Default Couples Swept Away Excursions

I will be at CSA in December 2014 and again in April 2015. Was thinking of doing an excursion one day each trip. The two I was considering were the Appleton Rum Distillery tour and Duns River Falls. Here are my questions:

1. Are these the best two excursions?
    2. Is there another excursion I should consider?
    3. Which excursion should I do in December and which one in April?

thanks for your input!!!

Dunns River Falls is a really long day across the center or around the western half of the island of Jamaica from Negril and SweptAway. There are options to whet your water fall appetite, however. YSFalls is not that far from the Appleton Estate (which, if you're interested in history, is a very good tour!). This falls is spectacular in its own right. Mayfield Falls is another beautiful trip, and incorporates a river walk through a beautiful, wild, park setting, and is also very accessible from SweptAway.

April is normally a rather dry month on Jamaica, so whichever falls you decide to tour may not be so spectacular, although Dunns being at the mouth of a river might be a good bet. You can ask about recent weather or watch the weather reports in the weeks leading up to your April visit. Heavy rains will make the Mayfield tour a walk in the woods rather than a walk in the river (a fresh stream, actually). December would be a better fit for the other two... but you never know.

The Appleton tour is a media experience, followed by a tour of the distillery, equipment, aging shed and grounds. As such, this tour can be done at any time.

For reference, my wife and I did the Appleton Estate and YS Falls tours in a single day, leaving SweptAway before 9 am, and returning in time for dinner.

Another disclaimer, we have NOT been to Dunn's River Falls.

Hope this helps....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Dunne is clear on the other side of the island so not worth it from Negril. If you want falls, do YS or Mayfield falls.

You may want to rethink the Dunns River excursion. It would be 3 hours each way to get there and that would be not only an expensive excursion, it would be your entire day. You may want to hold that one for a future trip to CTI or CSS. If you do go I would check to make sure it's on a day when there are no cruise ships scheduled.

If your at SA I think the falls trip is YS Falls. We did the YS Falls and Black River tour in 2012, it was a lot of fun. Takes up pretty much a full day cause of travel. In 2013 we did Mayfield Falls, they were pretty too. We are thinking of visiting Appleton on our 2014 trip. We have also done the swim with the dolphins, Ricks Cafe, Margarittaville, and the Push Cart. Either time is good for either excursion. Enjoy and have fun.

Ya Mon
    CSA 2012, 2013