Default Shoes for Dinner

First time visitor to CN in March and wondering if nice leather sandals or flip flops would be acceptable for dinner, even with khakis as I dont really want to carry heavy dress shoes if necessary. Thank you.

Lychee and Oteheite are the only two restaurants with the following dress requirements: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional. The rest are resort casual. You can check out the details yourself on the following page, just click on "info & hours" under each restaurant for their details: http://couples.com/negril/restaurants-bars.php.

Crocs makes some mens shoes that are light, comfortable and casual. These are on sale for $30.

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-mens-sant...ntacruz_131126

That dress code only applies to the Oteheite, nice shorts & sandals are ok at Lychee. (as stated on the web site mentioned above: Lychee Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks/dress shorts and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, beach shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.) This was discussed and resolved over the summer. For the Oteheite, you don't need heavy dress shoes, something like Topsiders, loafers, etc are fine.

I think sneakers are always best casual shoes for men as they give you stylish,elegant and professional looks in all types of events.

I got some nice canvas closed toe shoes from Bobs and they give a free pair to a needy person for every pair they sell!

benandmiranda,
    You are off the mark on the dress code at Lychee. Dress shorts are allowed there. It's just Otaheite that requires long pants.
    This is one of the reasons I love Lychee so much!

You kidding, I just bought some Loubs for the missus, she's wearing these everywhere! RAR!! Name:  20130819134179427942.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  46.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Crocs makes some mens shoes that are light, comfortable and casual. These are on sale for $30.

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-mens-sant...ntacruz_131126
    People may laugh at the idea of Crocs, but I have a few pairs of their loafers/boat shoes, and they are great all-purpose shoes at the resort. My favorites are Sanuks, but they are typically a little pricier.