Default Arrival Time- Two Choices

My fiancé and I are traveling to CSA in November for our honeymoon. We will be arriving on a Sunday afternoon.

We have two choices for our flight arrival time into Sangster:

Option 1 – 12:40pm (6:20am start)
    Option 2 – 2:29pm (8:15am start)

Which option would you choose? Does it make a big difference arriving at the resort from 2:00pm - 4:00pm?

Thanks!

(at the risk of repeating what everyone is likely to say) The earlier, the better. The earlier time might give you enough time to check in and relax a bit before dinner.

We try to get the earliest flights taking into consideration we leave a good amount of connection time.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

I'm sure everyone will say the same thing... The earlier the better. Why wait to start your honeymoon in Paradise??? We are west coasters and typically have to start our travel the night before on a red eye to arrive by noon. 11-12 hours at least and thats if we get minimal transfer times on our connection. Trust me, you don't want a miss a minute of the beauty that is Couples... Just 79 more days for us until our 3rd trip to couples, first to CSA. We are traveling with a two other couples, one of which is literally leaving their wedding at 9pm just to get to CSA!!!! Book before they sell out, because the early flights do, and quick!!
    Congratulations and I hope you have a fabulous honeymoon (why hope, I know you will... )

You should also keep in mind that the sun sets at 6:00. You probably want to check in to your room and explore the resort a bit before it gets dark.
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    (at the risk of repeating what everyone is likely to say) The earlier, the better. The earlier time might give you enough time to check in and relax a bit before dinner.
    Bert you were the first and I totally agree with you!! The earlier the better.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

You may not have a room, but you will still be able to enjoy the resort.

I agree with everyone else. We live in the west coast and for our honeymoon took the first flight out at 6am (we left for the airport at 2am) and still didn't make it to the resort until 6pm. We were tired and it was dark by the time we got to our room. This year we were smart and are taking the red eye to Charlotte and should hopefully be to the resort by about noon. I'm sure we will still be exhausted (although probably no more tired than on our first trip) but at least we will be able to enjoy some beverages and relax in the sun even though our room probably won't be ready

Early unless you like extra sleep

The best case would be landing, getting through immigration, customs, and getting on the Swept Away shuttle in 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour. The best! Next it's 1.25 - 1.5 hrs. to Swept Away. So, that's aprox. 2 hrs. plus at the best. Add that to your times and you'll be arriving at 2:40, or 4:30, at best. Keep in mind latter flights might be met with more other arrivals slowing things down quite a bit. There is a big difference in arriving at those diff. times. After you get to your room, with the earlier arrival, you'll still have time to explore as Jan stated. Two more hours of the sun and daylight is a big deal!

As everyone else has said, EARLY Mon!

I hate to be a contrarian, but i'd pick the later one. If you take the earlier one you may be sitting around the resort waiting for your room to be ready. Get some rest! You're about to have the time of your life!

The earlier the better is the way to go.

May I ask which airlines you're looking at? I can't get flight schedules for mid August yet. So I'm wondering how you can see flights for November.

If we arrive later than 11:30, we automatically add a day on the front end and stay in Mobay. Maximize that Couples time! (same goes for early departures)

I guess it’s unanimous… We will be on the earlier flight!

I never even thought of the sunset at 6:00pm for November. Good point.

Thanks everyone!

Inthesun - almost every trip we end up at the resort before our room is ready. They hold our bags at the front desk. We bring whatever we need for the day in a carry-on bag. Heck, I change into my swim suit in the bathroom of the Coupled lounge at Montego Bay! We check in, dump our bags and head straight to the pool bar. We have lunch, hang on the beach...basically have a great day at the resort. Room be damned - it will wait for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Inthesun View Post
    I hate to be a contrarian, but i'd pick the later one. If you take the earlier one you may be sitting around the resort waiting for your room to be ready. Get some rest! You're about to have the time of your life!
    HOW can sitting around the resort be a bad thing? When we get there before our room is ready we hit the beach!! No worries mon!

I could give you a thousand reasons to go early... not one for the late arrival.

You were smart to book the earlier flight. The later in the day you leave the more likely your flight could be delayed. Leaving Jamaica....well take the last flight out and maybe you'll get lucky and HAVE to spend another day in paradise.

Earlier the better..........allows for delays you might not even think would happen. Such as: Jan. 25, 2014 we were flying over Florida when the pilot said "there was a communications problem with the plane. We need to land in Ft. Lauderdale, switch planes.......15 minuets folks". 3 hours later we took off. Didn't get to CSA until 7:00 pm..........enough time to change, go for Lobster and to bed. Expect the unexpected and act accordingly.........leave early.