Default We Can't Choose...HELP!

My husband and I can't choose between the three resorts. We want relaxation and fun! We don't want to deal with a bunch of "kids" who can't control their alcohol intake but, we also don't want to feel out of place among those that are more "experienced" than we. We also want to partake in most if not all of the water sports available. I have heard that the waters at San Souci and Towers are much rougher than Negril? We seem to like Tower because we can do both catarmaran and Dunn's Falls but, the resort seems to be much, much smaller. And since we have never traveled before we don't know if we would like smaller or the size of Negril better. We would love to get comments of your experiences and whether or not you agree or disagree with the things we have been told. And more info on the three would also be greatly accepted and appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!

I haven't been to any of the resorts yet (will be at CN in three weeks!) but from what I've read I think you'd like Couples Negril. I read about 1000 reviews on TripAdvisor and ended up choosing CN. Hope this helps

Trip #6 to swept away in 88 sleeps. Email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com if you'd like a video and a few pics of the resort. It's truly paradise

Riann, Which resort do you find yourself checking on more often than others? That is most likely the one for you. If you are interested in the AU Natural areas which can weigh heavily in your decision and have any concerns post your questions in the A/N part of the board (don't be shy). It can get windy at Tower Isle, but in three trips there we only had two days of water sports being cancelled. The tropical breeze is quite refreshing. Tower Isle is smaller than the other resorts but not small. Even when the resort is full, it doesn't feel overcrowded. As far as a bunch of kids who can't control their alcohol, none of the resorts cater to that type of crowd, hence the name "Couples". Now and then people drink a little more than they can handle and get out of control, but that is not the norm. Fear not, the one you pick will be the right one for you. You both will love it.

This is my own personal opinion but we went to CSA once and were hooked! We are finally heading back in a few short months. This year we were trying to decide if we wanted to go back to CSA or try one of the other resorts and we decided on CSA (in Negril) for a couple of reasons. #1- the beach! It is absolutely gorgeous. From what I've read if you are a beach person, you should definitely go to Negril. With this decided our choice was between CSA or Negril. Our friends loved the smaller, more intimate size of Negril and felt like with the smaller resort they were able to actually get to know some of the other guests during their stay. Personally, my husband and I really loved that CSA was a bit larger. We loved walking around the resort, and on the beach. I also loved that there were more restaurants and that things were a bit more spread out. Our last hesitation before picking CSA was that we thought we might like to try the AN beach at Negril, so we are opting to spend a day trading places. Best of both worlds. Hopefully this info can help you make a decision based on what you are looking for

By "the three resorts" we're assuming that you mean CTI, CSS and CN that you referenced. You are correct that CTI is smaller but does offer both the catamaran cruise and Dunn's River Falls. CSS is a little larger and more spread out. It's built onto cliffs...which means you'll have a few stairs to climb (nothing extreme). You won't have the catamaran there but will still get to go to Dunn's River Falls. The waters of the Ochi resorts (CTI and CSS) can be a little more choppy than those of CN. CN is similar in size to CSS but without the stairs. The sand is soft and white (unlike that of the Ochi resorts) and they do offer a catamaran cruise.

You can count on finding "relaxation and fun" at any of the Couples Resorts. There's usually some kid, not "a bunch of "kids"", that exceeds their alcohol intake...but they're usually harmless. Sometimes they can even be fun to watch (and laugh at). Most people at these resorts are respectful of each other and don't get stupid drunk.

The thing to do is decide what things are important in a resort for you and your husband. Once you've done that, it's time to do a little snooping around the Couples Resort website to find which resort most meets your expectations. You'll find that one resort will, as it's been said many times before, "call to you". You'll know which one is right for you and that's when you book it.

Here's some pics of each of the resorts to help with making that decision: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimson/sets/.

Have fun and good luck finding your special Couples Resort!!

Look at the Couples web site. They have four resorts.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

when we planed our first trip we were told the beaches were better in Negril so we choose CN over CSA only because a smaller resort. There is plenty of room for everyone and plenty to do ,and never seen a lot out control younger crowd .With Couples is there really a bad choice

We have been to all (4) at least once, CTI 2x in a row.

email me at dennisbrowncwp@gmail.com

You can't go wrong with any of the choices. I am a CN girl - headed there for trip number 6 in April. However, we also have CSS booked for the first time for December 2014. You have fun, no matter where you end up!

CSA-we leave in 2 weeks from today to go and we can't wait! It is our 6th time there as well. It is great, simply amazing! Everything is perfect: the drinks, food, workers, spa, beach...PARADISE

Second Soft. Check into Swept Away in Negril. Then, check into Swept Away in Negril!

My husband and I went to CTI in Dec. not as small as it looks. Had a very good time and couples of all ages were there. Very relaxing and very friendly staff. Don't think you will go wrong choosing CTI

We've also been to all 4. They're all great in their own ways so you can't go wrong. if CTI is calling to you, as it seems to be, go with your heart. It is a fabulous resort in so many ways. We did have some rough weather there the year we went end of Dec. When are you going? Not that anyone can predict the weather, but there are weather patterns.