Default Almost there! A few ?s

Hey guys - In 1 week from now I will be enjoying a nice adult beverage watching the sunset in CN. However as we are packing for our honeymoon I have a couple questions.

1) OK Im going ot pack to much I already know that. If we hit over the 50lb weight restriction anyone know the cost for the bag? (Flying AA)

2) Ive seen the croc dinner debate however their was some debate over pants, can my soon-to-be hubby wear jeans, khakis, or black dockers? I dont want to pack all 3. So which would be best.

3) Are phone cards available in the gift shop? Are they decent priced or should I try to find one here in the states.

Six days until my wedding and seven days till paradise!! We cannot wait! Any other last minute advice would be awesome!

Thanks everyone!
    Pamela

Quote Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
    Hey guys - In 1 week from now I will be enjoying a nice adult beverage watching the sunset in CN. However as we are packing for our honeymoon I have a couple questions.

1) OK Im going ot pack to much I already know that. If we hit over the 50lb weight restriction anyone know the cost for the bag? (Flying AA) Checked baggage weighing over 50 lbs/23 kgs but not more than 70 lbs/32 kgs will be charged at the rate of $50 per piece. Weight it before you leave, if over then pack your items in a 2nd bag, only $25.00

2) Ive seen the croc dinner debate however their was some debate over pants, can my soon-to-be hubby wear jeans, khakis, or black dockers? I dont want to pack all 3. So which would be best. No jeans, to hot, I would bring khakis

3) Are phone cards available in the gift shop? Are they decent priced or should I try to find one here in the states.??

Six days until my wedding and seven days till paradise!! We cannot wait! Any other last minute advice would be awesome!

Thanks everyone!
    Pamela

Enjoy!!!
    Irie Mon

1) OK Im going ot pack to much I already know that. If we hit over the 50lb weight restriction anyone know the cost for the bag? (Flying AA) It depends on when you purchased your ticket. Here's the link to the AA website with the information. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...eAllowance.jsp HOWEVER, I also overpacked on my first trip to Jamaica, which was also m honeymoon. Don't do it! You are LITERALLY in your bathing suit from breakfast until dinner, so you only need one outfit for dinner each night. I have a packing list if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com)

2) Ive seen the croc dinner debate however their was some debate over pants, can my soon-to-be hubby wear jeans, khakis, or black dockers? I dont want to pack all 3. So which would be best. No jeans!! Way too hot for that. Khakis or black dockers will be fine. After several trips, my hubby will onyl wear silk (which you can get at Walmart or Kohls) because they keep him cooler than the khakis or linen.

3) Are phone cards available in the gift shop? Are they decent priced or should I try to find one here in the states. Try to find one here in the states in case the gift shop is out of them. But you might also check with your cell phone provider. I have AT&T and on my plan, it was free for people to call or text me, then a minimal charge for me to call or text out.
    Have a great time! No worries, mon!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it!

Hey Amy on Sat I will be getting married at the Spring Chateau in Spring, TX. Wave at us as you drive by!!

[QUOTE=Pamster;23062]Hey guys - In 1 week from now I will be enjoying a nice adult beverage watching the sunset in CN. However as we are packing for our honeymoon I have a couple questions.

1) OK Im going ot pack to much I already know that. If we hit over the 50lb weight restriction anyone know the cost for the bag? (Flying AA)
    tip put all the stuff you plan on packing then minimally delete half of what you laid out and dollars to donuts you will still have over packed

2) Ive seen the croc dinner debate however their was some debate over pants, can my soon-to-be hubby wear jeans, khakis, or black dockers? I dont want to pack all 3. So which would be best.

one pair of black will work for the week it is negril the unoffical captial of casual ...
    please remember black sox if you plan on wearing your crocs

I don't know what AA charges for overweight bags over 50 lbs. but NWA/Delta was going to charge us $90 per bag back in May when we were coming home from CSS. Nothing was said going down but checking in to come home, they said both our bags were 54 - 55 lbs. even though we didn't have anything different. The guy ask us if we could remove anything so I took out my beach bag from one of the bags & unloaded shoes from each bag to get under the limit & carried them on. DO NOT OVERPACK!!!!!!!!!! I know I always take way too much even after all these years of going. I always get caught up in that "just in case" mode when I pack. I've NEVER "just in cased" but that still doesn't stop me. I still pack way more than 6 people could wear.
    Julie

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it!

Hey Amy on Sat I will be getting married at the Spring Chateau in Spring, TX. Wave at us as you drive by!!
    What a small world! Have a great wedding and I'll definitely be waving
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Agree with the unpacking after you get everything you think you "need" packed. We ran into a problem with NWA a few years back, one bag was over the 50lb limit and they weren't going to charge us they just weren't going to allow it on until it was under the limit--perhaps an employee misunderstood the rules? That's quite a spot to be in when you are standing there trying to check in, what exactly do you do with your stuff, throw it away? Luckily the bag was only over by a couple pounds and we had another small bag that wasn't well packed so we could shuffle things around but we had a moment of panic. That trip we had SCUBA stuff and both of us had been sick with colds so lots of meds in case we relapsed and I had packed quickly and hadn't done a good job of leaving home unnecessary items, took half the closet even though I knew better. As someone mentioned you will literally be in your swimming suit all day long so only take one outfit for each evening, I even try to mix-and-match when I can to lighten the load even more. You are only in the clothes for a couple of hours so hubby can easily re-wear shorts or pants and if you are brigning shorts, capris, etc you can too. Try bringing light dresses that don't take much space and don't weigh much. Bring one or two pair of shoes that match all your outfits. No one is looking at you so it's a waste to dress for everyone else, might as well lighten the suitcase and enjoy the trip. And believe me, you'll really appreciate that on the way home, somehow they seem to weigh more when you don't have the excitement of the trip looming in front of you!