Default Swimming at Tower Isle

What's the swimming like at Tower Isle? Is there a dock to swim from or do you go in directly from the Island I've also read that water shoes are a good idea since it seems to be rocky. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

The main beach area has some decent swimming but also has some rocky areas. We prefer to wear aqua shoes so that it is easier on the feet.

Since you posted in the Au Naturel section, I will also assume you are inquiring about swimming out at the island. There is some opportunity to swim near the island. The only area to go into the water on the island is the side of the island that faces the resort. Since you are on the island, you will need to remove ALL of your clothes. The island isn't clothing optional or topless. You are expected to be completely naked while on the island. People from the main beach will see you if you decide to go swimming near the dock that faces the resort. However there is enough distance between you and the beach that they won't see a lot of detail.

You can not swim on the other side of the island. Too shallow with lots of sharp rocks and choral. You would get cut up badly. Most likely bad enough that it could ruin your stay.

Enjoy your first stay at CTI.

Only 24 more days until we return to CTI. Getting a little bit closer every day.

There is a dock on the "main" side of CTI. This is where those going to "the island" catch the boat. There is a swimming area along the main beach. On the island there is a dock, where the boat takes those going for an all-over tan. There is a small "beach area" where those on the island can enter the water. Water shoes aren't necessary unless going further out from the main beach than the swimming area.

Default Swimming at Tower Isle

Quote Originally Posted by Free Spirit View Post
    What's the swimming like at Tower Isle? Is there a dock to swim from or do you go in directly from the Island I've also read that water shoes are a good idea since it seems to be rocky. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

My wife and I were at Tower Isle earlier this month (January) and initially did not see any one swimming near the dock - we later realized it was probably due to the wind and the waves, which were quite excessive at some times. The next day we saw both people swimming from the dock towards the wooden stairs and on the left side of the dock.

One day while we were at the island we went swimming out by the stairs. The water was not all that deep, and water shoes would have been helpful if we wanted to walk around more but swimming was fine. Overall, I think we saw 8-10 people swimming by the island during out week at Tower Isle (wind closed the island 2 of the days we were there). I think most of the people just stayed by the pool if they wanted to be in the water.

There is also an area to the far left of the island where you can enter the water, but the rocks are sharp and plentiful. I was there looking around for a few minutes but did not want to risk falling on sharp rocks without clothing on.

People do swim from the walk down stairs on east side of the boat dock.
    Irie Mon