Default booking on couples.com

Hi All,

I'm looking to book a trip for March. I know there are direct flights available, but the Couples booking site does not show them. Anyone know how you can get them to appear?

Thanks!

The flights shown are the ones that Couples has 'contracted" (for lack of a better word) with. Those are the ones available is you book both hotel and airfare through them. If there is a different flight you would like to take, then simply book the hotel through Couples and your flight through the airline.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Have you looked at the "More Flight Options" under the flights offered?? I believe the flights that come up are the cheapest flights they offer, so if you check the more flight options those flights might be there but cost more. Also, some airlines do not allow other outside bookings and are not on the travel sites, so maybe Couples can't get those flights either in which you would have to book those flights separately from the resort.

Just a word of warning to anyone using the Couples booking engine to book their flight. We did that for our third trip last year, and also did the love-away plan, so we got monthly confirmation of our trip information (including flight times and numbers). Then 45 days out, we paid the balance and got final confirmation.

A few days before our trip, the weather was looking bad and I called the airline as suggested to see what alternatives were available. They told me my originally booked flight had been canceled months ago, and we had been rebooked on a completely different flight, which got us into Jamaica 4 hours later.

Irritating to lose a few hours on the beach, but even worse, I am upset that there was no mechanism in place for Couples to let us know that what we booked through their engine had been changed. Definitely not in keeping with the level of service we have come to expect! If the weather hadn't been bad, we wouldn't have found out until we checked in for our flight-- 24 hours or so in advance.

For this reason, we have decided to book our air travel separately from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
    ....... If the weather hadn't been bad, we wouldn't have found out until we checked in for our flight-- 24 hours or so in advance.

For this reason, we have decided to book our air travel separately from now on.
    Thanks for posting this info.... I was hell-bent on booking my flight and hotel together for the sake of everything "working out better". Now I feel more comfortable about booking my flight separately and my hotel further in advance.

Use a local or preferred Couples Travel agent, they will price out the same and get you the best flights and make sure you are aware of any changes.

The one time we booked with a travel agent was for our honeymoon and first trip to Couples. We specified and paid for the Garden Suite, but she booked the Deluxe Garden by mistake, and because she didn't send me the confirmation from the resort, I didn't see that she had booked the wrong room until a week before our wedding. I will never use a travel agent again for that reason. We tend to book our reservations far in advance, so I book the room directly with Couples (1800Couples), and the flights directly with the airline. Last trip, did not have any issue.. the next two trips, I anticipate the same - no issues!

On a side note, because Couples did not have any Garden Suites left a week before our honeymoon (obviously), Couples upgraded us, from the Deluxe Garden she had us in, to a Deluxe Beachfront, and gave us in-room dining too! It was still a wonderful honeymoon, thanks to Couples, despite our flawed travel agent.

I have used a TA twice in the past, but personally do not see a benefit to that. This time I booked directly on the Couples website.