Default Thinking hard about Negril

Hi all, I have been trying to plan a trip with my wife, we havent vacationed in the Carribbean. I think Jamaica seems like a great place for us and have read so many wonderful things about Couples Negril. For a first timer is this a great fit? We are looking at March 17-22 area and for $3600 with airfare its a little steep. Is it worth it? Thanks so much for your input.

I don't know where you are flying from so have no idea what your airfare will be. You can adjust your dates to a time when room rates are a little less expensive. Also there are some travel web-sites that will save you some money especially if you book resort and air together.

Now to the FUN part. If you are looking for a truely relaxing, stress free vacation, you have picked the right place. My advice is to extend your stay to at least 7 nights. You will be so mad on the 5th night to have to pack up to go home. We stayed 7 nights in 2011 and have upped it to 8 nights in 2012, 2013 and our May 2014 upcoming vacation. Adding the nights also splits the airfare cost up over more days of FUN so that makes it easier to swallow.

Go for it! You will not regret it.

I have found in my opinion, that 7 nights wasn't long enough, but 10 days was perfect. Yes it is pricey, but definitely worth it. You will never feel so relaxed and enjoy the other guests as much anywhere else. 33 days remaining until I come home again. It's been far too long!

Couples Negril was our first All Inclusive,and we loved it. The second time we went, we did a trading places day to Swept Away and prefer the beach, water, and proximity of everything at CN much better. If you've read the reviews and everything, you have a good idea what to expect. I don't think you'll be upset with your choice. Just keep in mind that it sounds expensive, but once you get to the resort, you don't have to think about money at all, because it really is all inclusive - put your wallet away and don't touch it till you are on your way back to the airport.

Hope you enjoy your trip!
    _____
    CN 6/12
    CN 7/13
    Next Trip ???

"Is it worth it?" is an impossible question to answer. If you go you will know (if it's worth it...for you).

That said, there are tons of repeaters to the Caribbean>Jamaica>Couples>Couples Negril (and all of the Couples properties). We are CN people (CN trip 6 in April...CSS in December, CN 2015 as soon as they open the booking - God willing). Read this board, you will find if it is right for you.

Guaranteed that you won't hate it.

Just Booked it, March 17-23, would love to stay longer but too much work to be done, cant wait!!

Awesome aalverson - you will love it!

aalverson Be excited, be very excited. You are in for the time of your life.