Default Credit card use at Sangsters

Have you used/would you have no qualms about using your credit card at Sangsters airport? ie: liquor store or boutique to buy tshirts

My credit card info was stolen from the Margaritaville store at Sangster. I had it happen in Negril once, so I quit using it in Jamaica altogether except for the resort and the airport. Margaritaville was the only place I used it besides the resort, so I am assuming it was there and not the resort. Luckily, my credit card company (Visa) has a very good fraud department and refused the charges. You need to contact your credit card company before you go out of the country and tell them your dates. Then they will refuse any charges made outside the US outside of those dates. I learned that the hard way second time we went to Jamaica when I tried to use the credit card at the CSS Tour Desk and they refused to approve it.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Always use, never an issue. Plus if something were to happen, your credit card company should handle the problem.

I have used a credit card at Sangsters many times without a problem.
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

We've had no problems using it at the liquor stores. I have heard of problems in the past with people using them at some of the smaller stores.

I have used mine at the liquor store for rum cream, no problem

Never an issue in five trips.

I've used it with no problems.

Yes used credit cards at Mobay Airport lots of times over many years without problem. The only time I ever had fraud issues when using my card abroad was using it in the USA, but the card company repaid me.

We've used ours before at the liquor store with no problems. Can't speak for any of the other stores though since we didn't use it anywhere else.

used mine past several years at the liquor store, with no problems :-) Just remeber to let your card service know you will be using it out of the USA!!!

Was there in December, bought some coffee and T-Shirts to bring home, used CC- no problem.

Sure, it's a lot safer than Target.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We have used with out issues for t-shirts etc.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, CN 2013

I always use my credit card for purchases at the airport, and have never had a problem. We also s o make sure to use our card that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee. Have a great trip!

We've been to Jamaica 22 times & have probably used our c.c. at the airport every time, at different stores (for coffee, souvenirs, Margaritaville, etc...), & luckily have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Sure, it's a lot safer than Target.
    Now that there is great comeback and sadly- true.

Just be sure to notify your bank the dates you will be there so they won't decline charges for being out of country and also so after you leave, your card will be declined by your bank as it would be a fraud alert.

We use cash only, it is not worth the risk. The only time I pull out my card is at check in.
    Irie Mon