Thread: Final Payment

Default Final Payment

Does Couples let you know when final payment is due? I booked directly through Couples.

Maybe.

For our trip in March, Couples charged the final balance to credit card we used to make our initial deposit without contacting us.

For our August trip, I received an e-mail and was required to send e-mail confirmation authorizing Couples to make the charge.

Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Yes, they will send you a email.
    Irie Mon

maryrnp--
    We booked our Sept 09 trip thru Couples. About 50 days before our arrival date, they sent me an email stating final payment was due and would be charged to my credit card used to make my booking. At 45 days, they charged the balance to my CC and emailed me a receipt for payment. It was easy!

Final payment is due 45 days prior to your arrival date. If you gave them a credit card, it will be automatically charged.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Default Foreign txn fees....

Just be careful about this...I was NOT happy to find out that my credit card company charges a fee to make foreign transactions. Since Couples is in Jamaica, they considered our down payment a foreign transaction & charged about $17 along with our payment. I will be sure to find out if we have a different card that doesn't have this type of fee or we will be sending a check to Couples to pay the balance.

Default I have been worrying about this also

We booked through Couples for February 2010, with the down payment. Since then the credit card number was changed. Should I call? Have not received any e-mail etc. I would almost prefer to send a check. Any advice?

Thanks for all the info. It was 45 days today, and I had to change our day of departure, so I was glad I got to call before they charged our credit card. Payment was exactly what they said. No extra charges. I am sooo excited now. 45 days and counting.

We received an email telling us the final balance was due about 3-4 days in advance.

However, we did not receive foreign charges and the charge was put in US dollars (we live in Canada) and used the most current exchange rate.

Quote Originally Posted by claire7676 View Post
    . . . . I was NOT happy to find out that my credit card company charges a fee to make foreign transactions . . . .
    I wonder why there was a foreign transaction fee for paying your balance. We've been staying at Couples at least once a year since 1999, and the payment has always been reflected on my credit card statement as being charged by Island Romance Holidays in Miramar, Florida, not Jamaica.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by claire7676 View Post
    Just be careful about this...I was NOT happy to find out that my credit card company charges a fee to make foreign transactions. Since Couples is in Jamaica, they considered our down payment a foreign transaction & charged about $17 along with our payment. I will be sure to find out if we have a different card that doesn't have this type of fee or we will be sending a check to Couples to pay the balance.
    My card was also charged a foreign transaction fee but only $7. I booked using the Love Away payment plan, so every month my card is charged the $100 fee, I will also be charged that foreign transaction fee. I was not happy about this either but my bank said that's normal to get charged this fee for foreign transactions. I thought the main Couples headquarters was out of Miami not Jamaica.

Another suggestion - It's a good idea to notify the bank that sponsors your credit card. Our bank flagged the charge as suspicious and did not release the funds for the final payment until I assured them that I authorized the expense. I'm still working on this with CN and will make sure to avoid this situation in the future.