thought was more fun for you!

    Both resorts are wonderful, and we've had so much fun and have made lasting memories at both CN and CSA. Matter of fact, we love CSS too and are going back for our third visit to CSS very soon!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Just my personal opinion but I think a lot of people tend to over exaggerate the amount of traffic along the beach at CSA... We have never been to CN and would imagine, given the location, that the traffic is less. However people passing by at the waterline have never been an issue. If you walk along any part of 7 mile beach you are likely walking along "their" waterline as well... There are likely more vendors at CSA but the security staff does a great job limiting those that can pass through, ushering off any that could be construed as intrusive or supervising any purchase you may make... I can understand people's desire to have a secluded 1 on 1 type vacation with their spouses, I mean the resort is called Couples, but personally I would also like to see more of the Jamaican culture and have more interaction. For us CSA is that exact combination of seclusion if you want as well as being located in an area that you can venture out if so desired.

    Your decision should be based on what you want out of your trip and these boards are great for helping you do that! I have heard the complaints of CSA being it is too spread out and the fitness is across the street... For me walking a little more is not an issue, as I read the other day from another poster, it helps keep my vacation weight gain down a few pounds! Also if you are a fitness person I couldn't imagine the additional 100 feet or so to the "best fitness center Couples has to offer" would be a big deterrent... To each their own and I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfhary20 View Post
    Just my personal opinion but I think a lot of people tend to over exaggerate the amount of traffic along the beach at CSA... We have never been to CN and would imagine, given the location, that the traffic is less. However people passing by at the waterline have never been an issue. If you walk along any part of 7 mile beach you are likely walking along "their" waterline as well... There are likely more vendors at CSA but the security staff does a great job limiting those that can pass through, ushering off any that could be construed as intrusive or supervising any purchase you may make... I can understand people's desire to have a secluded 1 on 1 type vacation with their spouses, I mean the resort is called Couples, but personally I would also like to see more of the Jamaican culture and have more interaction. For us CSA is that exact combination of seclusion if you want as well as being located in an area that you can venture out if so desired.

    Your decision should be based on what you want out of your trip and these boards are great for helping you do that! I have heard the complaints of CSA being it is too spread out and the fitness is across the street... For me walking a little more is not an issue, as I read the other day from another poster, it helps keep my vacation weight gain down a few pounds! Also if you are a fitness person I couldn't imagine the additional 100 feet or so to the "best fitness center Couples has to offer" would be a big deterrent... To each their own and I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

    I echo the above sentiment. April will be my 6th trip to CSA and new hubby is 25+ trips. Part of the charm for us is some of the vendors "songs", if you will. As far as other guests passing by, unless they have children (rarely seen), not sure how you know they're not CSA guests. Like someone said above, you can't go wrong!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I echo the above sentiment. April will be my 6th trip to CSA and new hubby is 25+ trips. Part of the charm for us is some of the vendors "songs", if you will. As far as other guests passing by, unless they have children (rarely seen), not sure how you know they're not CSA guests. Like someone said above, you can't go wrong!
    I have wondered how do you tell if someone is a CSA quest...other than them asking our room number at Patois and then security taking your room number when you leave CSA and then come back, how do they know? Folks from down the ways staying at another resort could walk down the beach then maneuver up to the sidewalk and head over to the grill area where they do not ask for your room number to eat. Then they could go to pool bar (dry side) and get drinks. They could also walk to any beach bar grab a seat and have a few drinks...Just something I was curious about....

  12. #12

    Default

    I have made 18 trips to Jamaica.........different resorts over the years; and it has always amazed me that the guards 'just know' who should be there and who should not. Many, many times I have seen someone walking the beach veer off and head towards the resort. As quickly as they do, that's how quick the guard is to follow them and politely escort them out. One time someone got to the sidewalk, but the guard was pretty far away and he calmly followed until he caught up. I feel very safe at any resort.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    135

    Default

    IronButterfly - This is something I have often pondered in my lounger on the beach... My only guess is that security uses their handheld radios to keep track of who doesn't "check in" with them when crossing the property lines. As we know when you venture off the resort they take your names and room number to ensure you return safely so those that don't stop back by security would be assumed to be staying elsewhere?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Hi there, Ive just e mailed you re: your CSA pics......

  15. #15

    Default

    This, along with the thread on palapas, is probably one of the most discussed topics on the message board. I urge you to search for similar threads, but will supply some comments here to save you time.

    April will be my 21st trip to CSA. I've been to CTI and CSS a total of another ten times, but never to Couples Negril, other than to walk in and tour the place on my own. (I was staying at Breezes around the corner from CN for the one trip to Jamaica when I was not a couple.) Each of the Couples properties have something that draws visitors back; makes them Repeaters, to use the proper Couples terminology. Suzi and I are CSA Repeaters.

    We spent 3 nights at CTI for Suzi's first trip to Jamaica. My ulterior motive was a trip to Boston Bay, the home of Jamaican jerk. (I have been cooking jerk style since 1982 when I first stayed at what was then called Couples Jamaica and took a drive into Boston Bay to see what it was all about.) CTI is a box hotel on the beach with a nude island. If you want to be nude, go there. If you want the best jerk on the island go to either CTI or CSS and get a taxi to take you to Scotchies. If you're really adventurous, go to Boston Bay. If you've never been Jamaica and want to be a tourist, go to Dunns River Falls. Do it once, I did. The beaches on the Ocho Rios side of the island are not as nice as Negril's 7 Mile Beach, but then again, few beaches in the world can compare.

    Suzi and I will forever go to CSA twice a year, however we will be spending three days at CSS on one of our 2015 trips just so she can see it. I've been there 3 or 4 times and love it for two things - the landscaping and the romantic atmosphere. As a former landscape designer here in South Florida, I relish any piece of land that has elevation and tropical plantings. CSS is built into the side of a cliff. Spectacular views. It also has a nude beach, CSA does not. It seems if you want leave your swim trunks at home, go to the Ocho Rios side of the island.

    As to my brief impression of CN, it also had the "box hotel" feel to it, although it's a bit more spread out. The beach was not as nice as CSA and most of the activity seemed to be centered around the main pool with its swimup bar. There was a small, semi-secluded area for nude sunbathing, so if you need it, there it is. While statistics might prove otherwise, I felt the crowd at CN, and remember this is only from a couple of hours of seeing the property, appeared to be younger and louder than at CSA. That's not to say CSA does not attract a young crowd, hell they've got newlyweds falling out of trees, but there's a greater diversity in terms of age at CSA than I saw at CN. All of this having been said, there are CN Repeaters who will disagree with most of what I've said here and I have no way of disputing them.

    As others have said, you will not regret which Couples you eventually choose. You will regret staying at anything other than a Couples Resort in Jamaica. Welcome.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfhary20 View Post
    IronButterfly - This is something I have often pondered in my lounger on the beach... My only guess is that security uses their handheld radios to keep track of who doesn't "check in" with them when crossing the property lines. As we know when you venture off the resort they take your names and room number to ensure you return safely so those that don't stop back by security would be assumed to be staying elsewhere?
    You are correct about the handheld Radios. We sat by one of the security gaurds one afternoon and we can tell you they are on top of things. When a person first walks in front of CSA on the beach the first gaurd Radios down to the next and so on until the person makes it to the other side of CSA. My poor husband went for a parasail ride once; he left from the left side of beach ( he let gaurd know) but do to some issue in water came back from the right side of beach. He was questioned and room number was confirmed with gaurd on other side before he was allowed back on resort. And security is even better at night.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    764

    Default

    CN..Couples Negril has been labeled "The Fun Resort" of the Couples empire.
    Best beach by far..Calmer waves with more beach depth and more shade.
    Best swim up bar in Jamaica.
    CN is like staying on your very own South Pacific island.

    CN.Couples Negril..Oh,how I do love typing these words.

    Hugs from 10 0 C
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •