Default Anyone pack differently for CSS than they would for CN?

Just wondering if you folks who have been both CN and CSS pack any differently for CSS?
    We never use any water shoes at CN because of the clear, sandy bottom at Bloody Bay. How comfortable is the beach at CSS in bare feet?
    Anything else different as far as packing?
    Thanks!

I don't bring flip flops to CSS - too many steps and too many chance to fall up (learned this the hard way). I take Teva strap on sandals instead. I also only take wedges for night time for the same reason and also the lawn party does not really work on heels.

Amy

I usually bring water shoes to CSS because there are rocks/coral in the swimming area which can be sharp, and I also wouldn't want to step on a sea urchin!
    The beach is a little hard packed, although it seemed that they brought in some fresh sand last year, maybe when they were rebuilding Sunset Beach, so it's much nicer to walk on now.

I didn't realize they rebuilt the beaches. I have read previous posts where people asked about the condition of the beaches after hurricanes, and other people said they let the beaches naturally rebuild themselves.

As far as what to bring or not bring, I agree with the previous posts that, for the resort itself, water shoes are probably not needed at CN. Other than that and maybe the skinny high heel shoes, the packing is about the same.

81 days 11 hours 56 minutes!!!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

If your planning on going to SSB at CSS, you will definitely need water shoes.

I guess hip waders would be against the rules.

I think that people dress up more at CSS than CN for dinner. We went back to CN last year and I felt overdressed on more than one occasion since I brought most of the same clothes as I usually take to CSS. We've found CSS to be a more mature crowd with not as many honeymooners and mostly repeaters which probably has something to do with it. Bring comfortable shoes as everyone else mentioned since there is a lot more areas to walk than CN. I definitely agree on the water shoes too.

Quote Originally Posted by rrallen View Post
    I think that people dress up more at CSS than CN for dinner. We went back to CN last year and I felt overdressed on more than one occasion since I brought most of the same clothes as I usually take to CSS. We've found CSS to be a more mature crowd with not as many honeymooners and mostly repeaters which probably has something to do with it. Bring comfortable shoes as everyone else mentioned since there is a lot more areas to walk than CN. I definitely agree on the water shoes too.

I also agree that people dress up more for dinner at CSS. You don't have too, but its nice not feeling out of place if you like to dress up.

I agree with the last contributor - CSS seemed a bit more 'upmarket' than CN when we visited both over Christmas and the New Year. However, I wore the same evening clothes at both resorts and they were quite dressy because of the festive season. I didn't wear sand shoes at either resort but you'll need them if you do the Dunn's River Falls trip. We loved both resorts!
    Jean

Jean