Thread: Dress Code

Default Dress Code

Can anyone tell me what "resort chic" and "cocktail elegant" means in terms of dress code for CTI? Wondering if either of these mean longs pants and closed toe shoes for men?
    Last edited by KarenON; January 20th, 2014 at 07:55 PM.
    (Karen&Paul)

Most woman where a sundress or Capris, men either nice shorts or linen pants.

If you Google both terms, you will see their meanings...not exclusive to CTI. You will undoubtedly get 283 responses here with 283 individuals' opinions of what it means to them.

These are Jamaican terms. Resort chic is what they call their jerk chicken (chic). It's not as spicy as real Jamaican jerk chic, but tasty nonetheless. Casual elegance is a typo. It should read "casual elephants". Elephants are strategically placed around the nude island, basking in the sun. They are there to enhance the all-natural experience.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

8 Rivers is the only restaurant at CTI that required closed toes shoes and long pants for men. Shorts are fine at all the others.

Amy

If you go to the Restaurants & Bars link on the resort of your choice you will see a tab by each restaurant for info & hours. Click on that and get the dress code. For Eight Rivers at CTI it is as follows: Dress: Cocktail Elegant (Jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted)

Fawnridge, I'm totally cracking up!

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    These are Jamaican terms. Resort chic is what they call their jerk chicken (chic). It's not as spicy as real Jamaican jerk chic, but tasty nonetheless. Casual elegance is a typo. It should read "casual elephants". Elephants are strategically placed around the nude island, basking in the sun. They are there to enhance the all-natural experience.
    ROFLMAO

KarenOn, you are familiar with the dress codes at CSS, yeah? Resort Chic would be the equivalent of Pallazina, Bella Vista, or the beach party for dinner, just no swimsuits or coverups. Cocktail elegant is the equivalent of Casanova.

That is one thing that I have had trouble with, because the descriptions of dress code differ between resorts. At CSS, Casanova is "resort chic," stating no jeans, shorts, or flip flops. At CTI, the restaurants that are the equivalent of Pallazina are labeled as "resort chic." However, Eight Rivers, the Casanova equivalent, is labeled as "cocktail elegant," stating no jeans shorts or flip flops.

This is, of course, just my opinion of what it means. (1 down, 282 to go )

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    ROFLMAO

KarenOn, you are familiar with the dress codes at CSS, yeah? Resort Chic would be the equivalent of Pallazina, Bella Vista, or the beach party for dinner, just no swimsuits or coverups. Cocktail elegant is the equivalent of Casanova.

That is one thing that I have had trouble with, because the descriptions of dress code differ between resorts. At CSS, Casanova is "resort chic," stating no jeans, shorts, or flip flops. At CTI, the restaurants that are the equivalent of Pallazina are labeled as "resort chic." However, Eight Rivers, the Casanova equivalent, is labeled as "cocktail elegant," stating no jeans shorts or flip flops.

This is, of course, just my opinion of what it means. (1 down, 282 to go )
    Thanks very much, it was a little confusing as compared to CSS as you said.
    (Karen&Paul)