Default Spending our honeymoon at CSS 11/2/14 to 11/8/14

Hi everyone! We just booked our honeymoon at CSS today! We are getting married on Halloween night, Friday October 31st, and will arrive at CSS on Sunday. We are both in our early 50's, neither have been to an all inclusive resort OR Jamaica, so we are very excited. My honey is recovering from a kidney transplant this past August (he is doing fine, thank God!) and so we put our wedding off until this year so that we could have a "Hallowedding", or as I call it, a big ass costume party with vows.

We have reserved a Penthouse Suite. I would love to hear your recommendations....and see pictures....of ones you have stayed in.

And of course, any other tips, suggestions, thoughts you have. My honey doesn't drink....but I do. Hopefully there are some non-alcoholic options for him while he's there.

Thanks for any info you have for us!!!!!!!!!!

Julie
    Julie & Michael
    Honeymooning at CSS 11/2/14

Congratulations! Sounds like you're all set to have a great time at your wedding!

We stayed in a beachfront suite last year when we were at CSS. But are considering a Penthouse Suite for our next trip. I look forward to hearing the replies from the regulars who frequent the suites and which ones they preferred. However, it is also my understanding that you can no longer request a specific room... but I guess it never hurts to ask?

There are plenty of options for you both to drink. You can just ask for their "special" or you can try a hummingbird, or a miami vice, or a dirty banana.. Those are just a few of my favorite alcoholic drinks. For non-alcoholic drinks, I bet they can turn any of those into a "virgin".

Be sure to take the tour. Explore the resort. Take a bike ride around the pond. Go on a glass bottom boat ride. That will get you started.. If you're adventurous, go on the Dunn's River Falls excursion. Relax and have fun!

Thanks benandmiranda! I've been trying to find pictures online and it looks like some of the one bedroom suites are nicer than the Penthouse ones! Yikes! Hopefully some people can shed some light on their favorite rooms!
    Julie & Michael

Quote Originally Posted by JulieR322 View Post
    Thanks benandmiranda! I've been trying to find pictures online and it looks like some of the one bedroom suites are nicer than the Penthouse ones! Yikes! Hopefully some people can shed some light on their favorite rooms!
    We did love the location of our one bedroom beachfront. Not only did it have a beautiful view, it had a private balcony, and was just steps to the main pool and beach... Instead of LOTS of steps. Also hear the rooms are being remodeled.. So maybe even nicer in the near future.

Hi Julie! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! The Penthouse Suites are in Block C-C8 the Pavarotti Suite, D Block you have the Belafonte, Angela Bassett, Steve McQueen and Roger Moore Penthouses and the Prime Minister's Suite. The Steve McQueen PH is D14 and has 1.5 baths, a huge blue tiled walk in shower and large balcony--we've stayed in this PH 4 out of our 7 trips! We've stayed in the Roger Moore 1 time, it's PH D20 and the next door neighbor to the Steve McQueen PH and looks out over the main beach and main lawn. The Harry Belafonte and Angela Bassett PH's look out over the Mineral Pool out to sea--totally unobstructed views. Block E has 4 PH suites, they are close to the Balloon Bar and can be a bit noisy, they also have smaller balconies but also have views out to sea over the Mineral Pool. The Pavarotti PH, C8 is huge! 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, but the balcony is small and it has an obstructed view of the main beach.

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful trip!

That's great information, thank you so much! Sounds like we'd love to get Steve McQueen if possible!

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi Julie! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! The Penthouse Suites are in Block C-C8 the Pavarotti Suite, D Block you have the Belafonte, Angela Bassett, Steve McQueen and Roger Moore Penthouses and the Prime Minister's Suite. The Steve McQueen PH is D14 and has 1.5 baths, a huge blue tiled walk in shower and large balcony--we've stayed in this PH 4 out of our 7 trips! We've stayed in the Roger Moore 1 time, it's PH D20 and the next door neighbor to the Steve McQueen PH and looks out over the main beach and main lawn. The Harry Belafonte and Angela Bassett PH's look out over the Mineral Pool out to sea--totally unobstructed views. Block E has 4 PH suites, they are close to the Balloon Bar and can be a bit noisy, they also have smaller balconies but also have views out to sea over the Mineral Pool. The Pavarotti PH, C8 is huge! 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, but the balcony is small and it has an obstructed view of the main beach.

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful trip!
    Julie & Michael

Beautiful resort. Very private and romantic
    We spent 5 days in December 2012 Beachfront
    We would exit out back slider and keep it unlocked
    And put wallets ect in safe was real convenient
    Very convenient to beach, beach bar and grill
    Restaurant where you have breakfast and
    Water sports

It's a lot of walking if you are on cliffs
    We were 49 and 51 and we would only walk the steps